Celtic Cross and Hopes and Fears Placement

Tara

Is this in Dusty's basic book or the more advanced one? I'm always interested in any approach that might come close to Eden Gray's. Anthony Louis in Tarot Beyond the Basics is similar to my own way of doing the CC and gave me a couple of new ideas. I was always doubtful of Waite's reading of the seventh card as the Self because he also had a Significator which was intended to be the Querent; sounded kind of schizophrenic to me.

But I made peace between Waite and Gray by deciding that this card could show the "deepest part of the Self," what I call the "psychic basement," where all manner of self-defeating attitudes and behaviors originate (aka "fears" with a bit more to sink your teeth into when seen as a reaction to Card #6). I always keep my psychological impressions (anything "mind-related") to the "staff" side of the spread because the "cross" part I see as more about the situation itself and the timeline for its development.

Yes it is his 'Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot Ever'. Sorry I am rushing out the dorr and not got a chance to read up on your source. The book is very good I believe. He looks at the Celtic Cross in a way that is easier to understand, at least for me.

Tara