Effects on Tarot Readers

Disa

Cynthia, I'm wondering if it's only online readings where you are feeling drained after a reading or if it's during face to face ones, as well?

The online ones leave me drained only because of typing up and attaching pictures and all of the particulars that go along with sending the reading, not from the reading itself.

The face to face ones do not leave me drained.

As readers, we should be the conduits through which the energy flows, as opposed to actually using our own energy. However, if you are fairly new to reading and still getting your bearings, it's possible you are just exerting mental energy as you try to bring everything all together.

After readings I generally feel more energized, not less. Remember to drink a lot of water. Take deep breaths, let the energy flow. Don't "think" too much. Enjoy the process.

Thoughtful

l love doing face to face readings, like others have said l feel energised and happy. l also like doing readings on line but l do find them tiring and can only do a few at a time. Its the proof reading part that is the issue for me, having typed out the reading you have to go back and make sure all is correct spelling wise, l get a headache if l do too many.

Cynthia_H

I should say that I only read online. I have also heard of others feeling tired afterwards but that has never been the case for me.

Of course, in online reading you DO have the luxury to stopping anytime you feel tired at all, walking away and doing your thing, then coming back and picking up where you left off when the mood strikes you.

I purposely allow for this by leaving myself about double the time to do a reading that I expect it to take. That way usually people get it early. But if I do feel any tiredness I CAN still stop and rest. My readings are also very long to do.

That said, after a reading I feel in a meditative kind of state. Super relaxed and in tune with life and the energies around me. Calm, happy, connected, full of hope and optimism. In love with life. Really it's pretty therapeutic for me to read for someone. That and strangely enough, ALWAYS the question someone asks me is also relative to my own life. It's just uncanny how this always happens!

So as I help them find answers to their questions, I always find some answers for myself as well. :grin:

Babs

Hey Babs - I can relate, I too only have read on-line and while I do find they take a lot of energy from me, while I am doing the reading I too get in the flow which I like a lot....cheers, Cynthia

Cynthia_H

Cynthia, I'm wondering if it's only online readings where you are feeling drained after a reading or if it's during face to face ones, as well?

The online ones leave me drained only because of typing up and attaching pictures and all of the particulars that go along with sending the reading, not from the reading itself.

The face to face ones do not leave me drained.

As readers, we should be the conduits through which the energy flows, as opposed to actually using our own energy. However, if you are fairly new to reading and still getting your bearings, it's possible you are just exerting mental energy as you try to bring everything all together.

After readings I generally feel more energized, not less. Remember to drink a lot of water. Take deep breaths, let the energy flow. Don't "think" too much. Enjoy the process.

Hey Disa: Thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to use them.

I have only done on-line readings and what I take away from some of the good folks responses is that on-line and face-to-face readings can be very different experiences with different energy. Right now, I don't have the confidence nor IMHO the skills for face-to-face, so I stay on this forum which as a learning forum is OK with my lack of skills and experience. Cheers, Cynthia.

Trogon

On revisiting this thread, just now, something occurred to me. I think I would alter my answer just a little bit. I feel that the energies around a reading can make a difference to how I feel afterwords. For example, if I do a reading with a positive or exciting outcome (say a new baby for a couple, or that the person asking about traveling gets one saying how exciting it all will be), those readings usually leave me feeling more energized and "up". OTOH, a reading that is deeper, say with big lessons for the person to learn, or big issues to overcome (such as a reading about a phobia, or one that opens things about past traumas) ... those can leave me feeling more drained and in need of a break.