Looking for artist

QueenPen

I have a concept of a deck I would like to make, but I need an artist to team up with me. As I market and can publish, as well, I'm looking for someone who can conceptualize with me, on this deck. It is very indepth, spiritual and physical manifestations to help medical professionals use tarot in diagnosing patients.

Padma

What exactly are you looking for, Queen Pen, in terms of style and final product...? I am very interested as I am a good discerner of medical/mental issues, so I think I might be a good artist for the deck in question, but not sure my style would suit. So far I have earned my living doing animal portraiture, mostly. Although I can paint anything, really.

Are you thinking of a deck that is illustrated in body parts or in levels or degrees of suffering...? I am not sure how your idea for a medical diagnosis tool would look...? Is it possible for you to describe your idea a bit more, without giving away your farm...? Or maybe you could PM me?

QueenPen

What exactly are you looking for, Queen Pen, in terms of style and final product...? I am very interested as I am a good discerner of medical/mental issues, so I think I might be a good artist for the deck in question, but not sure my style would suit. So far I have earned my living doing animal portraiture, mostly. Although I can paint anything, really.

Are you thinking of a deck that is illustrated in body parts or in levels or degrees of suffering...? I am not sure how your idea for a medical diagnosis tool would look...? Is it possible for you to describe your idea a bit more, without giving away your farm...? Or maybe you could PM me?

I will PM

Padma

cool! Looking forward to chatting :)

Padma

PM's received and answered.

upawell

I have a concept of a deck I would like to make, but I need an artist to team up with me. As I market and can publish, as well, I'm looking for someone who can conceptualize with me, on this deck. It is very indepth, spiritual and physical manifestations to help medical professionals use tarot in diagnosing patients.

Wow, amazing concept!

Padma

The OP is still looking for an artist, just thought I would mention it in case anyone else is interested in applying. This is not for me.

canid

Here's a pretty in-depth thread to your topic:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=195560&highlight=art

It's all still valid. I'm an artist & I've got a couple of ideas about decks I think would be really marketable but I simply don't have the time. 30-40 hrs per piece, ie card, that's how I paint. I don't care what the medium is, it's very time consuming. Those hours times 78. That's what, 3,120 hrs. If you're paid $10/hr, that's $31,120, and $10/hr is CHEAP for art. I'm still on my 3rd card for my own concept...good luck to you. But there were some suggestions in that thread you may find useful.

Padma

In this case, it is the OP who seems to have disappeared!

ETA and after I sent samples of my work, too. Very disappointing. Ah well! Live and learn!

canid

In this case, it is the OP who seems to have disappeared!

ETA and after I sent samples of my work, too. Very disappointing. Ah well! Live and learn!

You're an artist! Create your own deck; bet it would be great! Certainly the idea/concept is extremelly important but the actual execution and art is the most time consuming. So do your own! I've successfully done the outdoor local art shows, gallery shows, local business shows, eBay, worked as a graphic designer/illustrator for many years; I'm here to tell ya putting brush or pen/pencil to paper, making it appealing, takes a LOT. And for people that think, 'oh, just PhotoShop it', talk to Ciro. Same ball of wax. Just for one, let alone 78.