WHICH CARD = INFORMATION

EvaSegovia

So I'm looking for a card that means information (of the factual type.) To me, the High Priestess equates to wisdom and the Heirophant to knowledge and education. But what equates to information itself (such as may be found in the phone book, etc.)? I'm thinking it would be a Swords card, but which one? Please help... I need some information! (I'm so funny...)

feminine_mystique

So I'm looking for a card that means information (of the factual type.) To me, the High Priestess equates to wisdom and the Heirophant to knowledge and education. But what equates to information itself (such as may be found in the phone book, etc.)? I'm thinking it would be a Swords card, but which one? Please help... I need some information! (I'm so funny...)

Perhaps the 3 of pentacles?

Or even 7 of cups?

Swords wise any of the court card could lead to it. Especially the page, king and queen along with Justice too. 🤔

??

Padma

I would go with 8 of Wands, myself...

ETA Or the Queen of Swords. She always knows what is what.

EvaSegovia

Uhhh... Now I can see ALL of them! DARN!!! I can tell I'm going to have to study them all side by side... Either that or throw them all in a hat! Thanks you two! (chuckle)

EvaSegovia

OK. Here's what I see:
3 Pentacles -- info read in the paper (or just "read the directions!!!"))
7 Cups -- info overload
8 Wands -- blindsided by info
Queen of Swords -- cut through the crap to see the REAL info
Obviously they all work in one context or another. Depends on the reading i guess... Anyone else?

elena_jaymz

Hi, maybe also the Pages, as they're usually thought to bring good and/or bad news.

Barleywine

I would think the Ace of Swords could represent "raw data" (unfiltered and unprocessed). Unpleasant or unsettling information makes me think of the 5 of Swords. Processed (perhaps even published) and disseminated information seems more like the 6 of Swords in its guise of "Science." The 8 of Wands I see more as the delivery system than the contents.

Strenght

How about Page of Swords. To me that card equals information found online (maybe a bit of spying too) , searching for real actual answers, getting to the bottom of things.

EvaSegovia

WOW!!! Yes, I can see ALL the various interpretations! EXCELLENT! I'm going to have do some scribblying in my notebook here! Thanks everyone! And Barleywine, your input:
"I would think the Ace of Swords could represent "raw data" (unfiltered and unprocessed)" is the EXACT card I was looking for in this instance. Again, thanks to all...

arcange

Great discussion.

The Page of Swords as gossip.