starchild tarot akashic edition!

MissChiff

Mine is in California so I should get it tomorrow! Yea!

kp.

it's here! it's amazing!! i am going to try to do a you tube video so people can compare the changes to the cards from the first edition.

does anyone know how to go about starting a group/ do we need permission from admin or can we just wing it?

so excited!

KristinCali

I just placed my order!

kp.

awesome, kristin! you won't regret it. the cards are beautiful quality and the images are magical!

staticfuzz

it's here! it's amazing!! i am going to try to do a you tube video so people can compare the changes to the cards from the first edition.

does anyone know how to go about starting a group/ do we need permission from admin or can we just wing it?

so excited!

Ooh, looking forward to it! I really want to get one of these for myself, the images are so dreamy...

illyria

I was expecting only the gilded edges and changed cardbacks to be the second edition's new offerings, but SO many of the cards were changed, one can't even call it a tweak! (I mean, I consider the second-edition TWU "tweaked.") I don't follow Danielle on any of her social media platforms, so I knew nothing about the changes until I was able to lay the cards of the first and second editions side by side.

Anyway, I'm now so glad that I have both decks. The Akashic is moodier and broodier, like the older, pensive, paripatetic sister of the first edition. Of course, there are some cards I prefer in each deck, but I'm happy to say they feel different.

Each deck has its own little idionsyncrasies. In the first edition, I noticed that the title for the 8 of Swords is the only one in the deck that's not black in color. In the Akashic, the titles for The Empress and the Page of Wands (or Swords? Not sure.) seem to have been highlighted in grey. I'm wondering if there's a significance.

Citrin

If you go on YouTube and search for the user "Wild Moon Tarot" she has done a great comparison of the first edition and the Akashic edition. :)

Mariqueen

I was expecting only the gilded edges and changed cardbacks to be the second edition's new offerings, but SO many of the cards were changed, one can't even call it a tweak! (I mean, I consider the second-edition TWU "tweaked.") I don't follow Danielle on any of her social media platforms, so I knew nothing about the changes until I was able to lay the cards of the first and second editions side by side.

Anyway, I'm now so glad that I have both decks. The Akashic is moodier and broodier, like the older, pensive, paripatetic sister of the first edition. Of course, there are some cards I prefer in each deck, but I'm happy to say they feel different.

Each deck has its own little idionsyncrasies. In the first edition, I noticed that the title for the 8 of Swords is the only one in the deck that's not black in color. In the Akashic, the titles for The Empress and the Page of Wands (or Swords? Not sure.) seem to have been highlighted in grey. I'm wondering if there's a significance.

I think the highlights is due to printing error and the colors used for the background of the text isn't true #FFFFFF white, which is somewhat off putting she let something like that slide.

illyria

I think the highlights is due to printing error and the colors used for the background of the text isn't true #FFFFFF white, which is somewhat off putting she let something like that slide.

Ah. Sometimes proofing at the printer doesn't always guarantee that the end-product is flawless. But then I would think that several test decks would have been sent to Danielle for sign-off.