Heart of Faerie Oracle

Madrigal

I saw this the other day, perused as many images as I could online and then discovered there was an app. The app has allowed me to get a feel for the cards individually as well as the deck as a whole. But a virtual deck has its limits. So for those who own this deck, how do you like it? Do you use it as an Oracle? A meditative tool? Other? One card draw? Spreads? I've tended to use my Oracle decks with one or two card spreads only. Not sure why. Anyway how do you work with this deck?

Madrigal

Answering my own thread hehe. I went ahead and bought this deck and it's really gorgeous, not too dark but not all sweetness and light either. The artwork is detailed and the Faeries very expressive. The card backs are lovely. I'm really looking forward to working with this deck.

The app, btw, is also great. It's got background music to accompany it which normally I don't like but this selection adds to the mysterious, liminal feeling of entering world of the Faeries. There is also the option to let the Faeries choose a spread for you which is kind of cool. Now I just need to find a lovely bag to house these cards in.

I know a lot of folks combine the Faeries Oracle with this one and time will tell if that's something I want to do but for now I feel complete, Faerie-wise, with this Oracle :D

jolie_amethyst

Congrats on the new deck!

I think around here, it's something of a mixed opinion on whether or not to use the faeries together. There are some who feel that the original Faeries Oracle is very good for introspective work, while Heart of Faery is more suited to practical, day to day advice. I keep mine in seperate bags, but when I pull one out to work with, I tend to pull out both and draw a certain number of cards from each.

Somehow, I missed that there was an app! Now I need to go take a look...

Madrigal

Thanks. I'm really enjoying this Oracle *and* I'm tempted by the Faeries Oracle. It does seem to contain somewhat darker images though.