Robin Wood tarot -- 7 of swords

annik

A thief is stealing some swords. There are two swords left behind. He doesn't seems to have any remorse. Maybe he is driven by some basic need. Maybe he is an hardened criminal. In either case, his action speak for himself more loudly than his mind. For sure, he is serious and take this task seriously. And he seems to know what he is doing.

The words of the song "a criminal mind" from Gowan pop into my mind while looking at the picture...

satinangel

The two swords left behind, he's leaving a part of his life behind.

satinangel

Phoenix Rising

Yes definitely looks like a crook, trying to get away with something. Even what he is wearing, makes him look like a weasle.
but it could also be that they are his swords and he doesn't want to participate in the festivities.

I'm worrying about this card, as I've got it in my yearly horoscope spread, in the 4th house in Gemini (May 22-June 21) So I hope they'll be no thief in my home, I'm pretty careless when it comes to house security, I never lock doors and close windows even at night!

satinangel

When I look at this card, for some reason it reminds me of Aragorn from the Lord of the Rings...seeming bad and doing wrong on the exterior, but possibly for a good reason. Any one else see it???

tarotbear

When this card pops up. I usually ask the querent if they are thinking of leaving their job. {Taking the intangible parts of your job - such as your on-the-job training with you when you go.}

satinangel

GREAT insight Tarotbear...thank you for sharing!

Phoenix Rising

tarotbear said:
When this card pops up. I usually ask the querent if they are thinking of leaving their job. {Taking the intangible parts of your job - such as your on-the-job training with you when you go.}

Yes thanks for that tarot bear, I hope it's something like that, because all the other interpretations looks pretty gloomy with someone being deceptive, but it could be me being deceptive too???

tarotbear

The other aspect of the card, although based on the RWS picture with the small drawing of the men around the campfire in the corner- is that you are a witness to a blue-collar crime and are letting the person get away with it rather than stopping them or reporting them.

So, the three interpretations are :

1) You are stealing or being stolen from

2) you are taking what belongs to you and leaving

3) you are watching someone else take and not stopping them

cricket

Look again! There's a possibility he's trying to sneak these swords INTO camp instead of OUT of camp. He's looking away from the tents as if he's afraid of being seen by somebody outside the walls. He's not worried about those in the encampment at all.

He's still sneaky and sly, but might be trying to get something to the rest of his teammates instead of taking from them and deserting them.

CelticGirl

satinangel said:
When I look at this card, for some reason it reminds me of Aragorn from the Lord of the Rings...seeming bad and doing wrong on the exterior, but possibly for a good reason. Any one else see it???

That's funny you say that because as I was looking at this card and browsing through the posts I was thinking the same thing.... which automatically made me think along the same lines as:

cricket said:
Look again! There's a possibility he's trying to sneak these swords INTO camp instead of OUT of camp. He's looking away from the tents as if he's afraid of being seen by somebody outside the walls. He's not worried about those in the encampment at all.

He's still sneaky and sly, but might be trying to get something to the rest of his teammates instead of taking from them and deserting them.

Sometimes to protect yourself you must do what is necessary, even if it's not the most honest. The look on his face is anger and he is not going to take this fight lying down.