Ace of cups/5 of pents Intentions

@rtemouri

This is a part of a spread for a love interest for a friend.In the intentions position she got the ace of cups and the 5 of pents.I really don't understand what this combination means.I think that this guy likes her, so i understand the ace of cups here as potential for something to blossom.But what's with the 5 of pents?Is it about him?he is having a hard period in his life?Does he think that it would be very difficult to be with her maybe?He will need to change a lot of his 'lifestyle' to be with her so maybe it's about that.
I could really use some help!
Universal wirth deck used

headincloud

If you asked about a relationship don't count on it's longevity.

@rtemouri

If you asked about a relationship don't count on it's longevity.
It's like something might happen but he will walk away?5 of pents confuses me here.and its what he wants.he wants something that wont last?with the 5 of pents?how about he feels something but wont do anything?

rwcarter

Is the 5P what he wants or his intentions, cause those can be two completely different things?

Assuming the AC and 5P are two cards for one position and not one card clarified by the other, his intentions may be feelings/love/emotional connection/etc. (AC) because he needs someone to help get him through tough times (5P). If she's going through tough times right now, his intentions may be a general feeling (AC) that he wants to see her through those tough times (5P).

The combination doesn't bode well for a relationship, although in a stretch the 5P could be seen as sticking it out through thick and thin. So together the pair could be saying his intentions are to love her (AC) regardless (5P). But that interpretation would be a real stretch for me.

Rodney

@rtemouri

Is the 5P what he wants or his intentions, cause those can be two completely different things?

Assuming the AC and 5P are two cards for one position and not one card clarified by the other, his intentions may be feelings/love/emotional connection/etc. (AC) because he needs someone to help get him through tough times (5P). If she's going through tough times right now, his intentions may be a general feeling (AC) that he wants to see her through those tough times (5P).

The combination doesn't bode well for a relationship, although in a stretch the 5P could be seen as sticking it out through thick and thin. So together the pair could be saying his intentions are to love her (AC) regardless (5P). But that interpretation would be a real stretch for me.

Rodney
Thank you very much for the help.Two cards for one position yes.And the position was his intentions.I think i can understand the combination with your examples.

think

I often see the 5P as watching. You know in some decks, the main character is looking through a window at a family, or a toy, whatever. I see this as a person paying attention to their heart's desires, and taking internal notes.

The ace is a potential new love.

So together they could be he is figuring out (5P) what he wants in love (AC).

@rtemouri

I often see the 5P as watching. You know in some decks, the main character is looking through a window at a family, or a toy, whatever. I see this as a person paying attention to their heart's desires, and taking internal notes.

The ace is a potential new love.

So together they could be he is figuring out (5P) what he wants in love (AC).
Ok i've never thought of that.Interesting interpretation.I've found some decks that have this images, i've never seen them before, i don't own any of these decks.Also i used the universal wirth deck for this reading and there are no people in the minors, just coins,cups etc. I think that with 5P i have a problem sometimes in understanding what it means, if it's not about experiencing hard times or having financial problems.And as intentions it seems more difficult for me.

Pique Dame

I think the 5 of Pentacles indicates he is needy. That's what's motivating him to start a new relationship (A/Cups).

@rtemouri

I think the 5 of Pentacles indicates he is needy. That's what's motivating him to start a new relationship (A/Cups).
I like this interpretation of the 5ofP.it didn't cross my mind.Maybe he is like 'out in the cold' in regards to love.when you are needy you are missing something,you need something you don't have.So maybe he needs this ace of cups.

headincloud

It's like something might happen but he will walk away?5 of pents confuses me here.and its what he wants.he wants something that wont last?with the 5 of pents?how about he feels something but wont do anything?

Anthony louis tarot plain and simple advises if you asked about a relationship don't count on it's longevity in 5P and in the ace C it definitely relates to the relationship you asked about. You may be left out in the cold but why or how would probably warrant a bigger spread.

If You're asking whether a relationship will go ahead I'd read a no with that 5P.