Let's bid a "fond" farewell to Saturn in Gemini!

isthmus nekoi

jlbvt,
In general, Saturn in Cancer is not easy b/c Saturn is in its 'detriment', which means this is not a placement where Saturn expresses himself w/ease. Saturn rules Capricorn which opposes Cancer....... Think of gloomy old taskmaster Saturn in nurturing, shell loving Cancer. He's not very comfortable there. What it means to each individual will depend on:
which house Saturn is transiting in
which house natal Saturn is placed in
which house Capricorn cusps
any aspects to natal planets made by Saturn

If you'd like someone to look at transiting Saturn in your chart, feel free to post your birth details.

AG,

*lol* Hey, I feel free to call him an old stick in the mud since compliments never deter the guy!

oceanpoetry

I was born 11.17a PDT June 21, 1969 Las Vegas, NV.

I know that Saturn is making a exact conjunction my natal Sun right now. Things are going well at work, but my home situation feels a little restrictive at the moment. Also I am noticing an overall feeling of melancholy that feels very "Saturnian".

purplefishy

I posted earlier that Minderwiz kindly informed me that Saturn would be transiting my 8th house. Other than that, I'm not sure I know so much about Saturn in my chart. Here are the details from my natal chart:
Saturn Sextile Uranus 0°37
Saturn Square Neptune 2°29
Mercury Opposition Saturn 3°27
Saturn Virgo 24°56'41 11 retrograde

other than that, not much else having to do with saturn.
Now, I got from different info sites that Saturn rules the 10th house. I think that Leo is in the 10th house in my natal chart as well, but the data chart says that virgo is in the 10th too, so maybe i'm misinterpreting what the "true node" is. But, anyways, as a relative beginner that's all I can figure out. Does the sign in the 10th house matter so much? Also forgot to add that Capricorn is in the 3rd house.

Minderwiz

Purplefishy,

I have Saturn in your eleventh House (in Virgo) - Tends to indicate you have long standing friendships and associations, possibly long standing hopes and aspirations. You take your friendships very seriously and possibly feel a duty or obligation to maintain them - indeed you might well see these associations as one of your ways of self preservation.

Saturn is also in opposition to your Eleventh House ruler Mercury which is in the fifth, so you may well find that your creativity is expressed through your perception of other people's needs or the demands made on you by society. You may well feel a bit torn over this, Saturn demands attention and effort devoted to friends and associations, Mercury feels the obligation but might just feel that Saturn is a touch to harsh and there are some more enjoyable things to do, for example the trine of Mercury to your ninth house Moon suggests an instinctive desire to grow and expand your self, through education and possibly travel (though with Cancer on the cusp of the ninth, I'm not sure that physical travel will be as attractive as inner development).

The bits that you have seen about Saturn ruling the tenth relate to 'natural' rulerships. If Aries was on the Ascendant, then using equal houses. Capricorn would be on the cusp of the tenth and Saturn would rule tenth House matters.

In your case Capricorn rules the third, so your mental processes, communication media, conscious mind are likely to be more disciplined. Saturn also traditionally rules Aquarius which is on your IC. This would suggest that your home and family life are likely to be idiosyncratic, perhaps a little unusual but fiercely independent.

alexisyael

Hi all --

Today is my Saturn Return (happy saturn return to me:)) I don't seem to be having much of the crisis that all my older friends went through @ this time... am I going to be blindsided by this? I hope not!

The issues I have been experiencing lately have mostly been about my mom (gee, go figure) and my sister, who is not speaking to our mother. I am the only one in the family who speaks with both of them, so naturally I am stuck in the middle. My mom can't seem to respect my boundaries (not speaking with her about issues my sister says are private). This causes me a lot of stress, since she brings up the subject every time we speak, and accuses me of "caring more about morals than you do about people."

I don't think this is true, since I have a great deal of empathy for both her and my sis, who are both wrong, and both right, in this issue. (Most of it seems to be just drama, but there's a kernel of truth at the core, for both of them). I just do not think it is right to violate my sister's trust by indulging my mom in her desire to know every minute detail of my sister's (new) life. I also don't think it's right to lie to my mom (like my sister suggests) and tell her my sister is not speaking to me, either. Though that would certainly be easier.

Everything else in my life is great right now -- my husband and I moved across country, and crossed borders last summer, and that is working out well for us (though our first winter was a shock). At the end of the month we're moving into the heart of the heart of the City, from suburbia, which is very exciting for us both. (I suspect he has his Saturn in Cancer as well, since he's six months younger than I am. But we've never been able to do a full chart for him, tricky Gemini that he is, because no one can agree on his time of birth! His mom says one thing, dad says another, birth certificate says a completely different thing!)

I'd love it if people would comment on my chart: I was born Dec. 4, 1974 at 8:25 am in Dallas TX. Saturn is at 17Cancer52 R in my 7th house (placidus system). Looking at my chart, it looks like it trines Jupiter (ruler of my sun sign & my ascendent, amongst others) and squares pluto, and BQT Neptune (but I can't remember what BQT means!)

thanks,

alexis yael

Moongold

I just had a look at my progressed chart and have some good stuff to look forward to with Saturn. He is in my 6th House and I'm using him to put some general issues in order around health and other matters. This morning I woke up with a renewed sense of energy around this

Saturn trine Mercury - my mind is very clear this morning and I've begun to put in place some strategies around long term projects, Saturn trine Sun and Jupiter is helping with this.

Saturn conjunct Saturn and Pluto have been influencing some major life changes. This has been quite difficult but worthwhile I think. It is better to face Saturn directly. Somehow it is actually quite energising :)

isthmus nekoi

Hi Alexis,

I just had a look at your chart and your Saturn return hasn't come juuuuuust yet. Saturn is still at 29 Gemini. In fact, he won't hit 17 Cancer until next year! Trans Saturn is not trining Jupiter/squaring Neptune just yet, but it's going to get there when it's around 7-9 Cancer.

Right now your prog moon is in your 8th house, which might indicate the power struggles you've mentioned. Hopefully this will clear up, or at least abate when she leaves 8th.

Also, you are correct: your husband does have Saturn in Cancer.

Unfortunatly, I don't know what BQT means either!

alexisyael

thanks, isthmus! Good to know:)

alexis

Blue Override

Maybe this Saturn shuffle is the reason these Capricorn boys keep getting up in my Aries program. . .who the heck knows.

Hey, SATURN? Wouldn't you like to go on vacation?

AquarianGoddess

BQT I believe is.....bi-quintile which I think is 36 degrees. Definitely a minor aspect and nothing to lose sleep over.

AG