03/02 The Moon

galadrial

This was one of the cards available for view before buying the deck that swayed me to decide to buy it. I feel as though I'm sitting across from him and that he is about to tell a hypnotic story that will change the way I view reality. He tells this story to everyone, but how it affects them varies. The little white person on the table could be all that is left of someone who got lost in a nightmare and never found his way out. But other people listen to him and are inspired; Edward Gorey came up with "The Gashlycrumb Tinies" (take a quiz to find out which horrible Edward Gorey death you will succumb to at: http://quizilla.com/users/redshoecult/quizzes/What horrible Edward Gorey Death will you die?/ ), Edward Lear with "A Book of Nonsense", Salvatore Dali and Vincent Van Gogh with masterpieces. Or perhaps, like Edwood P. Dowd of "Harvey", Mr. Moon will enable you to see the magic in everyday life that others are oblivious to. Dowd: (to the Psychologist), "Well, I've wrestled with reality for thirty-five years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it."
So, if I find myself sitting across from this Moon man I'll listen attentively to what he says, because sunlight is easier to look upon when reflected off the Moon, and sometimes fairytales, dreams and fantasies can lend a deeper meaning to daily life than the newspaper or CNN.

lark

Your take on the Moon card is great!

He reminds me of a lounge singer.
Used to staying up all night.
Singing a repertoire of old love songs.
The moon prominently featured in all of them.

He can drink anyone under the table.
He has a high tolerance for the booze.
Although he doesn't drink much.

His set is over, it's near dawn and he's having a little night cap before heading home.
He likes to sit back and observe.
Everybody knows his name and think they know him, but he's secretive and quiet.

He lives his life in a rhythm, a cycle, that never changes.
Once long ago he could have been something more... a star.
But he's satisfied with the way things are.
Happy, as long as the bar is dimly lite and no one can see the real you.

***By the way I'm going to be smothered under a rug according to my quiz score. I'm G for George.
I seem to be a tad bit anti-social...
And I should lighten up by making a few prank phone calls.
Love Gorey thanks for the link....

galadrial

That's lovely lark, and fits the card perfectly. In fact I can hear him singing, "It's only a paper Moon, sailing over a cardboard sea, but it wouldn't be make believe if you believed in me."
And LOL, I got smothered under the rug as well!