Examples of interacting with a Mars in 12th house person?

LovelyMissAries

I have this position.

OUCH best describes it. I do feel frustrated most of the time. It's like I want to take such and such action but I'm keenly aware of how it'd affect everyone and for one reason or another, I mostly deny myself blanky-blank action. Not just because of other people but because sometimes I think, "Why bother." LOL It might just be my stubborn Leo Mars that makes it seem like, "Oh because it went so well the first time, we're going to try that again? Spare us RiotEyes, you see how much it succeeded last time."

We need patience and understanding, a nurturing atmosphere, encouragment... I heard the 12th House has to do with self sacrifice and it does kinda feel that way. Maybe 12th house Mars needs to learn to be a little bit more selfish (that seems to work better for me, when I say F it I'm just going to do this everything is better than when I pass up an opportunity because of someone/something else.)

All in all though, it's a very frustrated energy.

I'm not sure exactly what sphere you'd like to address though. Feel free to ask me though.

Okay cool! YES, I know what you mean. I think you described it perfectly when you said it's a very "frustrated" position! It's like Mars is constantly wanting to get out and do it's own thing, pave the road, but the 12th house is constantly forcing it to go with the flow. It's almost opposing energies.

Yes, someone else once described people who have this position NEED OTHER people that naturally have their "antennas" out. Because Mars in the 12th doesn't know or isn't comfortable asking for what it wants. It sees all sides to a situation, etc. So interesting to me…

What sphere.. hmm, I guess socially? Like who do Mars in 12th people like best, what people like them best, etc.

Minderwiz

As many of you know I've been exploring Whole Sign Houses, over the last few months. I'm taking it slowly and gently, but some of the comments in this thread, my own included are worth looking at in that context.

With Whole Sign Houses, my late Leo Ascendant coverts the whole sign of Leo into my first house. This means that Mars is now part of my first house, rather than the twelfth. So now I have to consider whether my earlier view of Mars being hard to handle because it's not connected to the Ascendant is correct. If Mars were in Cancer, it would be twelfth house, and even a modern view would see that as an awkward placement.

I haven't got a full explanation yet, but a couple of points I note are that Mars is the malefic of Sect (I was a night birth) and Saturn is the out of Sect malefic - so I have both malefics in the first. That is going to provide real challenges both to health and to wellbeing. Mars is not one of the Triplicity Lords for the Fire Triplicity (they are Jupiter, Sun and Saturn for a night birth). Mars and Saturn are in a loose but applying conjunction, so there is always the need to consider, explain in detail and to look for restrictions or reasons for inaction, often punctuated for a need to cut through those restrictions and to act! Saturn is the more malevolent and closer to the Ascendant so the restrictions on action mostly outweigh any impulses to act, but those impulses are there.

This actually seems to fit my experience of 'me' better than simply saying it's Mars in the twelfth. So perhaps it's worth everyone looking to see:

Is Mars in the same sign as your Ascendant - if so it would be first house on WSH
Is Mars in conjunction or aspect to any other planet and have you factored that in.

I'm not putting forward this as a solution - I am still using quadrant houses more than WSH but it might be something worth exploring.

Ronia

Minderwiz, I am yet to check my son's chart whole houses to see if Mars will fall in the 1st.

It may be since I can not see any of the described above in him. Neither is he suffering lack of energy, nor does he suffer restrictions in any kind of actions. God knows he knows how to get what he wants. LOL In fact, he pursues with enthusiasm and is very liked, a leader of a group usually if not always. He absolutely doesn't care who likes him. As I said before, one planet in one house equals zero in a natal chart, IMO.

On the other hand, the rest of his placements make sense to me as they are, in Placidus. So, as I added before, to me it's mostly the relationships between the planets in the chart. If Mars in the 12th has good relationships and is "injected" with energy, he will perform, IMO.

LovelyMissAries

Is Mars in the same sign as your Ascendant - if so it would be first house on WSH
Is Mars in conjunction or aspect to any other planet and have you factored that in.

I'm not putting forward this as a solution - I am still using quadrant houses more than WSH but it might be something worth exploring.

I agree Minderwiz! I flip-flop between WSH and Placidus, or Equal sign because there's relevance to my life and personality in all three charts. Of course, this makes me question the validity of astrology sometimes too since I figure one would be drastically different than the other.

That being said, when I used WSH my Mars also falls in the 1st (even before it's already conjunct my ASC) and although I'm a bit stockier physically than one would think I believe as I grow older it explains my impulses, or how people can read me and sense my energy even if I am not being overt about it.