Cards can also mean people? (NOT lady and gentleman)

Migdal93

So I've been reading the lenormand for a few months now and noticed a trend - sometimes when I ask about my day the fox shows up. And in those days, I'm always with my mom, solving problems, doing chores, that kind of thing. So I'm starting to think that when I do readings for myself, the fox is usually going to mean my mother (she embodies the good sides of the fox - smart, cunning, knows how to work her way around things, resourceful), but I wonder if that's possible? Because this would be a "deviation" from the rules (I tend to use the french school).

snowmoon

So I've been reading the lenormand for a few months now and noticed a trend - sometimes when I ask about my day the fox shows up. And in those days, I'm always with my mom, solving problems, doing chores, that kind of thing. So I'm starting to think that when I do readings for myself, the fox is usually going to mean my mother (she embodies the good sides of the fox - smart, cunning, knows how to work her way around things, resourceful), but I wonder if that's possible? Because this would be a "deviation" from the rules (I tend to use the french school).

hi, yes, some cards can mean people,

i use bear as mother, some people use it as father.

DownUnderNZer

Cards like "Fox" can describe a person like being intelligent, clever, a hard worker or if looking at nouns a police officer or detective. It is not always a "negative card" and depends on what is asked really or what lies around it.

So, maybe it is "describing" people during your day.

There are other cards than suggest people like "Bouquet" in the German system which refers to a younger female usually older than 13 or younger energy, Rider in both the German and French as a "new comer", and the popular yet not so popular Snake (other woman/rival) in both the German and French yet in the French I find she is not looked at in such a heavy way like the German system. I have actually heard one German Traditional reader refer to the SNAKE as from the "belly of the mother" and kind of spat at it in distaste so I knew it was not something good.

Dog is a person too or soul mate.

Bear is Mother/Female figure in the German system and Father/Male figure in the French.

Owls is an older couple in the German system even twins and Lily is referring to old or mature in the French.

So, YES there are other cards that can refer to other PEOPLE or at least DESCRIBES a person/people.

DND :)

Migdal93

Thank you both snowmoon and DND! I guess then that the fox describes the good qualities of my mother and because of that when I ask especifically about my day it's probably going to mean her :)

Tag_jorrit

There are lots of possibilities for 'people' cards and this is where the playing cards inserts enter in, sometimes. I have had Clouds be a person -- the Cloud King described a person who had a pessimistic outlook and influence on a situation. Bouquet is another one. . It's all in the context of the questions. Snake. also a queen, can be a woman who's a lover, or just a person who may be part of a situation who wears glasses. Lots of possibilities

celticnoodle

I was using "Bear" to represent my mother when I would do readings for myself, but realized that she often came up as the Snake instead. So, now when I see the Snake, I check out the other cards and think of it as being my mother.

There are many cards that can be representing people. Lily is generally an older man, according to most books, but I have also seen it represent an older person that was female. So now I can't help but to see it just for a senior. The rider can often represent a male--someone well dressed and good looking. there are others too, of course, including the dog card, which is often a very good friend.

the best way to also figure out if it is a person is to use a deck that includes the playing card insert. You'll find the King, Queens and Jacks are generally representing people in your life.

Migdal93

Thanks a lot Tag jorrit and celticnoodle! The playing card inserts tip is a really good one - I have to remind myself that I can use my cartomancy knowledge to lenormand!