The Law of Attraction Tarot deck

Richard

Actually the Law of Attraction was revealed to Adam by God. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, that sort of magic does have a certain validity, but not in a simplistic way. There are consequences. You don't get something for nothing.

RichardG

The dreaded Law Of Attraction book.

Yes LRichard.
Revealed to Adam by God and - according to the gospel quoted on Page 10 [Mark 11.23] - Jesus knew all about it too.
Yep, the book that accompanies the Law Of Attraction deck has some seriously heavy-weight contributors! :eek:

What's that you say? The simple use of fridge magnets & magazine cuttings won't manifest a Porsche in my driveway?
I'd like to know why not!

Maybe I'd get the hidden profundities if I was a Certified Master Practitioner....maybe I should spend $147 on The Secret's weekend workshop...
(See? Now I'm just getting unnecessarily nasty! :smoker: )

Nope. I'd rather spend $147 on buying more Tarot Decks.
In fact, I think I feel eBay summoning me right this very moment...

ana luisa

Reviving this thread. Just bought this deck and intend to use it as an oracle. I couldn't care less about L of A beliefs. The images are quite appealing and some are simply unique like the ones attached. I have a VERY positive feeling about them :)

Attachments

• _4.jpg
    _4.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 180
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 177

Darkmage

Mine should be arriving in the mail today. I like the art from what I've seen online, and Amazon had a used copy for cheap, and I had a gift card, so why not? If I don't like it I can always sell it.

I'm not sure if I'll use it for readings or not. I need to get it in my grubby little hands first and give it a good examination. It might just be an art deck for me--dunno yet.

Le Fanu

If I don't like it I can always sell it.
Are you sure about that? There are some decks that nobody wants })

I dig this one out periodically. I wish people wouldn't talk about the background to this deck. Generally, the more you know about something, the richer it is but I find the opposite works here.

I do still generally quite like the artwork, much as I did two years ago.

gregory

I really don't detect The Secret in this deck. I only know of it through threads here. Maybe it was in the LoS marketing material and I missed it.

But as I neither know nor care much about The Secret, I don't really detect it in the deck. Like if you don't *get* astrology (as I don't) you tend not to see it in decks.

The artwork in this is quite nice. Perhaps I like gloomy and depressing? Whipped cream doesn't bother me. The smiling, leaping dolphin does. I generally have time for random, eccentric deck choices...

I never really use it but there are some very nice cards in there and many decks I dislike more. But I do wish the artist had been used for a more readable, interesting deck
I agree with every last word. I do not buy into the Law of Attraction for one millisecond - but the card images are well OK.

How very true. I had one I simply couldn't gift away here - DV's second Angel one; in the end I gave it to my hairdresser, with no option for her to say no !

Darkmage

I dig this one out periodically. I wish people wouldn't talk about the background to this deck. Generally, the more you know about something, the richer it is but I find the opposite works here.

I do still generally quite like the artwork, much as I did two years ago.

Bahaha! I've a couple used bookstores that are ALWAYS looking for used Tarot decks, as well as a general New Age store in central Phoenix that's also always looking for used decks for resale. If they're complete and in good shape they generally don't sit on the shelf for very long even IF they command a high resale price.

It should be here in the next half hour or so.

Darkmage

SO I just got the mail, opened up the package, and OMG OMG OMG OMG. The cards were still in the original internal cellophane--they'd never been touched. I also like the magnetic slipcase and the book is also in really good condition. It looks like someone got this as a gift and never touched it.

Thanks, Goodwill of Tacoma! They said the condition was 'good' but in reality it's in 'like new' condition. I'm impressed, esp. since it got here in about three days.

So far I'm really liking the art. It reminds me of a lot of the WhiteWolf stuff from the late 90s or so. Not sure yet if I'll use it in readings. It's noon here and I'm up past my bedtime, so I can literally sleep on it. I'll go through the book in depth later. I was just checking condition at this point.

Thoughtful

Reviving this thread. Just bought this deck and intend to use it as an oracle. I couldn't care less about L of A beliefs. The images are quite appealing and some are simply unique like the ones attached. I have a VERY positive feeling about them :)

This deck looks interesting and glad you revived the thread. l have heard of the Secret but never bought the book or had the slightest interest in pursuing it. Have looked at the cards here in tarot decks and the few l have seen look most interesting, l like seeing something different in a tarot.
As you say it could easily be read as an Oracle though the few pics l have seen show me l could read it as a tarot.
Will have to google a search to see more images. 6 coins/pents has me a bit stumped, does it mean giving up the cigarettes so you have more money to be generous to others :)

Thoughtful

l think l will get this deck having looked at all the cards. If Ebay have a reasonable one for sale at a good price l will buy it. Feel its one l could happily work with.
Received your pm Ana Luisa thanks so much :thumbsup: l did reply.

ETA: well l am surprised, on Ebay the cards were quite expensive, The Book Deposit... has them nearly half price.