Comic Book Tarot

MARVELous Thor

Hello all:
I am not sure if this thread is the best place for this but i figured "why not?" I got this idea after seeing an image of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman placed in front of Tarot cards suggesting what card represents them the best. I thought it was kinda neat. Superman would be the emperor, wonder woman would be Strength and Batman the devil.. lol The link to the image is here http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?236494-Is-Batman-evil

but it brought up an interesting thought... who else in comic books whether marvel or dc would be best represented by what cards? just a bit of fun really, but thought provoking nonetheless!!

So what do you think?

bizarre_tarot

Oh how very interesting. If I had to choose I think Raven (DC) from the teen titans should represent the hermit. Raven is always mediating to control her powers and hates when others go through her stuff (introverted nature). Jean Grey/ Phoenix from the X-men (Marvel) could be the judgement card because she was re-birthed. Ohh and the Joker from batman could be a mix between the Fool and wheel of fortune. :)

MARVELous Thor

I think DR Fate from DC would represent the magician... pretty straightforward for the Marvel side i would say Dr Strange.. same reason

I think Mephisto from Marvel could be The Devil.. again pretty straightforward

adanawtn

I love this idea! I had the same idea a while ago, but I figured the copyright stuff would be a pain to deal with. But it would be awesome to see it happen. I'd definitely buy a copy.

I love Raven as The Hermit, but I think Batman would be a great Emperor, since he's all about rules and order (and using intel to make plans).

For the heroes as cards, let's see...

Madame Xanadu would be a great High Priestess (as she uses tarot cards to manifest her powers).
The Flash as The Fool, or the Knight of Wands.
Rorshach as The Moon
Metamorpho as The Wheel of Fortune (being able to change constantly and adapt to the seasons in the Wheel of Time sense)
Superman as The Sun

That's all I can think of for now. But I will definitely be keeping up with this thread.

CuriousWalker

Interesting!

Robin - Damien Wayne's version - Page of Swords
Batwoman - Queen of Swords
John Constantine - The Magician
Hal Jordan - Green Lantern - King of Wands
Kyle Raydner - Green Lantern - The Star (I have no idea why but I just think he goes with this one)
The Flash - The Fool
Madame Xanadu - The High Priestess
Professor X - The Hierophant
Magneto - The Chariot
Superman - Strength
The Scarlet Witch - The Moon (going by her in the House of M...)
Wonder Woman - Queen of Wands (she SHOULD be a major arcana but I do not see her as Strength. Superman fits more to me!)
Batman - Justice or Devil...he fits both to me.
Spiderman and Mary Jane - The Lovers

The Tower - At first I thought Joker. But then how about an event? Like when Bane breaks Batman's back.
The Emperor - Aquaman if you go by DC, Cyclops for Marvel

Oh!
Loki could be the Devil.
Thor could also be Chariot.
Bruce Banner could be the Hermit in a sense.

adanawtn

Interesting!

Professor X - The Hierophant

I love Professor X as The Hierophant! Such a great choice. I just though the idea was to stick with DC characters. If we're including Marvel characters as well, I'd say Storm could be a good Tower, and Emma Frost could be the Queen of Swords. Plus Wolverine would be an awesome King of Swords.

rota

Thought I'd throw this on the table: Marvel did a one-shot comic on this theme some years back. The issue shows up now and again on eBay.
http://marvel.wikia.com/Marvel_Tarot_Vol_1_1

It's presented as a loosely-told story, conveyed in 'quotes' from written works both real and made-up. The character representatives they chose break down this way:

Appearing in "The Marvel Tarot"

Featured Characters:
Bone Sword - Ace of Swords
Serpent Crown - Ace of Cups
Dark Mirror - Ace of Wands
Ebon Rose - Ace of Pentacles
Ian McNee - The Magician (1 out of 10 times)
Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange) - The Magician (9 out of 10 times)
Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) - The High Priestess (1/3 of the time)
Agatha Harkness - The High Priestess (1/3 of the time)
Storm - The High Priestess (1/3 of the time)
Morgan le Fay - The Empress
Naga/Nagala - The Emperor (1/2 of the time)
Doctor Doom (Victor von Doom) - The Emperor (1/2 of the time)
Mordred the Mystic - The Hierophant
Cloak and Dagger - The Lovers
Devil-Slayer - The Chariot
Golem (Statue) - Strength
Living Mummy - The Hermit
Margali Szardos, Jimaine Szardos, Destiny - Wheel of Fortune
Valkyrie (Brunnhilde) - Justice (1/2 of the time)
Magik (Illyana Rasputin) - Justice (1/2 of the time)
Brother Voodoo (Jericho Drumm) - The Hanged Man
Vampire by Night - Death
Topaz - Temperance
Satana - The Devil (1/2 of the time)
Hellstorm - The Devil (1/2 of the time)
Hellcat - The Tower
Jennifer Kale - The Star
Dream Weaver - The Moon (1/2 of the time)
Sleepwalker - The Moon (1/2 of the time)
Janus - The Sun
Cadaver - Judgement
Man-Thing - The World

Cordis Foxx

Fun-Fun-Fun-Fun!
Jubilee would make a good Fool. If you remember the old animated series, she is essentially the Fool when she's introduced to the X-Men.
Oooo! A fun scene from the Dark Knight would be the Joker hanging as the Hanged Man, during which he makes one of the more interesting points of the movie.
Wiccan and Hulkling would make a cool 2 of Cups.
I would have to agree with Storm as the High Priestess.

Batman would make a fun Devil simply because, arguably, the character is completely obsessed and scarred by the death of his parents, which motivates him to do incredible acts of good, and also quite a bit of folly.

mysticdivination

Harley Quinn, in my opinion, would make a fantastic fool. But, in that same respect, she would do well as the Tower.

Wonder Woman would work well as Strength or the High Priestess.

FoxxVegas

Harley Quinn for The Fool
Zatanna for The Magician
Wonder Woman for Justice
Dark Phoenix for The Tower

I actually was challenged to create a deck using only female comic book characters and the above listed are a few examples that I used.