The Emperor: Need help in understanding

Fulgour

No matter which way who does what or why,
this mister is about sex ~ and unforgettable.

Thirteen

rcb30872 said:
Perhaps he has a particular set of believes that he rules their life by, whether that is religion or something else. He has his own way of doing things, and will not deviate from that way, and perhaps expects other people to do these things his way.
Don't confuse him with the Hierophant--the Hierophant (High Priest) is the one who is following a religion and might insist that no one deviate from its law and rules. The Emperor creates his own rules. Those are the ones HE follows. And he will deviate from them if he wants. Their his rules and he can change them anytime he darn well pleases. BUT, if he's a good Emperor, he'll try to be fair and consistent.

He certainly expects everyone to take their cues from him. He's going to lead the way--you follow or get left behind. Think Napoleon. Think Gengis Khan. Think Julius Caesar or Alexander the Great. This is not a small man with small demands. This is a BIG man, with grand ideas and grand expectations.

you shouldn't sit there in self-pity and think that you have no control of your life, you should go out there and change the situation around.
This is certainly one message of the Emperor. That you have more control over your life than you think, that you can organize your life, command it, direct it. You just have to sit down and be willing to put in the work. Remember that the Emperor (if he's a good Emperor, not a baby), is no slacker. He works hard to keep his kingdom running well. The Emperor is about putting energy as well as organization and control into your life.

But don't forget the Emperor's warning--this card could just as easily be telling someone to stop acting like a demanding child. It could be saying that you're being too demanding--or that you're giving into the demands of someone who isn't being a good Emperor, and you should stop catering to their whims until they prove themselves worthy.

rcb30872

Thanks Thirteen

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I did get a bit confused with the first part with The Emperor and The Hierophant. By thinking about the famous people that you mentioned will help, and when you have put it that way I can think of people that I personally know.

Bec