Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 307 : June 17 - June 23

RiverRunsDeep

Enjoying my week with Robin Wood, using it mainly for the Sacred Days of Midsummer group reading. Though the deck seems a little goofy and outdated to me at this point, I can't help loving it for nostalgic reasons. I have owned it for a couple of decades, the cards are well used, many of them bent or creased. Plus, this was the first deck I purchased as a RWS clone. I remember being so happy to find an RWS deck without having to deal with the ugly RWS images. :D

Haven't used the Sea Whispers oracle yet, since I still need to find where I put it. :eek:

page of ghosts

I'm feeling called out by the Deviant Moon this week - called out on my misguided nostalgia, called out on overobsessing over things that I should leave behind, called out on starting projects in the heat of spontanity that I don't know if I'll see through. Not in a bad way though! Sometimes it's good for you to get kicked in the behind so you'll move forward :D

Trogon

I'm feeling called out by the Deviant Moon this week - called out on my misguided nostalgia, called out on overobsessing over things that I should leave behind, called out on starting projects in the heat of spontanity that I don't know if I'll see through. Not in a bad way though! Sometimes it's good for you to get kicked in the behind so you'll move forward :D

I have found that the Deviant Moon will be this way from time to time. It can be a tad sarcastic as well. I've also learned to be open to some very literal interpretations from time to time. I remember a few years ago I had done a reading for myself for what the week was going to be like. I'd gotten The Hermit for some kind of "issue" ... the very next day I had an outbreak of shingles ... on the right side of my face ...

page of ghosts

I have found that the Deviant Moon will be this way from time to time. It can be a tad sarcastic as well. I've also learned to be open to some very literal interpretations from time to time. I remember a few years ago I had done a reading for myself for what the week was going to be like. I'd gotten The Hermit for some kind of "issue" ... the very next day I had an outbreak of shingles ... on the right side of my face ...

I had a look at the hermit and his hand is covering most of the right side of his face... who knows, maybe he has shingles under there too? That's a very literal card for sure :laugh:

I once had the Halloween Tarot do that to me. I had a situation last year where I had struggled so much to come up with a lot of money to cover a security deposit and suddenly the person wanted a much smaller deposit asap in addition to the big one that I still had a lot of time to fix! It was perfectly legal (I think they had experience with and were worried about untrustworthy tenants) and I was gonna get it back soon, but it really came out of nowhere so I pulled a card from that deck for guidance and it was The Lovers, featuring a vampire coming in the window. Very literal and appropriate since I felt like I had been surprised by a blood(money, really)-sucking fiend :( I pulled another to clarify and got the 9 of Pumpkins and yes, even if the methaphorical vampire wasn't very fun to have jumping in my window this whole thing was a good decision for me and I had done very well for myself. It all worked out perfectly fine for everyone in the end though, but I hope I won't see much to those kinds of vampires anytime soon ;)

Morwenna

Despite the artist they have in common, I couldn't have chosen two more Different decks to study together!! They are most definitely NOT RWS, and each has its own meanings. It's almost like learning new oracles! And some of the cards look as if they were RWS meanings assigned to different cards! This is a real eye-opener.

I'm really tempted to try a layout with one of them, going by what the LWB says, then figuring out what the same layout would be if the cards were RWS... hmmm...

Rose Lalonde

Listened to a great podcast on the Fool's symbolism in Thoth and RWS - the first in a series by Mel Meleen (Tabula Mundi creator) and Susie Chang (upcoming Llewellyn author). Good to have more time for tarot this week. :)

DaughterOfDanu

Today I brought out the Bonefire for a midsummer reading. I had a feeling it might fit the occasion but wasn't sure and I'm so glad I gave it a try. I feel like the Bonefire would make a great summer deck. Full of color, symbols, unique styled art with its own type of exotic feel. Really fits my summertime mood.

Rose Lalonde

Today I brought out the Bonefire for a midsummer reading. I had a feeling it might fit the occasion but wasn't sure and I'm so glad I gave it a try. I feel like the Bonefire would make a great summer deck. Full of color, symbols, unique styled art with its own type of exotic feel. Really fits my summertime mood.

2nd day of winter here, and I could use some of that lovely Bonefire warmth!

VGimlet

Happy beginning of summer or winter depending on your longitude and latitude. :D

New thread is now here.