Home, sweet home

astronautica

My partner and I went for a long drive the other day, and I felt compelled to show him my childhood home. Even though I haven't been there for over 10 years, I always feel such a strong pull to it - in dreams, it's always my home rather than the place that I'm currently living. It's been playing on my mind a lot since then, so I thought I'd make a spread to explore my connection to my childhood home and the reasons why I still feel it has such a strong influence in my adult life.

1 - Relationship to the place
2 - Past Influence
3 - Present Influence
4 - Future Influence
5 - Why this influence is so strong
6 - What lesson does it have to teach?
7 - The part of this place you continue to carry with you

It's the first spread I've created, so let me know what you think! I guess it could be used to explore your connection to any place you feel a strong tie to :)

Chiriku

I've never seen a spread on this subject--connections to places-- and I think one is needed. Thank you for creating it.

Amanda

That's me too, my childhood home is the place that still shows up in my dreams.

Not totally sure what to make of this spread yet, since I literally just pulled the cards- but I used the Vanessa tarot and the Sun came up for me in the first spot and that seems highly accurate - "...a free-spirited young girl joyfully greets the dawn..." - I would often wake up in my bedroom to the first rays of the day shining in and could never wait to get outside and explore and discover things.

astronautica

I've never seen a spread on this subject--connections to places-- and I think one is needed. Thank you for creating it.

Thank you, Chiriku! I searched for ages and was quite surprised that there weren't any spreads concerning place either... until my Sacred Sites tarot came in the mail, which also has a rather nice little place spread in the LWB :)

That's me too, my childhood home is the place that still shows up in my dreams.

Not totally sure what to make of this spread yet, since I literally just pulled the cards- but I used the Vanessa tarot and the Sun came up for me in the first spot and that seems highly accurate - "...a free-spirited young girl joyfully greets the dawn..." - I would often wake up in my bedroom to the first rays of the day shining in and could never wait to get outside and explore and discover things.

Wow, Amanda, that's beautiful! Hope you get some use out of the spread - that's quite a lovely correlation :)

MaineGirl117

Home Sweet Home

What a cool spread Astronautica! I've posted my reading in the Your Reading forum. I always manage to pull some serious cards with lighthearted questions, but I think the reading was pretty positive in the end. My first card was The World. I actually focused on my home state of Maine since the entire place feels like Home.

Enjoy!

astronautica

Thanks for trying out my spread, MaineGirl! I really enjoyed reading your reading :)

I'll need to post the reading I did with it when I get a break from assignments... ack!

janie144

Great spread astronautica, thanks for sharing :)