Clow?!? What is it?

Lillie

I say this deck in a charity shop today. it was called Clow. That was the only word I could see on the (rather fancy) box, which was made to look like a book with a clasp.

Inside were cards (no instructions), long and thin, good quality, obviously Manga, They had strange names, 'The Loop', 'The Little', 'The Maze'.
They had no numbers unless they were in the chinese characters.
I had no idea of how many there were, or how many there should have been.

I didn't buy. They were £2, and I was broke.

Now I am wondering what they were.

Anyone enlighten me?

Imagemaker

This explanation site popped up when I googled Clow, along with a lot of other sites:

Clow cards

annik

My boyfriend is a manga fan. I know he have a manga serie called 'Sakura cardcaptor' (or something very close, he have the french version). In that manga, there is an important character called Clow. In the story, Clow had created an deck. Sakura have to make the deck whole again.

I don't know much more. But what you have said made me think of that manga. Hope that help!

Chronata

Hi Lillie!

I had to respond because I love these cards...they remain one of my favorite oracle decks.

The original set I had didn't even have all the cards in it, and they still gave me some of the best intuitive readings I have done to date.

I used search, because I know folks here have talked about them before!

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=167&highlight=CLOW

I have to give thanks to Cerulean(again!) for the wonderful gift...which included a set of printouts that had a list of card meanings!

It's a very cute little deck. I would recommend it to oracle lovers...especially since you can usually find it very cheap second hand!

Sulis

I think this thread will get more responses in Oracle Decks

Sulis xx
co-moderator - Tarot Decks

Lillie

Thanks everyone.

They were the clow cards image maker linked too.

I sort of wish I had bought them now.

Though they might not all have been there.

And anyway, I found a sari, A beautiful long length of red silk with gold decoration.
So I got that instead!

Maybe if I go back there and they are still there I will get them.

Chronata

Lillie, I think you will really like these!

If you find that the set you were looking at is gone, then send me a PM.

I have an extra set you can have!

Lillie

Thanks Chronata,

I'm hoping to get back there after the bank holiday and do a bit of card counting to see if they are all there.

I have told my bloke that there are lots of 'Workshop manuals' in that shop, as an incentive to him driving me there!
He began to drool almost straight away!

Men! You gotta love 'em!

Tsuzuki

They're cute, and so is the anime.

Lillie

Can youbelieve it? I went back and the damn shop was shut, on a tuesday afternoon, cos the people had gone to some meeting!

I'll get round to going again, see if it's still there!