Heart of Faerie - The Prince of Shadows

faerylvr

Most compelling card in the deck. I couldn't get away from him and he wants me to follow him deep into the shadows. He has told me that...He looks at me, almost as if he is staring me in the eyes, mesmerizing and tells me has lots to show me if only I would follow him. I almost have no choice in the matter. I can't seem to help but want to go down whatever path it is he chooses to lead me on.

Chronata

oooh...I hear ya faerylvr!

When I first pawed through the deck, he was the first one I removed.
I wasn't even sure why at first.

Then I realized how much he looks like one of my spirit guides! Only...the eyes...the eyes hold something else...mischief, or malice? I can't decide.

I only know that he has already drawn me a little ways into his web, and that I followed willingly, and rather carelessly...until I realized the path was getting very dark.
Luckily I was able to withdraw right away, and find my way back, despite his whistles and taunts.

I think I need to keep my friend, the yakmuse (my personal guide in faerie) very close when I encounter him again!

faerylvr

Oh be careful. I haven't followed yet but everytime I touch the deck he falls out and tries to get me to go...

Lys of the Shadows is my guide in the original deck and we have a great time but she doesn't seem to want to draw me in quite so badly.

Muir Aingeal

I pulled this card and the faerie of naughtiness when I asked who stole money from me the other day. Very interesting Indeed...

DragonFae

For me this Prince of the Shadows is not so much seductive as soul bearing....like he is looking deep inside of me...searching for something...and as of yet he is not sure if it is hidden in the shadows because it needs to be there or perhaps because it is something I do not wish to really look at...a part of me that is shadow....

Looking "into" the shadows can have both positive and negative affects on one...so perhaps he is saying...are you ready...are you worthy and strong enough to really travel into the dark and come back out into the light....

geminiwoman

I pulled this as a daily card today and was instantly mesmerized. And a little nervous. I keep thinking about him, wanting to go look at the card again, look into those eyes....reminds me, either the way he looks at me or the way I can't stop thinking about him (probably both) of this guy I've been maybe kind of involved with..

Now I'm obsessing over them both! Ugh, lol.

Amashelle

I love this card. Like some of the rest of you, this was the first card that really caught my attention. When I ran through the 'favorite, least favorite' excercise from the original book, this was undoubtably my favorite.

In some ways, he reminds me of Luathas the Wild, one of my other favorites. They both challenge me to push myself. Luathas pushes boundaries of experience, but the Prince (I call him Alexis sometimes, because he says he likes that name), pushes boundaries of consiousness and realization. And he does have a bit of danger about him, a seductiveness that makes me a bit week in the knees, to be honest. He's got a bit of Luathas's cockyness, and a bit of the same aura of danger, but I think Alexis is more... in control than Luathas is. Where Luathas seeks out danger or adventure for the thrill, the Prince sees it as measurable risk in order to achieve something worth the effort.

I love the blackness of his eyes. They're not maelevolent, but knowledgable. Filled to the brim with truth I'll only be able to grasp if I step into his shadowed world. I don't feel at all uneasy with him around, just alert and alive... like when you step into your yard on a clear starry night and the cool wind fills all of your senses and makes you feel so exhilerated you can't help but spread your arms and twirl under the sky.

kmartin60

Like the rest of you this card "caught" my attention more than any of the others...Im actually considering re-doing a OOAK male barbie to look like him! (ROFLMAO)

Ok I admit it this deck has caught me hook, line and sinker......