Comments on some books please :)

kwirky

I really love Jung have read stuff on his archetypes and bits of the red book But I also enjoy reading 78 Degrees of Wisdom.

The Happy Squirrel

Sallie Nichols' Tarot and Jung is a good Jungian book if you are looking for the kind of thing that Jung might have written about the Tarot Major Arcana (Marseille deck) rather than a book about Jung's ideas.

Sadly, I have decided that this book will have to wait.

The Happy Squirrel

I really love Jung have read stuff on his archetypes and bits of the red book But I also enjoy reading 78 Degrees of Wisdom.

I saw the red book when I did a search on him. Might take a second look now :)

The Happy Squirrel

How about "Tarot - The open reading" by Yoav Ben-Dov......? :)

The Happy Squirrel

Also, his book Man and His Symbols: while Tarot is not mentioned, it is easy to take notes in the margins in 'taroteeze' and make all the needed associations yourself.

I love this book. Read it about a decade ago. Might be time to re-read it :)

The Happy Squirrel

That is good to know :)

What is an "open reading"....?

Teheuti

That is good to know :)

What is an "open reading"....?
Open-ended - meaning he is not giving you definitive meanings to memorize, but rather a method (with sample meanings). Ben-Dov's approach is based on Jodorowsky's approach to the Marseille deck.

The Happy Squirrel

Ah OK. Well, I dropped "Tarot Wisdom" for Ben-Dov's book. Can't get them all, at least not all at once, so have to choose :)

Richard

While the Ben-Dov book is certainly a worthy replacement for Tarot Wisdom, I am not fond of the so-called open reading method. Yoav Ben-Dov was a student of Alejandro Jodorowsky, with whom I also have issues. I do think that Ben-Dov's CBD Tarot is a masterpiece of Conver restoration. Strangely, the deck was designed as a companion to the book, not the other way around.

I agree with Mary that Nichols' Tarot and Jung, as well as Jung's Man and His Symbols, are excellent. In particular, Man and His Symbols is an enjoyable read, quite an accomplishment for a man of Jung's originality and erudition.