Saturn Returns

isthmus nekoi

Dave, yes please, I'd love to read what you have to say about Saturn - Sun.

Instinct for practicality, that's a great way of putting it.

Moongold

FaeChylde ~

A sister Sagittarian - hi there :). Your Sun is in Sagittarius and your Moon in Virgo. Sagittarians are usually expressive and confident. Moon in Virgo would provide a strong link between the emotions and the body and you may be a little bit perfectionist. You would have a lot of fun in creativity and this would be important for you. Children might also be really important.

Your Saturn is retrograde in the 12th House with a trine to the Sun but there are many things to be taken into account when considering this and I'd like some time to do this. Your Saturn is in Aries as well. Your first Saturn Return would have been in 1997 and 1998 so you might like to reflect on that time and consider what changes if any occurred for you then. I don't see that your Saturn is really afflicted but I'm one person with a loaded 12th House. :)

As Isthmus would say, one needs to take into account the whole chart in determining meaning. It would be great to see what Dadsnook has to say.

Your Ascendant is in Gemini which may give you a wonderful sense of curiosity about life and everything in general.

The thing that leaped out from your chart were all the planets you have in your 5th House, the House of creativity :) . Your Moon, Pluto, Uranus and Jupiter are all in the 5th House. Are you very creative in some way?

Anyway, I would like to have look at your chart in some detail on the week end and will get back to you.

Many blessings ~

Moongold

13thFaeChylde

Moongold said:

The thing that leaped out from your chart were all the planets you have in your 5th House, the House of creativity :) . Your Moon, Pluto, Uranus and Jupiter are all in the 5th House. Are you very creative in some way?

Anyway, I would like to have look at your chart in some detail on the week end and will get back to you.

Many blessings ~

Moongold

I really don't have a creative bone in my body, but I am a big fan of other's creativity. Very odd, am I supposed to be creative??

Thanks again for having a look at this chart of mine, :)
I can't wait to hear what else is in there. I occasionally read my horoscope, but have no head for the big (chart) picture, unfortunately.

Moongold

My immediate response is that having children and bringing them up is IMMENSELY creative. Mother as Empress.

And I just read something in another thread about gardening and tarot bags :).

Maybe this creativity thng is something for you to explore, with all that Sagittarian optimism and energy waiting to be used. Perhaps it is siimply a matter of perspective?

Watch this space :D

No ~ I will PM you when I've finished. If you could PM me your email address I will send you some material via email. There is not quite enough room in the Aeclectic email and I'd like to send you some attachments.

Blessings again ~

Moongold

dadsnook2000

Saturn & Moon Phase Relationships

Before looking at the Sun, perhaps the Saturn-Moon phase relationship would be more helpful. Among all of the symbols that can be applied to these two we can focus on these particular key words: Saturn) sense of identity's limits, responsibility, rules to be aware of. Moon) sense of the past, emotional highs and lows, what one has for "needs".

* Saturn to Moon, 0 to 44 degrees: Has a strong identity that was formed early, follows chosen beliefs automatically.
* Saturn to Moon, 45 to 89 degrees: Adopt an identity to flee the past and find a future.
* Saturn to Moon, 90 to 134 degrees: Confrontational, fights to drop and old identity and establish a new one.
* Saturn to Moon, 134 to 179 degrees: Has hostility to tradions. Will re-structure old lessons to suit new needs.
* Saturn to Moon, 180 to 224 degrees: Remaking self is the goal, a conflict with your past identity.
* Saturn to Moon, 225 to 269 degrees: Practices the self's concepts.
* Saturn to Moon, 270 to 314 degrees: Choosing to change one's self. Sometimes a public struggle.
* Saturn to Moon, 315 degrees to 0 degrees: One needs change in order to find a new self.

Now, there is nothing exacting about the boundries between phases as defined by degrees. As one approaches, reaches and leaves a phase boundry one adopts a new way of working out the energies between this crucial astrological pair, then strongly identifies with the new energies, then settles into adopting and refining the new methodology. Dave.

paradoxx

the retrograde factor

Saturns rules bend for some. When saturn goes retrograde on or after a degree point in your chart, then that degree point, and whatever bodies its attached to, but heads with Saturn. Saturn return foeward and past this point effectivily killing the issue for good unless something else causes a re-emergence. I believe that Saturn is most unfocused in Cancer, it lacks a sense of focus and replaces it with drive, this is only realized when Saturn hits retrograde and everything goes into high gear. Saturn will go retrograde in November.

dadsnook2000

Saturn can have a difficult placement

Paradoxx. Saturn can also have a difficult placement in Pisces (as in my chart). Saturn doesn't do well in Neptune's sign (or in the case of classical rulerships, one of Jupiter's signs).

Robert Pelletier, author of Planets in Houses and Planets in Aspect (Rob Hand wrote other books in the same series) noted that Saturn is the illusion of reality and Neptune is the certainty of illusion. Cancer and Pisces being water signs do muddle up the Saturn expression with emotions and lack of focus. Saturn in Pisces tripped over my MC before doing its "return" stuff. Direct and retrograde station points and direction changes can bring uncertainty, depressive engergy, lethargy to someone -- all of which can hang around and difuse ones sense of change for the better. At that time one career just melted away and another began. There was no control over the events.

Saturn passed over my Asc at zero Cancer a short time ago. It was not as bad as the last time -- mostly acting as a damper on my get up and go and revealing itself as difficulties in achieving results in some personal endeavors. I just waited it out and kept making small strides -- taking what Saturn would let me have and being patient about not making faster progress. Now, everthings is moving along nicely.

We all deal with Saturn differently. My Jupiter is almost 270 degrees ahead of Saturn. At the return point I initiated a course change, recognizing that my industry was drying up and that I had to change my goals. That fit with the phase relationship. My Moon is in the 135 to 179 phase angle: I was impatient with the traditional approach to software marketing and wanted to create something new. I became a consultant and helped others find new ways of staying in business. That fit with my Saturn-Moon phase angle. Moon is in Virgo at the IC, Jupiter is in the 6th in Sag., Saturn is in the 10th in Pisces.

Dave.

Moongold

FaeChylde ~

I stuffed up doing a hurried data entry to my software program on Friday morning and gave you the wrong information.

Your Saturn is in Aries in the 2nd House, not the 12th. You have no planets at all in the 5th so your initial response to the creativity observation of mine could have been quite right.

I have opened up anothe thread in the Astrology Forum called :

" FaeChylde - some hints on how to understand your astrological chart " which will give more information.

My best wishes ~

Moongold

13thFaeChylde

LOL!!!

That is hilarious :D :D

I have such a hard time being creative on my own, that I was thinking I must have such major blockage!!!

hehehehe

paradoxx

Re: Saturn can have a difficult placement

dadsnook2000 said:
Paradoxx. Saturn can also have a difficult placement in Pisces (as in my chart). Saturn doesn't do well in Neptune's sign (or in the case of classical rulerships, one of Jupiter's signs).

Dave.

I'm sure that Saturn in Scorpio is difficult as well, I can see the effects of Saturn being hard to cotnrol in these signs. Natals of these signs insist on adventure though.