Let's bid a "fond" farewell to Saturn in Gemini!

isthmus nekoi

Dave, thanks a bunch!! Mm, I must check out this Rudyhar book after I finish Arroyo's...

dadsnook2000

Phases in a cycle

To isthmus nekoi
Rudyhar's "Lunation Cycle" is an old classic which has been built upon by others. He defines 8 phases, each 45 degrees ahead of the previous phase. Others have given names to these phases: 0-45 is the new moon or Performer phase, 46-90 is the quarter moon or Worker phase, 91-135 is the Activist phase, 136-180 is the Analyst phase, 181-225 is the full moon or Seeker phase, 226-270 is the Believer phase, 271-315 is the Changer phase, and 316-360 or 0 is the Prophet phase.
The nice thing is that these phase meanings can easily be used with not only the Sun-Moon pair but with Saturn-Moon, Jupiter-Mercury, Venus-Mars, Jupiter-Saturn and Uranus-Saturn. We are not limited to those pairs but that set can provide a nice overview to anyones chart -- all without measuring aspects and orbs, houses or signs. It is interesting, check it out. Dave.

isthmus nekoi

to Dave

Ah, so it ties into the phases of the moon! I have found looking at moon phases to be helpful. Mountain Astrologer's May issue had a good article about this and the premise was that if you understood the phases of the moon, you could apply this knowledge to all planets, including the transitting ones.

dadsnook2000

Phases

Yes, the basic idea can be adapted to any pair of "planets" using the slowest-moving one as the base position and the faster one as the moving position, measuring counter-clockwise. The Sun-Moon pair can be used for general health, male-female relationships, etc. Saturn-Moon can relate to social and family structures and the way one interacts within them. Jupiter-Mercury can be applied to general socialness and communicative attitudes. Saturn-Jupiter can relate to ones sense of openness and fairness, conduct, etc. Mars-Venus can deal with sexuality attitudes. You can pick any pair and related meaning and apply phase unfoldment meanings. Dave.