Tyldwick - Ace of Cups

BodhiSeed

Here is the beginning of the Cups suit, whose motto might be "I feel." Aces are pure potential and show us what is possible, particularly in the realm of emotions for the Cups suit. Most people generally think of relationships with this suit, but it may also include intuition and spirituality. On this image is an urn/cup with a covering over its top. It makes me think of Pandora's box - what kind of relationship will spring out if the top is taken off? There may be a chance for deep love and friendship, but heartache and betrayal is also possible. Do we choose to be vulnerable and see what happens? The design behind the urn looks similar to the sun design used in many of the cards of the Staves suit. But this one doesn't burn as brightly, and reminds me of a twinkling star in the night sky. It offers us the option to be guided by the heart instead of the head. So on the count of three, we'll lift off the lid... 1.... 2....

malpertuis.co.uk/2013

Attachments

• CupStar.jpg
    CupStar.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 344

upawell

Just a small thing

Does the star behind the cup look at all like it could be a compass rose to you?

BodhiSeed

Yes, I thought the same thing; if it's love someone's after, maybe they better check their map for directions before they sail over the edge. :p

chorphee

The pedestal is quite disturbing.

It looks like a distorded creepy face. Is this why this represents Pandora's box?

BodhiSeed

The pedestal is quite disturbing.

It looks like a distorded creepy face. Is this why this represents Pandora's box?

I think I mentioned Pandora's box because the "cup" has a top, which might mean you don't know what you're getting in a relationship until you get in it. Like a blind date with someone. :)
Perhaps the pedestal (instead of being scary) just has natural stains from being outdoors like this one:
http://www.bi-gardenantiques.com/Inventory/Urns/05632CastStoneUrnandBase.aspx

chorphee

I know I have a huge tendendy to see faces everywhere (that's my scary power) but it wouldn't be the first time that there would be a screaming or scary face on the representaiton of a Pandora's box.
http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/File:Pandora's_Box_(God_of_War).jpg

Also I though that someone who add a picture of a lion on the two of cups the way it was added should know there is a distorded face on the pedestal of his ace of cups.

And in a way it could make sense. The box is opened: the cup is what's in the box and it's out...

BodhiSeed

I know I have a huge tendendy to see faces everywhere (that's my scary power) but it wouldn't be the first time that there would be a screaming or scary face on the representaiton of a Pandora's box.
http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/File:Pandora's_Box_(God_of_War).jpg

Also I though that someone who add a picture of a lion on the two of cups the way it was added should know there is a distorded face on the pedestal of his ace of cups.

And in a way it could make sense. The box is opened: the cup is what's in the box and it's out...

Now that you mention the lion on the Two of Cups, that does resemble a lioness on the Ace! :)