Help with symbolism in a dream??

Jude

So I am not really sure if I am posting this in the right place? I have been having incredibly clear dreams lately...last nights dream I just can't shake:/
I know a little about astrology and symbolism....but honestly not enough to interpret it...and I honestly find it odd that I would dream of it.
In this dream I was underground with a man. We were hiding from a very real threat outside. There were people that meant to do us harm....we could see them swarming us...surrounding us through a small tunnel like peep hole.
I felt very very safe and protected by this man. He was teaching me how to protect myself, and I had an unspoken understanding that he meant to keep me alive. That he loved me and would die for me.
The dream alternated between scenes of us being on guard...and lying together in the dark. He held me close....I had my hand on his chest. I fixated on a symbol on his chest that appeared as a cursive M with a closed loop. I initially mistook this for the Scorpio symbol....but in researching it this morning discovered that it was instead very clearly the symbol for Virgo.
Above the M on his chest was a tiny star located on his neck. I felt that I had known this man forever and that I had seen this symbol over and over and over:/

I am not sure why it is bothering me so much and why I can't shake the image. In the dream he had to exit the bunker to protect us from the outside. I was left by myself and shortly after had to defend against an intruder. I knew what to do because he had taught me. I defended myself and awaited his return.

I would love to hear thoughts on this as I am clueless when it comes to symbolism and even more so when it comes to dream symbolism. I know that I awoke with the thought that I had to find him, as well as the odd assurance that he was already here? That he was always here and would always be?

Thank you:) And any thoughts are welcome!! It's driving me a little nutty:)

Clovergirl

I, unfortunately, do not know much about dream symbolism. When reading your post, I felt like it could be your spirit guide or an angel. Maybe letting you know he is with you. He has your back, but you are also capable yourself. Just a thought.

EmpressArwen

I, unfortunately, do not know much about dream symbolism. When reading your post, I felt like it could be your spirit guide or an angel. Maybe letting you know he is with you. Just a thought.

I actually had the exact same feeling...that this is your angel or spirit guide showing you that he is there protecting you and even more so, he is making sure you have the tools needed to protect yourself.

Bonny

Hi Jude,

What a sacred and loving dream!!

Thought I would chime in with some questions and reflections in case it helps...

To me the feelings are a central way of detecting the gift in a dream. Repeatedly you say that you felt 'very, very' safe and 'protected' and 'loved' (for a long time), familiarity and closeness/intimacy with what came through to you. This is beautiful! It is not just a massive symbol or message of being loved/supported! There is such sweet infinite tenderness in it. Just amazing! Knowing the nature of this love exists for you, with you, around you, how does that make you feel - in life and in the world? What would it lead you to emotionally, relationally?

The setting or the context of the dream seems to be the unborn or the unconscious dwelling space of your psyche (underground). So, that would naturally be a great mystery for you, no wonder it has your attention and makes you feel 'nutty':)
... and what a precious revelation it yields to you! There seems to be light being shone on the essence of your self at the deepest levels. Sacred...

There is a masculinity that is very specific in the encounter. This is expressed also in the protection and 'fighting for' you that took place. From archetypes we know this is what the knights did and the essence of the male in western culture through the holy grail etc etc. Have there been questions your sense of self or place in the world arising in you of late? Where would an ever-present experience of masculine gentleness and love lead you?

Just my suggestions/contribution...Soak in the energy of this dream. Wonderful!

Blessings,

B :)

Jude

I, unfortunately, do not know much about dream symbolism. When reading your post, I felt like it could be your spirit guide or an angel. Maybe letting you know he is with you. He has your back, but you are also capable yourself. Just a thought.

Oddly I had the same exact conclusion driving home! I suddenly knew!!! He has always been with me because he is my light...my love... My guide! Thank you so much for your response:) it affirmed things for me:)

Jude

I actually had the exact same feeling...that this is your angel or spirit guide showing you that he is there protecting you and even more so, he is making sure you have the tools needed to protect yourself.

Thank you Empress:) I love double affirmation:) and he has given me every tool I need since I was little;)

Jude

Hi Jude,

What a sacred and loving dream!!

Thought I would chime in with some questions and reflections in case it helps...

To me the feelings are a central way of detecting the gift in a dream. Repeatedly you say that you felt 'very, very' safe and 'protected' and 'loved' (for a long time), familiarity and closeness/intimacy with what came through to you. This is beautiful! It is not just a massive symbol or message of being loved/supported! There is such sweet infinite tenderness in it. Just amazing! Knowing the nature of this love exists for you, with you, around you, how does that make you feel - in life and in the world? What would it lead you to emotionally, relationally?

The setting or the context of the dream seems to be the unborn or the unconscious dwelling space of your psyche (underground). So, that would naturally be a great mystery for you, no wonder it has your attention and makes you feel 'nutty':)
... and what a precious revelation it yields to you! There seems to be light being shone on the essence of your self at the deepest levels. Sacred...

There is a masculinity that is very specific in the encounter. This is expressed also in the protection and 'fighting for' you that took place. From archetypes we know this is what the knights did and the essence of the male in western culture through the holy grail etc etc. Have there been questions your sense of self or place in the world arising in you of late? Where would an ever-present experience of masculine gentleness and love lead you?

Just my suggestions/contribution...Soak in the energy of this dream. Wonderful!

Blessings,

B :)

Thank you Bonny:) you made me remember and also reflect:)
I have felt a sort of discard by someone I loved very much:( initially I thought maybe this was just a reflection of what I think I need...but after reading your post you made me think of a memory I haven't reflected on for some time :)
When I was little I had a vision, I call it a vision because I don't remember sleeping? I was lying in the dark and I saw an image of a man hovering above me...initially this scared me because in that time of my life I was often afraid at night. I saw people in my room. They often stood at the foot if my bed and tried to communicate with me....this man came to be lying above me in a rather intimate position (at the time I didn't know this was a missionary position...I was 7 or 8) but I remember very clearly him saying to me..." I love you. I've always loved you. I can't be with you in this life.... But I promise I am sending you someone who can . He will protect you for me until you can come back to me." Thank you for rousing that memory Bonny:):)