Discussing Mars in Pisces

AquarianGoddess

The warriorer Mars, will be in Pisces for about the next six months, quite a bit longer than usual, due to retrogradation.

What are your thoughts regarding the lord of action in the sign of intuition, dreams and non-reality?

AG

purplefishy

Works for me! Um... I think it does anyways. I'm not really sure. My mars is in Virgo.

Here are my Mars aspects:
Mars Conjunction Jupiter 0°17
Mars Sextile Ascendant 5°48
Sun Opposition Mars 1°28

Minderwiz

Hi AG,

Well, Mars actually has some dignity in Pisces, firstly he rules the Triplicity by both night and day, during the last 10 degrees he has dignity by Face and from 20 to 26 degrees dignity by Terms as well. So from 20 to 26 degrees Mars is to say the least a powerful cookie.

I suspect that he gets away with the more ethereal side of Pisces by acting covertly, behind the scenes, espcecially if the placement also coincides with someone's twelfth house. I also suspect that if you have spiritual aspirations, Mars here will allow you to be quite assertive in following them. There are times when positive assertion or drive are not only fully acceptable but highly desirable.

If we look at Mars as assertiveness or drive to act there are various ways that this can be done - the upfront hit them on the head approach of Aries, but also a more kindly empathic drive to help others and be someone more in tune with the universal spirit.

Emotional issues may lead to physical vulnerability if we also take Mars as indicating the health of the physical body.

I don't think Pisces is entirely the airey fairy dream world that some crack it up to be. Yes there are spiritual depths here, there is an aspiration to be something more than we are but I much prefer to see Pisces as ruled by Jupiter who recognises the artificial natue fo 'boundaries', and is prepared to ignore them to get what he wants rather than nebulous Neptune who just doesn't see the boundaries and blunders around a lot.

Yes Jupiter is full of compassion to others and wants to help, and there is no better ;weapon' to use than Mars who will get things done. The trouble tends to be that some people my not want Jupiter's help no matter how kindly he intends it.

AquarianGoddess

Minderwiz,

All that you wrote is correct-a-mundo!

I too see Mars in Pisces as "acting covertly". Using one's intuition during this time is MOST important. If something doesn't "feel" right, go with your feelings.

The Mars retro this year has added emphasis due to the long duration of time it will square the Gemini eclipse, almost a month during July & August, then again for a few days in November. (Mars actually retrogrades squaring the eclipse at 10 degrees of Pisces on July 29th, but we'll feel it for most of July).

As with Mercury retrogrades, whichever house Mars retro is transiting we'll be given an opportunity to "go back over" unfinished business to take a second look.

There will be heavy "water" emphasis in the cosmos in July....most decisions made, will be emotional one's.

AG

Minderwiz

AG

This is purely an intuitive rather than Astrological comment but arisng out of your last post I get the feeling that the second look is going to be concerned with motives - reasons for action rather than the actions themselves. A time to reappraise why we have done what we have done.

AquarianGoddess

Minderwiz,

That was brilliant!! I wasn't thinking of it in those terms, but your exactly right!! See, that's why you're the Moderator!!

Fondly,
AG

Minderwiz

Not quite - I can't explain it in Astrological terms so I need to be fired :(

But I had a very strong intuitive push - must be some Astrologer out there getting his/her say in.

CompassRose

Does this mean that wishy-washy Triple Fish such as myself may find some cosmic support for actually getting off their tails and getting some serious things accomplished? :7

(Sorry, astrological ignoramus here! :) )

Minderwiz

Compassrose

Yes - I think that action is possible just remember though to think through why you are acting and in what direction you want to grow

Moongold

Hey Minderwiz, I love your new avatar. It is stunning absolutely. Is it Saturn? He may treat you kindly if you carry around his picture. :D

Now for you and AG, what is all this stuff about dignities and triplicities etc? I know, I know......have to look up the books.

But to Mars.......It will be interesting. Like CompassRose I expect some more energy in the 3rd House where Mars currently sits, and I do need that energy at the moment. I can actually feel it but that could be partially due to other things.

In this position Mars currently also trines my natal Uranus, sextiles natal Sun and squares North Node. Not sure about the North Node aspect but the other seems positive.

I notice that Mars also is currently opposing my natal Saturn. This is a good indicator for me to let go and focus on cooperation and to let the Mars energy drive that strategy rather than combativeness. I am also beig much more organised in my approach to things generally. This is a conscious decision I've made and I'll lightly persevere though Mars energy might challenge that. Tryin gto think of another interpreation for transiting Mars opposing natal Saturn but am struggling. Could it be that Mars wants me to retain some individuality asn not get completely back in the box :D Now that would be nice. I do have a say in my own destiny, right?

When checking these transitions I noticed that transiting Uranus is also trine my natal Moon in 3rd House and Pisces and that is a good thing. Might have some new insights.