Thank you Mr. Hapke!
No brushes here, just crayons.
Saves on cleanup time...
;)
MrsOnePotato

Educatio

:)

Hi, MrsOnePotato:)
I just went through the images and I must say I like them a lot: they remind me of eastern icons. Especially the Star (don't know why 'cos it's not 'my card').
Still, I've got a question: why do all the people have such sad expressions on their faces? I know life is not a merry-go-round... Perhaps it's a reflection of your very soul?
Having said that I'm still impressed by your work and I'm very picky ;)

All the best,

maia

<link removed by moderator>

MeeWah

MrsOnePotato: Like the style & medium. & admire all the cards.

The apparent simplicity of the straightforward, yet lacks not detail. An appealing innocence more evocative of the inner child.

If there is a list, please do add my name.

MrsOnePotato

Maja said:
why do all the people have such sad expressions on their faces? I know life is not a merry-go-round... Perhaps it's a reflection of your very soul?

Hello Maia,
Thank you so much for your comments. Others have mentioned the facial expressions too. I guess I was striving for a neutral expression (like what is shown on the TdM), but there is a tendency for non-smiling faces to look a little melancholy I guess.

If I could just perfect that Mona Lisa smile...not exactly happy but certainly not sad...that's a lot to aim for though!!

MrsOnePotato
(a reasonably happy spud)

MrsOnePotato

MeeWah said:
MrsOnePotato: Like the style & medium. & admire all the cards.

The apparent simplicity of the straightforward, yet lacks not detail. An appealing innocence more evocative of the inner child.

If there is a list, please do add my name.

Thank you so much for your comments, MeeWah!
I'm hoping to have this finished by the end of the year and will produce a small edition. I'll remember to let you know.

:) MrsOnePotato

Bat Chicken

I want on that list too please...!:)

Aulruna

Oh yes, üplease put me on your mailing list, too.

I really love your style and the colouring scheme.

Debra

MrsOnePotato said:
If I could just perfect that Mona Lisa smile...not exactly happy but certainly not sad...that's a lot to aim for though!!

I think it's the eyebrows. ;)

spoonbender

MrsOnePotato, I've been so busy (and still am unfortunately, due to my exams) that I haven't had a chance yet to say how much I love Justice. :) I think she looks perfect - her sword especially is very unusual and interesting, both curved and straight. And unlike other posters here, I actually quite like her facial expression, and those of the other characters... They're a bit serious and a bit melancholic, but for me, that just really adds to the atmosphere of the cards.

As always, keep up the good work!

Spoon

truelighth

If you have a list or mailinglist, then please add me too. I really love your work!