It's the all singing, all dancing enabling Thread #4

FLizarraga

The Illuminati is calling me; should I pick up the phone...?

I'll repeat what I said before, somewhere else: The Illuminati is the love child of Michelangelo and Gianni Versace, with Diana Vreeland as a surrogate mother.

It's tacky. It's over the top. It's... unbelievable. Buy it. You'll never be sorry.

No fat Hermit in a striped robe or pig-eyed, "Flying Nun" High Priestess here... ;)

nisaba

Illuminati

It's tacky. It's over the top. It's... unbelievable. Buy it. You'll never be sorry.

You know what? She's right. Every collection needs the comforting decks. Every collection needs the wise decks. Every collection needs the sophisticated, educated decks. Every collection needs the glamorous decks. Every collection needs the discreet, tasteful, careful, tactful decks. Every collection needs the historical decks.

And every collection *certainly* needs the mawkish, comedic, awful, tasteless, gormless and hideous decks.

How have you survived so long without it?

(How have *I* survived so long without it? :bugeyed:) Consider me enabled - by my own work!

Holly doll

I'll repeat what I said before, somewhere else: The Illuminati is the love child of Michelangelo and Gianni Versace, with Diana Vreeland as a surrogate mother.

No fat Hermit in a striped robe or pig-eyed, "Flying Nun" High Priestess here... ;)

Done! I've ordered it today! Love a bit of bad taste bling!

Thank you for the wonderful, illuminating haha input!

FLizarraga

The Illuminati

I wouldn't quite call it "tasteless, gormless and hideous," or even "bad taste bling." It's actually nice, in its own garish way.

It reminds me of a Jamaican guy I used to date. He had his front teeth capped in gold, wore gold chains as thick as my arm, see-through shirts, and had his hair cut in the shape of a Nike swoosh. Improbably --and inconceivably-- enough, he didn't just get away with all that: he rocked it! That's the Illuminati for you... :)

beginagain

I'm begining to be interested in the Book of Shadows decks. I'm a little skeptical though because the images are heavily influenced by European animals and plants, and I worry that this will make it difficult to align as I am Australian and am not physically connected with these kind of beasts. Any thoughts? I do love the Steamunk deck that Moore also wrote.

nisaba

Book of Shadows

I'm begining to be interested in the Book of Shadows decks. I'm a little skeptical though because the images are heavily influenced by European animals and plants, and I worry that this will make it difficult to align as I am Australian and am not physically connected with these kind of beasts.
We have feral rabbits. We have feral foxes. We have brumbies, camels, pigs and goats. For two centuries, our native fauna have been scratching away at foreign parasites. You *can* connect to foreign critters. In fact, Tarotically speaking, you should connect better to them than to local fauna: Tarot decks take you out of your day-to-day reality into magicspace which is a different place altogether!

So. Bang goes your excuse for not buying it.

I do love the Steamunk deck that Moore also wrote.
It's got to be better than the <mumble> Steampunk by <mumble> that I might or might not have got. As such, any objections to that one are gone, too. I'll expect you to be doing some buying!

NadaJ

I wouldn't quite call it "tasteless, gormless and hideous," or even "bad taste bling." It's actually nice, in its own garish way.

It reminds me of a Jamaican guy I used to date. He had his front teeth capped in gold, wore gold chains as thick as my arm, see-through shirts, and had his hair cut in the shape of a Nike swoosh. Improbably --and inconceivably-- enough, he didn't just get away with all that: he rocked it! That's the Illuminati for you... :)

If you had given this description 2 months ago, I would not have returned my Illuminati copy! I think about it sometimes now, it was a pretty good read, but it was so...garish. I probably would have kept it if I kept the box out of site.

beginagain

We have feral rabbits. We have feral foxes. We have brumbies, camels, pigs and goats. For two centuries, our native fauna have been scratching away at foreign parasites.

See, that's part of the problem. It's a bit hard to get spiritual over a fox when it's gnawing on a bandicoot. Sorry, am definitely not enabled on this one.