Help with some a dream interpretation...

starburst_au

Hey All,

Seeing as I don't have many dreams, or rather
I don't remember many. I thought I'd ask
If anyone had any thoughts or suggestions for me.

So the dream started with me (my body) with a lifting up feeling and then it felt like
Then I was like "pulled" it felt like I was falling into the dream... During the "falling" feeling I was very aware that it was all black. It didn't feel negative when I was falling...
Anyway when I "arrived" there was a door and I had a sense that I had a choice to walk through the door if I wanted to but I was apprehensive. So I pushed the door open and I was presented with an older hospital style setting. Kind of like a world war 2 hospital and there were lots of injured people in bed and doctors and nurses rushing around helping the injured.
I remember feeling really anxious, and overwhelmed and felt like I was having a panic attack. Which was strange as I don't suffer from anxiety or panick attacks... Anyways while I was having this panic attack feeling in the dream, I had this overwhelming intuitive "knowing" feeling that I was there to find a person I know (a guy that I had been involved with in the past) So I was frantically searching for him, as I thought he may have died...
In that moment the dream abruptly stopped! And it felt like someone was asking me, did I really want to find this guy amongst all the chaos. Whomever was asking me, I was like YES!!!! I want to find him and see if he is ok.

Then the dream kind of started over ground hog style, the falling in darkness then
Presented with the door, however second time around all the anxiety was gone, and I was really focused and knew where to find this guy.
I found this guy, and noticed that his legs had been amputated.
And he was in this really awkward location... Which was like a makeshift bed attached to a sink! It was really weird! I remember chatting to this guy asking him if he was ok and if there was anything I could do for him. He was cracking a few jokes making light of the situation.
In that moment I felt an overwhelming sense of appreciation and love from this guy, that I had found him and came to visit him amongst the chaos. I was holding his hand and stroking his hair telling him he would be ok. Then the guy informed me that he was going in for surgery and he thought that he wouldn't survive the surgery. I got really upset and cried and so did he. I'm feeling a bit sad, recalling that bit now!

Anyways he was taken away to surgery and I saw this HUGE doctor working on him and a 3-4 nurses assisting with the operation.

I kind of got the sense that he was going to be ok, and he would survive the surgery. I wanted to leave the hospital at that point. I didn't feel that I needed to stay around and wait for him to wake up. And he would be ok. Then a nurse came over to me and said he is going to me fine and she put her arm around me and guided me out the door. Back to where the dream started.
from.

----
Dream aside, I think there are a few things happening for me here that are trickling form my subconscious, I'm at a stage in my life where this other guy from my past (who I still interact with spasmodically) no longer really serves any purpose. I'm thinking that I should really start to finish things up with him. However, I'm obviously feeling a little reluctant to do this.

But, I'm feeling in a very empowered place that I can present this guy from my past
With what I specifically want, and if he doesn't agree or wants to be immature about me voicing my "wants and needs" well I'm not feeling that scared to walk away.

So I'm wondering if the dream was just a confirmation that the situation that I find myself in with the guy from my past, who does causes me anxiety (well the situation bubbles away but doesn't where) is just a reminder that I'm quite capable of telling this guy how I feel, in person and not being afraid to walk away, if He isn't willing to meet me half way.

I think the amputated legs and the guy being operated was the guy losing his "powere, control and pull" that he has had on me for years. I was seeing him in a different light and he was "powerless"in his situation, as it was my choice to visit him....

So now back to you peeps .... Any suggestions of if anyone can tease a few things from that dream?

Thanks
SB

starburst_au

Absolutely nothing peeps?

danieljuk

sorry for the delay starburst, I haven't had time this week to go through really complex things to interpret :)

this is my take on it...

in the beginning of the dream you are forced to the place with the door, you fall and are pulled, you are forced to a place to make a decision. go through the door or not? doors as a symbol, symbolise new opportunities. Are you faced in your life with a decision currently or moving to a new stage? Maybe the door is in between worlds. You go through the door and so you welcome new things and going inside represents inner discovery.

On to the world war old hospital, my out there idea about this is that could this be a spiritual world, you went back in the past to witness something. or perhaps it's a symbol about you need healing or rest time. Could you need healing from something or someone in the past? I know you said about the past guy but is there a emotional difficulty about him?

The dream repeated and you felt less anxious and you found the guy (in a difficult place, he was hard to find) and he had surgery. Surgery is literally cutting something out (or off)! These are all emotional and about decisions or paths you need to decide on. I get a sense in the dream of a loss of control by you!

The entry on dream moods about legs is really fascinating about your dream....

To dream that your leg is broken, wounded or crippled signifies a lack of balance, autonomy, or independence in your life. You may be unable or unwilling to stand up for yourself. Perhaps you are lacking courage and refuse to make a stand. If you dream that someone has one leg, then it refers to some sort of failing relationship.
I think sadly you need to leave someone behind in your life and move on, it's causing you feel out of control! the control and choice you do have is to move on and to new people :) hope that helps!

starburst_au

sorry for the delay starburst, I haven't had time this week to go through really complex things to interpret :)

this is my take on it...

in the beginning of the dream you are forced to the place with the door, you fall and are pulled, you are forced to a place to make a decision. go through the door or not? doors as a symbol, symbolise new opportunities. Are you faced in your life with a decision currently or moving to a new stage? Maybe the door is in between worlds. You go through the door and so you welcome new things and going inside represents inner discovery.

On to the world war old hospital, my out there idea about this is that could this be a spiritual world, you went back in the past to witness something. or perhaps it's a symbol about you need healing or rest time. Could you need healing from something or someone in the past? I know you said about the past guy but is there a emotional difficulty about him?

The dream repeated and you felt less anxious and you found the guy (in a difficult place, he was hard to find) and he had surgery. Surgery is literally cutting something out (or off)! These are all emotional and about decisions or paths you need to decide on. I get a sense in the dream of a loss of control by you!

The entry on dream moods about legs is really fascinating about your dream....

I think sadly you need to leave someone behind in your life and move on, it's causing you feel out of control! the control and choice you do have is to move on and to new people :) hope that helps!

---
Thank you for your insight, Also sorry about the delay with your feedback. I had been meaning to write feedback, but have been side tracked. So apologies for that.

I think you're right about the door, being presented with decisions. As I've been in a reflective mood recently, this resonated with me a lot! New opportunities and inner discovery for sure. I'm finding that i'm having more 'inner' courage to move forward.

There is a healing aspect to the dream, i did get that sense from the actual dream, and your interpretation has also made me reflect on a few points.

Regarding the guy that I had the dream about - yeah he is chaotic in nature and does make me feel unbalanced and my sense of 'power' I feel is always questioned. However, I am moving away from this situation, even if it's in baby steps.

And yes, i do very much need to move on from this guy! I liked how you mentioned the surgery, and cutting things off... and needing to do so... Makes a lot of sense to me.

Thanks for taking the time out to look at my strange dream!

Cheers,
SB

SweetSiren

I really love this dream, first off. Very cool.

What I find interesting is that at first you go into this hospital with a faint idea that you're searching for someone. You're not sure though. You felt anxious and lost in the chaos. You are then brought back to a place away from the chaos and confronted with your desire. Are you sure? When you respond with a resounding yes, you go back into the hospital without much bother about the chaos around you.

I don't know if the lesson in this dream resonates with you, but perhaps it's a subtle reminder to make your missions clear, to get in touch with your desires and don't be afraid to be drawn by them. It is only when you squared away what you desired that the anxiety vanished.

You talk about this guy from your past, and with relationships.. there are a lot of feelings that confuse us. Should we stay? Should we go? Maybe take the time to define what you really want in a relationship without any thoughts to how things are/ limitations you may think there are (allow yourself to dream a bit). How does this person from your past compare? Are there parts of him that allow you to see this dream realized, or does he take you farther away from this desired relationship? It can be hard to be honest with ourselves with things like this because of all those feelings of attachment, but I think that's the direction your healing is asking you to go. Maybe you realize it's him that you desire. Maybe you find that you love him no matter what. In that case, be at peace with the fact that you do love him, nothing can take the love you feel away. If he doesn't see it, accept that. Allow him to be carried away. Maybe there are parts of him he needs to heal, and unfortunately the role you play in his life is no longer needed. In this dream, you were ok with that because you felt he would make it. Maybe you're showing yourself that you don't need to be by his side to love him or to "fix" him. What needs "fixed" about him is beyond your repertoire. Maybe this dream is also telling you to confront the limitations you have within this relationship.