compatability question

sagewriter

I swear I posted/talked about this a while ago. With regard to mine and my fiance's birthchart. I am born on 10th December (Sag) and he is 23rd May (Gem). This is normally quite a hard relationship because they are opposite. But, I was told that this particular one was different? I can't remember why, and I can't find the post, am I imagining it? My moon and rising is Scorpio, unfortuantely my fiance doesn't know what time he was born to work his out.

I'm pretty sure no one will know what I'm on about :D

ETA: links to my exact birthchart, and aaron's birthchart with time set at midday.

me: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v179/sagewriter/?action=view&current=my_birthchart.png

aaron: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v179/sagewriter/?action=view&current=aaron_birthchart.gif

Gemini Rising

Don't worry, I think we all know what you're talking about!

And yes, it's funny, I've read in more places than one that Sagittarius and Gemini are the most compatible "opposite" couple in the zodiac--I've known quite a few successful Sag/Gem relationships. I too forget what makes this pairing different from other opposites...then again, I've found that Sag and Gem are EXTREMELY similar, unlike most other polar pairs in the zodiac. Aries and Libra truly are complete opposites (take it from a Libran who dated one), Taurus and Scorpio don't seem to mix well, but strangely Gem and Sag make a good couple.

By the way, you're going to get a lot of people saying that sun sign astrology is inaccurate and isn't reliable, and it depends on all the factors in the chart, blah blah blah...just to warn you. ;)

Love,
~Nicky

sagewriter

thanks for the help! yes I probably will won't I? I do recall showing someone my birthchart, but it's not much help if I don't have my fiances!

willowfox

sagewriter said:
unfortuantely my fiance doesn't know what time he was born to work his out.

The easiest way around this problem is to erect a chart for midday for the day and year that he was born. The position of the planets don't wary much during the course of a day, only the Moon moves faster so be careful when you consider what aspects it makes. You won't be able to take into account what is on the ascendant though but I don't think it really matters because so few people know their exact time of birth anyway. He must know his date of birth, doesn't he?

You will then be able to see what planets make contact with each other when you put the two charts together. A relationship chart is much more complicated than just knowing sun or moon signs, there is so much more information that must be taken into account, especially what aspects your planets make to his if any.

sagewriter

ah I see what you mean, ok I'll edit the first post and attach our birthcharts :)

willowfox

Well your charts have some nasty aspects between them.

He has his Sun opposite your Saturn, this will make him feel restricted, oppressed and controlled by you, he will not feel free.

You have Sun opposite his Mars suggesting that you get annoyed by certain things that he does, the way he behaves, so you tend to keep stepping on each others toes. There is a physical attraction between the two of you, but there will also be a competitiveness and this will make you defensive.

You have your Moon opposite his Saturn this says that he will block your emotions, he will stifle your feelings of love for him, so he will end up looking like a real cold and aloof person, you will not be able to get close to him as he will reject you.

He has Mars opposite your Uranus making for a very disturbing relationship, you will end up fighting and finding it very hard to cooperate with one another, you will have the urge for freedom while he will be wanting to rush around, this also speaks of arguments and bad temper.

These things mentioned above may not be present yet but they will develop as time goes by. You have some very hard aspects here which do not suggest long term compatibility.

sagewriter

hmm, those don't sound right at all. we've been together well over a year, and i really can't see these things developing, especially since he does no reject my love in any way! but i will keep them in mind. but i hope you'll forgive me for thinking this incorrect based upon my experiences :)

willowfox

sagewriter said:
hmm, those don't sound right at all. we've been together well over a year, and i really can't see these things developing, especially since he does no reject my love in any way! but i will keep them in mind. but i hope you'll forgive me for thinking this incorrect based upon my experiences :)

Give it time and see what develops, none of these things work fast, they creep in gradually, nothing remains static, everything changes, including your relationship. Time will tell what your relationship has in store for the both of you. Anyway, don't worry too much about it because what is meant to be will be.

Maybe somebody else can enlighten you with their take on these aspects.

sagewriter

I will, but I know I'm not rules by stars, I'm ruled by my head and the decisions I make. I believe horoscopes are more of warnings of potential situations. So know that I'm armed with a bit more knowledge, I'll know how to deal with things if they arise.

willowfox

That's right, to be forewarned is to be forearmed, so if troubles do appear, then you will know what they are all about and can quietly do something to help rectify the problem.
What you have to look out for is when a heavy planet transits one of the aspects that I mentioned, it may well trigger the aspect into action, so have a look to see what planets will hit the aspects that I mentioned in the near future and beyond. Transits are like triggering devices, they cause sleeping planets to wake up.