Saturn ascending

Moonklad

Hi everyone-
I have to admit that I am clueless about astrology but interested in learning more. Can anyone tell me in general what it means when Saturn is ascending? I am not certain if that is enough info.
Someone told me something like it takes saturn 29 years to return to the exact position it was when you were born and that when you are 29 years old, Saturn is ascending for you, causing many times, multiple life changes. Was this person clueless as I am??
blessings,
Moonklad

AquarianGoddess

Moonklad,

I'm not sure of your question.

Yes, everyone experiences a Saturn return at about age 29-30, although it doesn't necessarily portend bad things. I've seen many complete their Graduate degrees, get a promotion, have a baby, buy their first home, etc.

As far as Saturn rising in your chart, that means that it's very close to your ascendant and the usual interpretation for that is and old head on young shoulders (meaning you came into the world with knowledge!)

Regards,
AG

Moonklad

thanks..

I appreciate the replies and the links were very helpful Pollux. I can say without a doubt that the age of 29 was the most important year in my life thus far as far as major life changes.

I made the decision to divorce my hubby after 6 years.
I decided to move over 600 miles from the town I had lived in all my life
I met the love of my life. A man that I am now happily married to.
I changed a major belief system in my religion.
I got a brand new job.
I reunited with a friend that I had promised that I would return to some day. The single most important person in my life besides my hubby.

So all in all the person that Saturn spit out at the age of 30 was vastly different from the person that entered her 29th year unaware of the changes that could take place.
It makes more sense to me now.
thanks alot!
blessings,
Moonklad

Keslynn

Moonklad, glad you found good information here, and we hope you will continue to enjoy. :) If you would like to know more information about the influences of the other planets and astrology in general, there are some other threads further below with some book and website recommendations. Let me see if I can find it for you...

Here tis:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4998

Astrology is admittedly very complicated, but I'm enjoying learning. I just started in earnest earlier this month.

:) Kes

(Edited to add the link.)

Minderwiz

Hi Moonklad,

I too have Saturn Ascending, as you will see if you read some of the threads below.

As AG says that means that it is near to your Ascendant. However it occured to me that you might not be clear what the Ascendant is. It is the degree of the zodiac that is just on the Eastern Horizon at the time of your birth - it is just coming into the light at the time of your birth.

Along with your Sun sign (the one that you look for in newspaper horoscope columns) and your Moon sign (the degree of the zodiac where the Moon was at your time of birth) it is one of the three important positions in your horoscope.

If you have Saturn rising then Saturn had either just risen above the Eastern horizon when you were born (which is the case with me) or was just about to.

The Saturn cycle is seen by many Astrologers as signalling the main stages in your life - arguably the Saturn return, around the age of 29, marks the true transition into adulthood. If you are interested in books on Saturn and the Saturn cycle there is a good one called Saturn in Transit by Erin Sullivan and another called Saturn, A New Look At An Old Devil - by Liz Greene. Both of them draw heavily on myth and psychology.

Minderwiz