The Moon as how someone feels for another

headincloud

The moon rules the unborn so the attraction may be dreamy and unformed presently but the card relates to the enchantment and romance that precedes a long term relationship and the feelings will be deep, possible psychic connection between them.

Miradeck

The moon rules the unborn so the attraction may be dreamy and unformed presently but the card relates to the enchantment and romance that precedes a long term relationship and the feelings will be deep, possible psychic connection between them.

Does it always link to a romantic tone? Or can it also be platonic like friendship or good friends?

Maru

Moon can simply mean unexplored feelings at it's core. It may be an "empty" card in this aspect... there is a first impression, but overlying that is a lot of foreign conclusions and feelings that need to be drawn outside the realm of "normal". They're not making a swift judgement yet as to how they feel because there still seems a lot of room for different conclusions to be drawn... they may even feel unsure of themselves and their ability to read others when this person is around. (causing anxiety for instance)

However, if beyond that point, it may also be someone "charmed" by this person in some sense--but not necessarily enough to give in to the call of the wild the more imaginative aspects of this card... they may not imagine anything elaborate. It may be that they can "see" the person being good for general adventures, mainly short-term excursions, as friend or not, say a dream date or trips to the "wild side", etc (think fantasy)... but there may be some notion that it may not work long-term if the question is romance-based. They may have already made this estimation and fully accept this... acting on their emotions (purely) would be a trip.

I'd say it depends on how "fresh" and instantiated the Moon card feels to you what it means. If it's well-entrenched, the person may have made some strong observations. If it's someone they hardly know, then it's more likely this this person feels "enigmatic" to them and that they themselves feel compelled to feel differently than they normally would when they are around. This doesn't mean romance, it just means the relationship (for now) is all about thinking outside the box... They may not fully understand each other, but they're perplexed by them -- which keeps things interesting...

With romance, I usually connect this card with high school romances (the often unrealistic "We're going to be married and have six kids!" even though we're all moving away kind), as Mystica7 put "They are so very in love, they suffer."... they don't think anyone else "gets it"... it is like a small world that only exists to them. Dream dates to amusement parks, trips to Vegas, eloping, etc, they can provoke similar feelings...

For a great deal of people people though, these mental excursions often prove to be too rich for the palate (it's not what our culture treats as "reasonable"). They don't open their mind easily, because often it's the "unknowns" that open them up to hurt, they were either told or taught never to be that vulnerable...they may have had these experiences, so they may feel skeptical of their own "take" on the situation. Though there's a voice in the back of their mind "not to over-think" the connection with the other person... maybe the other person is acting out quite a bit when they are around each other, leading the other person to draw what feels like "presumptuous" conclusions and the Moon card is signifying the amount of confusion (and anxiety) they are enduring, as this relationship is beyond the ordinary...

I would be cautious about things like people's emotional boundaries in these cases... Moon can be sometimes be a signal that another person's emotional buttons are being pushed and they're not exactly sure why and for what reason. On the other hand, they may feel this is the other person, that they are easily triggered emotionally in some way... they may be all over the place, at least relative to them, and this is "new territory" for them

Anyway this card often thrives in the "greys", so I would not look too hard for anything black and white and specific when it comes to it's definition. It can just as easily represent feelings that change from one minute to another... hot to cold... and back. So you may need to check later when the relationship is less "liquid"...

Edit: Added some things.

trailanga

"mooning"

i recently got the moon for the two people in my life who are both insecure with each other in regard to feelings. i drew the moon as thei present feelings and situation and it made sense.

rw had two wolves crying under the moon light. when the moon is full, lone wolves would howl to check whether the place is safe or if s/he is alone. if they get a response, it could either be a threat or s/he would join them.

their current situation: it's an ldr and both parties are confused about their feelings for each other. A is insecure whether B would reciprocate while B is insecure because she thinks A doesn't like her. both are passive-aggressive in their fb status as they post pessimism about love and longing that if you see them both, your reaction is --- "CHEEZUZ... WILL YOU TWO TALK AND SETTLE STUFF???".

then in the scenario, we see ourselves as the moon seeing things objectively as how these two wolves act in the shadows.

it all boils down to insecurities and each other's ego that if the jump and take the risk, is it worth it? are my feelings safe with him/her?

yeah, mooning.

spookyboo22

The moon could mean seeing things like you want to see them and not how they really are

SunChariot

How would you interpret The Moon card as feelings Party M would have for Party N?
I see the Moon as mysterious, lack of clarity ie unsure. So in the feelings department, it seems to be foggy, and indicates that Party M could be feeling things which she never thought she would feel for Party N.

Does this resonate with the fellow card readers out there?

I could certainly mean that. If that is what came to mind for you that;s just fine and go with it. :heart:

Since you asked, :grin: The moon is one of those cards that I up and made up my own meaning for. So what it means to me I can't expect it to me to anyone else.

For me it represents the beauty, the Majesty of life. Life's wonderful mysteries, beauty the touches us and brings tears to our eyes (beautiful music, nature), life experiences that create a deep and true sense of awe in us and knowing the magic of life, deep feelings of oneness, deep connection to nature and others....

In the end, I felt I needed a card for that, to talk about that in readings, and that is the one I chose. Before that, for me, it was just about romance. I condensed Romantic love into The Lovers, freeing my Moon for the new meaning.

I know no one else really uses my meaning as I made it up, but for me it would mean M would feel a deep deep sense of oneness with N. Deep connection and strong beautiful feelings that almost move him(her) to tears with their depth and beauty. Life seems brighter and more vivid when N is around.

Babs

Miradeck

Moon can simply mean unexplored feelings at it's core. It may be an "empty" card in this aspect... there is a first impression, but overlying that is a lot of foreign conclusions and feelings that need to be drawn outside the realm of "normal". They're not making a swift judgement yet as to how they feel because there still seems a lot of room for different conclusions to be drawn... they may even feel unsure of themselves and their ability to read others when this person is around. (causing anxiety for instance)

Anyway this card often thrives in the "greys", so I would not look too hard for anything black and white and specific when it comes to it's definition. It can just as easily represent feelings that change from one minute to another... hot to cold... and back. So you may need to check later when the relationship is less "liquid"...

Edit: Added some things.

Dear Maru,
Thank you for this very detailed explanation and sharing of experience - it makes a lot of sense and I fully agree with the points you mentioned, especially on the mental excursions, unknowns and keeping things fluid at this point. I guess as an emotions position, this card really goes into the gray area for me and leaves much more to be explored. And as you have rightly suggested, I did in fact perform a second reading on the situation of the new pair of colleagues and in the same position, the moon has evolved to Queen of Wands. So I reckon this is a positive evolution in terms of the feelings M has for N in the background even if it hasn't been spelt out explicitly at work. As QoW is a court card, again it is difficult to draw firm conclusions on the emotional aspect but I would say passionate and positive energies are happening right now. What would be your comments on this evolution?

Miradeck

i recently got the moon for the two people in my life who are both insecure with each other in regard to feelings. i drew the moon as thei present feelings and situation and it made sense.

rw had two wolves crying under the moon light. when the moon is full, lone wolves would howl to check whether the place is safe or if s/he is alone. if they get a response, it could either be a threat or s/he would join them.

Thanks for sharing trailanga. Thankfully the situation I'm seeing between M and N is less complex :) these 2 are colleagues at work with a newly formed partnership role hence I see the Moon card signifying uncertain feelings as one is trying to get to know the other better. The same spread is drawn 2 weeks later and the new card in the same position shows up with a Queen of Wands, to which I take as a positive progression of feelings to something more passionate and positive . What would be your take?

Miradeck

The moon could mean seeing things like you want to see them and not how they really are

Thanks spookyboo. Yes probably but in this situation I'm inclined to go with uncertain emotions which one is trying to work out due to the newness of the relationship. There is probably an element of mystery as well.

Miradeck

For me it represents the beauty, the Majesty of life. Life's wonderful mysteries, beauty the touches us and brings tears to our eyes (beautiful music, nature), life experiences that create a deep and true sense of awe in us and knowing the magic of life, deep feelings of oneness, deep connection to nature and others....

I know no one else really uses my meaning as I made it up, but for me it would mean M would feel a deep deep sense of oneness with N. Life seems brighter and more vivid when N is around.

Babs

Hi Babs,
Thanks for sharing, I really like your interpretation above. I think of mystery and uncertainty when I saw the Moon but I think it's also very possible that life seems more vivid when N is around as N drives the plan into action and has helped create momentum for the work M needs to do. So as an emotions card it came out to me as M is new to N and has had a few unpleasant encounters in the same role to place any conclusion on N and therefore is keeping her views and feelings on N open. Akin to still observing but with movements of positive and question marks going back and forth.

I've drawn a similar spread 2 weeks later after M has had more interaction with N and the result is that the Moon has progressed to Queen of Wands. I read this as a positive progression and that M is definitely feeling positive and passionate for N at work due to the good partnership. Would you have any other take on this? What is confusing me is that QoW is usually talked about in romantic settings, would this card make sense in a working relationship? Unless there are romantic undertones in the making?