Why the Faeries Oracle?

Essjay

I'm partially enabled too - the wierd thing is that I've looked at these images before but the new deck caused me to come back and have another look.

I'm teetering!

:)

GadgetGirl

Essjay said:
I'm partially enabled too - the wierd thing is that I've looked at these images before but the new deck caused me to come back and have another look.

I'm teetering!

Need a push? ;)

Essjay

Lol! Go on - push away!

Le Fanu

Bet you didn't expect me to come on in here enabling you, Essjay?

Believe it or not, I have this deck. I don't use it much, but I do think there's a right and a wrong time for me to use this deck. Different from everyone else here who has a right and a right time to use it! :D

I think, looking at it objectively, it's because there is so much character in this deck. So much explicit playfulness and a sense of fun. So many decks - tarot or oracle - are so po-faced and this just isn't.

You can also take it to whatever level you like. You can use it for occasional readings and just enjoy the high spiritedness of the reading, or you can make this your monogomously one of a kind oracle deck which you ask everything to. The book encourages a total immersion in fairiness, which I've never quite gone for to be honest (dancing with fairies, coversing with fairies...). I just use it like any other oracle and there is a certain chattiness and high spiritedness about it. I am not familiar enough to use it regularly (I consult the book when reading) but it is (surprisingly, you may think, Essjay ;)) among my faves by the sofa!

In the near future, I have to say I don't plan to follow the "dancing with fairies" activities as laid out in the book, but as an oracle I can see the appeal.

Essjay

LeFanu! No, I didn't expect to see you over here! :)

Like you, I'm not going to be doing a great deal of dancing with faeries but as the new oracle has caught my eye I thought it a better idea to start with the original. This sounds like any excuse I know, but I always like to give decks a chance that I keep looking at. I don't have an oracle that I use often; just tarot and Lenormand for me. Therefore, I feel like I'm missing something and any oracle that has its own sub-forum can't be wrong.

I'm so easily enabled. But hey, an oracle in a virtually oracle-free collection can't be a bad thing - can it?

Courtnis

I'm IN Love!

I got the FO deck about a month or so ago. I was very excited to learn as much as I could about these Fae. I signed up here and began to study other people's opinions about each card. I decided I was going to pull one card a day and have it travel with me where I went. I would search the internet for an image of that particular card (which is hard for many actually). I usually print the picture out as large as a letter-sized sheet of paper. I would then begin to collect characteristics for each card on a piece of paper; these include opinions from this site, other blogs and such that I can find, as well as the books definition. I then feel the card all day long, taking into consideration the things I encounter and how it may relate to the card. That's how it started out...lol. Now, the card that I draw for the day always seems to be dead on with how the day plays out. I've also noticed that while pulling my card for the day, if there is any other thought bouncing around in my head, the Fae pick up on it. Not intentionally asking the question but obviously it is in the forefront of my mind. They know it, they show it to me. This probably sounds crazy to some, but it happens consistantly.
I also have noticed something else...I have two kids. My son is 7 and my daughter is 4. There have been several nights where my son, has woke up in the middle of the night. He either sleep walks and talks to me or he is half in a sleep freaking out about things he sees. He never remembers it the next morning and the things he describes...well, they seem "Fae-ish" to me. One night he was fraking out looking at the walls talking about the branches growing up the walls all over, the bushes. AND...the brown and black monster thing standing over there. "Look, it's brown and black, and right there." He was pointing over at the top of the stairs. I wasn't sure what was going on those nights until about a week later I think I figured it out. I think I have to take my cards to bed with me, I have to put them in my room. The nights that I don't...I think they "play" with my son!
So, I would suggest getting this deck, if you are ready to be interacted with! Just don't forget that they may like to play with others in the house too, that may not be as ready!

Essjay

My copy's on it's way - I'm quite excited to be getting this as I've not really explored oracles properly. I'm also on a bit of a faerie book reading roll at the moment with The Iron King and 13 Curses so this will fit right in.

GadgetGirl

Essjay said:
My copy's on it's way - I'm quite excited to be getting this as I've not really explored oracles properly. I'm also on a bit of a faerie book reading roll at the moment with The Iron King and 13 Curses so this will fit right in.

Yay! See you didn't need much of a push after all. ;)

I've been reading Faerie books lately as well. Is the Iron King good? I've just finished Tithe and really enjoyed that and have been on the look out for other great Faerie books. I'll have a look out for The Iron King.

tarotlaura

Oh yes the faeries like to play...especially with people who aren't quite ready for them yet. I think this morning they were bothering my oldest and he was not thrilled but my middle child and I on the other hand thought it was funny.

So glad that both Essjay and GadgetGirl are getting the Oracle. :)

Essjay

GadgetGirl said:
Yay! See you didn't need much of a push after all. ;)

I've been reading Faerie books lately as well. Is the Iron King good? I've just finished Tithe and really enjoyed that and have been on the look out for other great Faerie books. I'll have a look out for The Iron King.

You're right - I was pretty much there!

I love Tithe but I actually think that The Iron King may be better - I really enjoyed it. The Froud faeries actually look (as I imagine) like the ones from Tithe/Iron King.

Thanks TarotLaura - I'm not sure why I've waited so long :)