Rohrig Study - Threes

darwinia

Another week, where does the time go?

I hum the song "Waiting for the Rainbow Warrior" by Buggles and feel the crushing blackness of an empty room. I pull language from inverted stars, it is my only company. I rip blackness from the universe and contemplate the pulsating field of energy generated by words even though they sit apart. I rend fabric of time, looping, looping toward the sanctity of the now continuum.

We are at the three, the three in one, the one in three, the tangled trinity, cold in darkness waiting for the illuminata to sift and soothe...too much William Blake does this to you (and don't forget to join that study group all the people who said "I'm in!" You may be in, but the universe has imploded and we are unable to reach your thoughtwaves without the physical manifestation of your words.)

3 of Wands

I love the way Rohrig uses highways and roads throughout this deck. We should count them one day when the rotational pull of the blue cluster stops.

The highway has a solid line--no passing, as if nothing will interfere with the journey and his resolve to journey onward. Rohrig also has mountains and water similar to the R-W card, but those feathers glowing and fanning out like possibilities and beauteous hope are neat.

I had some trouble with the actual keyword of "Virtue" attached to this. The Latin "virtus" means manliness, strength, or bravery. Not exactly what I think of with this card. Perhaps it's just a matter of facing up to what's ahead of you with resolve and strength, in which case the imagery evokes that. The LWB uses the phrase "channeled energy leads to success" which I liked. All his highways channel the eye it seems, and here he has that solid line shimmering.

The number 3 itself is filled with two black and white patterns of stripes and circles. I like the way he highlights things in black and white--like the checkered patterns throughout the deck. Whether it means anything or is simply a way to tie in the colours for the artistic theme is unknown to me, but I like it. Blue, black, white, purple, gold--wonderful colours.

3 of Cups

This is a lovely card--2 filled cups and the patterned number 3 hovering over the empty cup ready to fill it. A waterfall and radiating light.

The pattern in the rock at the left reminded me of a fossilized bird, perhaps meaning that abundance should be enjoyed while we are alive. Or letting your love and joy flow freely and not be calcified and rigid like fossilized remains lest you remain oblivious to life around you.

Also, the fill patterns in the cups are slightly different, but harmonized with colour as if to say that abundance has different patterns or faces and it's what you make of that or how you see life that counts. Like what pictures you see in the rock--like looking at clouds and stars--it's what you choose to behold.

3 of Swords

This guy looks overwhelmed by defeat and darkness, swallowed up by shadow and sorrow. That looks like a door or wooden cover over a grid, and beyond the stars and a glowing light. It looms large but seems pretty battered.

What to do? Climb up and out, maybe un-wedge it or nudge it open a crack and get out? Those paving stones seems to go under there, so there is something on the other side.

If that guy would look up and around he might find a way out and see that there's something on the other side. He is defeated because he is looking down at his shoes and they aren't running shoes with textured soles, they're slippery-soled leather loafers. He hasn't even tucked a penny in the flap for heaven's sake. Jeez, whose fault is that?

3 of Disks

Too bad they painted a loincloth on the figure in the North Americian deck. Lunacy.

Sprockets, metal plates, metal mesh and a man holding a huge ball. It looks almost like a gold nugget with clay molded or sculpted over it. Is he holding it up as a burden or offering it up as a sample of his work? Maybe he's an alchemist who has taken a piece of sculpted clay and turned it into gold? Gold to match the stars in the sky, his offering to the Universe?

I don't immediately get the classic meaning of master craftsman, but as I ponder it I rather like it. Making, doing, strength in action, the gift, your art.

Little Baron

Hi Freesiaskye

Just to let you know, I will study these cards and post this weekend. Got a bit of a hectic day today workwise.

Just wanted you to know that I hadnt forgotten and will get back to you asap

Best wishes

Yaboot

divinerguy

3/Wands

I know this one is "out there" but please bear with me. On an intuitive basis, the huge flower reminds me very much of a Georgia O'Keefe painting, with all of its genital symbology. Here are a couple of links which will help explain the point.

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/biology/b103/f97/projects97/Davis.html
http://www.southbend.tech.purdue.edu/arthistory/Modern/modernist_image12.html

I see the card as a person traveling down a hot road, trying to re-enter the womb, with the entrance being far off and like a mirage, too ephemeral to experience in reality. The gift of this card is a journey to wondrous sights and places.

2/Cups

I see the abundance in this card, and for me, it is also a refreshing abundance. One which cleanses the soul as well as nourishing the body. I can see myself bathing in it, and becoming renewed. On the shadow side, water can be cold and can overwhelm those who are not cautious, even destroying the intended beneficiary.

3/Swords

I read this card in a reading a few days ago, and its as grim and unforgiving as ever, barring the way to the light and freshness of the outdoors. The card also presents the gift of protection, shielding us from the dangers which can exist beyond the great door.

3/Disks

Burden, heavy but still manageable. The two disks on either side of the burden represent the willingness of friends to help with the load. The third disk represents the shadow side of the card. the person who adds to your burden.

Little Baron

3 Wands

My interpretations seem a bit off-track in comparison to you twos but I will go with them anyway.

I see the Three of Wands as being very calm, but there is an underlying energy for me. It seems as if everything could be too perfect. It seems like the end of the road. I can see the possitivity in the colours and they are calming but the road only seems to lead to the water. Is the water a moving on point emotionally; or will it carry this guy to his death?
The strong part of this card for me, is balance because there is obviously no symetry in the wands positioning; therefore, visually, the balance is off to me.
If the water is not beckoning this guy to move on, then I feel that the flower is offering him some kind of option and taking him to another place. It's like giving birth to a new thought you had never considered, changing your life around in an instant. He looks very insistant that the move that he is making is the right one.

I havnt read the LWB so this is all intuition based. I hope I comunicated ok, as sometimes I find it hard to put these feelings into words.

Best wishes

Yaboot

Little Baron

Rohrig 3's

I never saw the idea of the fosil but I can now! I like the analogy that you gave as well.

The thing that strikes me about the 2 of Cups is the one that is not filled. Maybe it suggests that someone is not recieving enough love or that they are soon to gain it. It seems as the water rushes beneath it that maybe they are not open to the flow of love that is offered to them.

When I see the 3 of Swords, I can see the light behind and that is comforting in such a dark card. I am also drawn to the gap at the bottom. A way out that he could fit through but hasnt worked it out, due to the oppresive size of what is infront of him. The large black shadow also seems to point in that direction as a clue. This card reminds me of trying to suss out a problem in Tomb Raider LOL - I suggest 'jump and grab', 'a side roll' underneath or a swing on the rope that is maybe castling that long shadow. Anywhere has got to be better so maybe it is time to look for the best way out of this sorrowful situation. It seems to be right under his nose.

Little Baron

Does anybody see the connection with the Empress 3 in this deck? At the moment, I do not, but just wondered if you had any revelations around this?

Yaboot

darwinia

Re: Rohrig 3's

Yaboot001 said:
This card reminds me of trying to suss out a problem in Tomb Raider LOL - I suggest 'jump and grab', 'a side roll' underneath or a swing on the rope that is maybe castling that long shadow. Anywhere has got to be better so maybe it is time to look for the best way out of this sorrowful situation. It seems to be right under his nose.

Hey, you're right! The old Side Roll ploy. Watch your braid doesn't get caught. I also liked what Divinerguy said about possible dangers on the other side of the door.

This is why I love it when other people contribute, there's always something else you haven't considered.

As far as the unfilled cup in the middle, I hadn't thought of the sorrowful part of that, I just saw the possibility of it being filled since the number above it had a fill. (I've been trained by the paint bucket icon in graphics programs to see that fill in the icon and that 3 looked very icon-ish to me)

The Empress? I generally don't correlate numbered cards with ones from the Majors. I know you can draw a straight connection of 3 and 3 or you can use numerology to add numbers and draw connections but I don't do that, I feel our brains get in the way with numbered associations like that. The left side of the brain loves its numbered tie-in, but for me, it interferes and adds extraneous associations. Other people love it for this same reason because it gives them a wider scope!

I just do what I want and peacefully acknowledge that others do it differently. If it gets you to think independently and originally, that's fine with me, if it ties you up in knots of correctness and rigid definition then I think it a useless association.

Little Baron

Re: Re: Rohrig 3's

I also liked what Divinerguy said about possible dangers on the other side of the door.

To me, and probably me only, I see the guy as casting a shadow behind him. If that is so, then is that somebody elses from behind the door. You may never know! It reminds me of how people are so tense standing behind the screen on those 'blind date' type programes, not quite sure what they are going to get when the screen goes back (I am full of wonderfully tacky similies tonight, arn't I - first Lara Croft and now, Blind Date).

I definitely see this as having some positive imput though as an outcome, due to the light behind the grid. It could also be a warning at the start of an endeavour; advice to keep a look out for what may not be so visually obvious.

Best wishes

Yaboot

**Havn't forgotten the fours, will be on to them soon**

Little Baron

The door on the 3 of Swords also shows some neglect; the grafitti on it, rather than the nice handwriting on other cards. This grafitti reminds me of wandering into a threatening neighbourhood - even though the handwriting/font does not look particularly threatening. Also reminds me of the Berlin Wall.

Just another thought.

Yaboot