New Finds

EvaSegovia

I thought I'd throw out 2 new (to me anyway) stones I've recently come across and bought. The first is Libyan Desert Glass - a soft and gentle yellow. Wonderful as a third chakra stone if you're using a rose quartz (another soft and gentle stone) on the heart. The second is Gobi Desert Agate - again a soft and gentle stone. Very peaceful. I think one of the reasons I'm drawn to these desert stones is because they've been so naturally and beautifully polished over the millennia. I wish I could offer you photos, but this IPhone and cheap plan don't get me far. You'll have to google... Libyan Desert Glass is particularly interesting. I bought both pieces on eBay, but I'd stay away from the faceted stones as they're so easy to mislabel. I would LOVE to hear about any new finds you all have made. So exciting!

EvaSegovia

Sadly, my thread has died ;( That's life... But in case anyone's interested, I have 2 new finds (which I don't own yet) Green Inner Mongolian Quartz and dark blue fluorite (a new discovery in the gem world -- VERY expensive, but WAY cool)

Redfaery

I've fallen in love with quartz all over again. I used to shy away from it. After all, it's so generic, right??? Well, I was wrong. I've found myself acquiring all sorts of different kinds of it!

theFeeLion

Hey EvaSegovia! :love:

I looked up your new stones and they all look pretty interesting! I especially like the look of the dark blue fluorite :D

About 3 weeks ago I got myself a nice vivid purple sugilite, a deep blue/indigo sodalite, and a piece of black merlinite that looks kinda like a dogs head :D

Then went to a spiritual expo on the weekend and found a really pretty piece of blue/purple peacock ore :D I remember seeing some of this when I was a kid and thinking it was it awesome but I never got any for myself until now. So I'm really happy to finally have some! :D

EvaSegovia

Hey Redfaery! Quartz seems to be coming into my life again as well! Just bought myself a lovely crystal ball (about 2" in size is all I can afford right now :) But it's BEAUTIFUL. If you don't mind my asking, what sorts of different kinds?

EvaSegovia

Hey FeeLion! I'm familiar with the other stones you mentioned, but the black merlinite is definitely a new find for me! I think it's awesome that your piece looks like a dog's head! I'm off to look it up right now...

EvaSegovia

Oooooo... The Merlinite is awesome!!! Of course, from there I went on to Mystic Merlinite, then Shattuckite... This earth is SO incredibly beautiful....

theFeeLion

Oooooo... The Merlinite is awesome!!! Of course, from there I went on to Mystic Merlinite, then Shattuckite... This earth is SO incredibly beautiful....

Yeah the Merlinite is pretty cool (so that Shattuckite!), although it wasn't something I picked out myself, it kinda picked me. When I bought the Sugilite and Sodalite and the woman at the counter asked me if I had seen the Merlinite. She went on to say she had been nudged to point it out to me so I had a look at the little bowl of Merlinite stones and saw a piece I liked. It kept jumping out of my fingers and the lady said "oh, looks like it's already charged!" So I thought "it must be Fate" added to my purchases that day and haven't looked back :D

Do you get your stones from online or stores near you?

Redfaery

Hey Redfaery! Quartz seems to be coming into my life again as well! Just bought myself a lovely crystal ball (about 2" in size is all I can afford right now :) But it's BEAUTIFUL. If you don't mind my asking, what sorts of different kinds?
I've got some beautiful Himalayan quartzes, a couple of Lemurians, and I've fallen in love with Aura quartz. I swore to myself I'd never fall for the "weird" quartzes, but oops, I have! I even have a little bitty white spirit quartz.

EvaSegovia

Chuckle... I've stayed away from the Aura Quartz myself... Never say never...