Traveling Faerie Deck ... Lets get this idea rolling!

Jewel

SEE POST ON PAGE 2 OF THIS THREAD FOLLOWING FAUNABAY'S FIRST POST ..... CAN YOU SAY TRAVELING FAERIES ORACLE???????? ~giggles~

Greetings all, while posting in the "oldies" thread I came up with an idea that seems to be well received by many fellow faerie lovers that visit this study group. So I need your help to get this organized! We are going to design this together!

The idea: Following the wonderful idea of the Traveling Tarot deck I thought it would be neat to have a traveling Faerie deck. I have offered up my Healing With Faries deck to become said deck (the Froud faeries told me to *LOL*). The deck will be sent to everyone in this study group that wants to participate. I will be mailing the deck out on Saturday, October 7, 2006.

Suggestions from the "oldies" thread: Since we are a small group, someone (I believe inanna_tarot) suggested that each of us keep the deck for a week. I second this idea. What do you guys think?

WHO CAN PARTICIPATE: Faeries Oracle study group members - old and new alike!

What does one do with the traveling deck?: anything you want to do (with the exception of destroying or keeping it *LOL* - this IS a JOKE). You can read with it, carry it around, take it sight seeing, whatever feels right to you while you have the deck. It would be great if you could post something reagarding your experiences with the deck (i.e. how you felt when you got it, what you did with it, etc.) - we could do this in one thread, sort of like the one that exists for the traveling tarot deck.

Signing the deck: As this deck (at least mine) does not have extra cards (i.e. intro cards), and the cards are so glossy I am wondering if we should sign the LWB (little white book) ... you could sign it on the page corresponding the the faerie from the deck that means something to you. Sign it AFTER you have spent time with the deck (i.e. right before you package it up to go to the next person). That way it will also give us something to rummage through the book for! What do you think? Additional or other ideas?

Who do I mail it to next?: Since we are a small group, I would like to suggest that like the Faerie Seekers that we put the names of those signed up in a jar and pick them at random to mail the deck. What do you guys think?

When you mail the deck to the next person: Lets make a thread so that we can post when it was mailed out and to whom so they can be expecting it. Anticipation is always fun!

Anything else you guys can think of? Other ideas?

The persons that have already said would like to participate include:
Alissa
Sagitarius
A-Shikhs
Inana Tarot

All others interested please sign up on this thread. Initial sign up closes on Wednesday, October 4, 2006.

a_shikhs

Yipee.. :D This is so cool. The faeries are surely calling us. :)

Jewel, can I please get the deck sometime after the 18th of October as my exams will get over by then.. Thanks..

sagitarian

I'll either need it mailed to me first, or after the 22nd. I'm leaving on the 19th to go spend some time with my sis, so if I do get it, and no one minds me keeping it a little over a week, I can then take it to my sister personally, and then she can mail it out to who ever's next. (or put names in a jar..LOL) either way is cool with me, i just don't want it sitting here on my desk for a week...LOL.

Everything sounds awesome.

Sag

Jewel

a_shikhs said:
Yipee.. :D This is so cool. The faeries are surely calling us. :)

Jewel, can I please get the deck sometime after the 18th of October as my exams will get over by then.. Thanks..

Not a problem, since the deck is being mailed out on Oct. 7th, I do doubt it would even get to India in a week if you ended up being the first person to receive it *LOL*.

Alissa

I'm around and would love to play along! I have no dates to mention, just send it to me when it's my turn! :D

Am I assuming that like the Tarot travel deck, we keep the deck for 5 days and then send it on to the next on the list?

Jewel

sagitarian said:
I'll either need it mailed to me first, or after the 22nd. I'm leaving on the 19th to go spend some time with my sis, so if I do get it, and no one minds me keeping it a little over a week, I can then take it to my sister personally, and then she can mail it out to who ever's next. (or put names in a jar..LOL) either way is cool with me, i just don't want it sitting here on my desk for a week...LOL.

Everything sounds awesome.

Sag

Sage I can send it to you first no problem ... I would rather you mail the deck onto the next person or if the faeries deem it so and Alissa is next then you take it to her. I would like the Faeries to decide who gets it when. Let the deck really bounce around *LOL* (no the Topsy Turvets is not my card of the day *LOL*)

Jewel

Alissa said:
Am I assuming that like the Tarot travel deck, we keep the deck for 5 days and then send it on to the next on the list?
You get to keep if for a week, if you need more time due to something coming up no big deal. If you hate the deck, you can always send it off sooner too *LOL*.

Jewel

Tuwikaa said:
Please include me in.....I had just seen the post on The Traveling Deck and it was exciting.

Thanks

Peace - Tuwikaa
Tuwikaa, welcome to the Faeries Oracle Study Group! Will you be joining us in the Study Group? this traveling deck project is to bring the study group members closer together through a shared experience. If you would like to be a part of our study group then you are more than welcome to join in the traveling Faerie deck.

a_shikhs

Jewel said:
Not a problem, since the deck is being mailed out on Oct. 7th, I do doubt it would even get to India in a week if you ended up being the first person to receive it *LOL*

Perrfect!!! That way I can spend some quality time with the fae and show them around.. ;)