Samhain or Halloween spread

tarotbear

Does anyone have a particular spread that they like to use on Samhain/Halloween night to do divination for the coming year?

Azarial

I am in the same boat as you. I'm trying to get a list of good spreads together to use on Halloween. This will be my first Halloween reading the tarot. I'm interested in seeing how on target it will be on that day. As I read that it's the best day of the year for divination. I'm really excited about it.

~Azarial~

WhiteRaven

I've been looking for one for the COS with no success....
I'll be watching this thread closely to see if anyone comes up with one.

Azarial, you came up with a beautiful spread not long ago....maybe you could work out one for Samhain as well? ;) :D

Ilithiya

Illy's Trick or Treat Spread

Kind of like a candy bag with handles on the top...

1) The treat - what you're hoping for
2) The trick - what you aren't expecting or are hoping to avoid

3) The hard candy - what you need to let happen in its own way and time.
4) The chewy candy - the issue/person that bogs you down and sticks like taffy
5) The tart candy - lessons that need to be learned (don't cram 16 Warheads in your mouth at the same time)

6) The caramel apple - what's good for you about the issue
7) The pixy stix - what's bad for you about the issue
8) The shiny toy - the object/person that is the shiny distraction from the issue at hand

There. Done just now, in one listen to NIN's Ringfinger, appx 5 minutes and 40 seconds. :D I'll work on more later... you guys reminded me that I need some good Halloween spreads to go with my Halloween deck this month. :laugh:

Illy

Azarial

Well, I will see what i can do, hehe.

~Azarial~

Guiding Cauldron

just an idea

edited

cormac

Ilithiya!! lol that is a great spread -- it really made me smile :D -- using the different types of candy was truly inspired (the chewy candy esp brings an exact type of personality to mind doesn't it? lol)

definitely going in my journal and hopefully i can try it out tonight :)

well done :)

oh btw -- just noticed that if you drop down by half a card height or so the #s 4 and 7 cards, you can, if you squint really hard, see a simple jackolantern face :D ;)