Mary K Greer's Books

Winterchild

Who Are You in the Tarot

I have and love Tarot for Yourself and saw Tarot Mirrors and Tarot Constellations at a friends today, they both seem to be out of print, but she thinks that Who Are You in the Tarot could well be an updated version of them both.... is this correct? Thanks..

rwcarter

Who Are You in the Tarot is an update of Tarot Constellations. It may contain info from Tarot Mirrors, but I'm not sure.

Teheuti

Corrected - I wrote the wrong title in original post. Thanks, Rodney!

Nope, nothing from Tarot Mirrors (that I can remember), but there's quite a bit of updating and new material (some sections more than others).

Mary

tarot heart

Corrected - I wrote the wrong title in original post. Thanks, Rodney!

Nope, nothing from Tarot Mirrors (that I can remember), but there's quite a bit of updating and new material (some sections more than others).

Mary

So, it is an updated version of Tarot Constellations then??? And if so, how much of TC is in it? Thanks! :)

Teheuti

So, it is an updated version of Tarot Constellations then??? And if so, how much of TC is in it? Thanks! :)
I think almost all of the original TC is there plus more. I don't have a specific word count because I did a lot of tweaking of descriptions and added clarifications here and there, move around a little of the material and added two chapters (I believe) plus some appendices. Please don't ask me for more detail than that ;-)

Winterchild

Thank you! Will Taort Mirrors be available on Kindle or updated in the future? I love *REAL* books, but in NZ its not that easy to get hold of them quickly, and I am impatient when I want something like a book... I wanna dive right in there! Plus e-books have a couple of advantages that make up for their lack of gorgeous texture, crackle, feel, huggability, smell..... the searching is much easier and you can print an odd page to add to a journal more easily than copying.

Teheuti

No plans for Tarot Mirrors at this time. It was my favorite book of that period of my life but didn't sell as well as the others.

swedishfish612

I'm thinking of getting a Mary K. Greer book and I'd love some advice. I'm a relative newbie (started Tarot in late 2008, but only recently started making headway, reading without having to look up meanings, etc.). I worked my way through most of Joan Bunning's Learning the Tarot and am looking for a good second book.

I've narrowed it down to either 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card or Tarot for Your Self. On the one hand, I only plan on reading for myself at this time, so the latter seems like a good plan. However, I've peeked into the 21 Ways study group here a few times, and that study sounds enticing as well.

Any guidance would be much appreciated! I imagine I'll own both eventually, but can't decide which one to begin with!

Nel

Necro Alert

(Sorry for resurrecting such an old topic!)

Personally Mary's books are my favorite by far.

A lot of Tarot books I've come across is written in a sense that "This is how it is. Accept it. Oh and it also contradicts everything you know. Accept it"

Mary's on the other hand goes in extreme depth of any and every aspect of the tarot, and explains why, history, origins and sources. It makes it easily compatible with other teachings too!

All of Greer's books + 78 degrees is an eternal bastion of knowledge of which I keep reading and re-reading

Nemia

If you have to pick only one, I'd say go for Tarot for Yourself. If you really do the work she outlines in this workbook, you build a solid foundation for your relationship with tarot - and everything you read later can be built on that.

I remember what a revelation and revolution these books were for me. You really feel that tarot is indeed for yourself, not only for very wise people who have psychic abilities, know their Kabbalah, tarot history and the encyclopedia of symbols by heart, and have accumulated wisdom of the ages. No, tarot is really for YOU.

All her books are wonderful but for a beginner, this is IMO the best.