When a querent has No Specific Question

firemaiden

I am glad this question has been asked again. I think I asked it once, but don't remember getting a satisfying answer. I'm struggling with this now.

I suppose there could be a spread to ask the question: "what is the question?"

ArwenNightstar

firemaiden said:
I am glad this question has been asked again. I think I asked it once, but don't remember getting a satisfying answer. I'm struggling with this now.

I suppose there could be a spread to ask the question: "what is the question?"

Some people will lay the first card as the answer to the question "What is the question."

However, your comment makes me wonder... do we have to get satisfying answers to every question? :-D

YogaSpider

ArwenNightstar,
You are right, often we do not focus on what we 'need' to know right now. I will take that with me in readings.

All:
I figured out for myself what to do with the No Specific Answer Querent.
Most of the time they mention Love, Work, Family. So I do 5 cards on each subject
1. Says something about the subject
2. Your Desire/What you Wish for
3. The Unexpected/what is coming at you and you don't expect it
4. Advice
5. Near Future

When Querent is like 'Oh, you know, just what life is going to bring me' I am working out a spread wich tells them fairy taleish wise where they
1. Stand now
2. What their Joy is
3. What their Fear is
4. What will Comfort them
5. The Unexpected
6. Advice which is whispered to them by a Flower
7. Advice what not to do (as the Querent is about to pick the flower, a honeybeee asked them not to do it)
8. What will hurt them (The Querent still reaches out for the flower but gets hurt by thorns)
9. A lesson ( a tiny but wise frog on a lily flower in the pond is croaking the wise lesson)

Please note that this spread is inspired by Azarial's 'A walk in the Woods' Spread.

Oh ArwenNightstar:
about YogaSpider, she is a funny spiritual character in my stories, she teaches Yoga and sometimes gets all 'tied' up with her eight legs up to a point where her students have to rescue her to continue yogaclass :D.

poivre

For no questions I just use a spread I'm comfortable with at the time.
I let the querent pick the cards and tell them that the cards are saying.....

I use just 7 cards sometimes also. Let them pick 7 cards and then
read them in a line.

My first thoughts when I read this thread would be to use
The Churchyard Spread.

-----------
Take The Fool out of the deck. Pick 12 cards. Reshuffle the 13 cards.
Place in a line. Use The Fool as an open door.
Before The Fool the querent is aware of and after The Fool is what
the querent is next to knowing.
The spread is posted under misc. spreads.

ArwenNightstar

YogaSpider said:
working out a spread wich tells them fairy taleish wise where they

snip
Oh ArwenNightstar:
about YogaSpider, she is a funny spiritual character in my stories, she teaches Yoga and sometimes gets all 'tied' up with her eight legs up to a point where her students have to rescue her to continue yogaclass :D.

Grin, well she sounds fabulous!

I have a series of Fairy Tale spreads that I've posted here. If you check the Spreads thread collection I think you will find them there.