Faeries Standing On Their Heads

thorhammer

Interesting thread . . .

I NEVER read my Faeries with reversals - they clamour at me and scream and absolutely throw their toys if I turn them upside down. If I accidently try to put them in their bag upside down, you should hear the chaos!

I know I sound bats, but I don't care. That's what they do.

\m/ Kat

Jewel

thorhammer said:
Interesting thread . . .

I NEVER read my Faeries with reversals - they clamour at me and scream and absolutely throw their toys if I turn them upside down. If I accidently try to put them in their bag upside down, you should hear the chaos!

I know I sound bats, but I don't care. That's what they do.

\m/ Kat
Mine are the same way ...

faunabay

I never read with reversals either. They're going to tell me what they mean whether they're right side up, upside down, or sideways! :laugh:

Polympolym

It's kind of weird, but reversals don't bother me as much...

It gives me a different point of view: on a normal position I could see the card as I would up front, but when it's reversed I get the feeling of seeing the scene from above and it usually sends off a different vibe of the meaning that might have been the other way around.

irisa

Well here's my experience :)

In Tarot I never use reversals I trust my feel for which aspect of the card is relevant at the time. So it's odd I did a reading with the Fey and somehow I had reversals now normally I'd just turn them round but the Faeries always like a game so I thought I'd leave them. Much complaining and muttering from the Faerie Oracle next to me

"the Fey don't like to be turned upside down but we Faeries love it"

Guess I'm using reversals with them then!

irisa :)

Alta

I have never used reversals with them. But since I sort of talk with the faeries within each card, I am hoping that I get the full range of meanings.

I am glad to see this older thread, it is an interesting topic.

irisa

Thinking about it... they're very new to me and I feel like they're opening my mind - showing me new things - and beginning with something completely new to me... reversals. We're all diferent so they work differently with us.

I'll probably rake up lots of the old posts I'm very late to the party :)

irisa :)

ellirhyn

Oddly, (and this is something nobody else seems to have brought up with this deck) sometimes reversals can be interpreted as positive energy (the Bodach in particular comes to mind here). I let the Fae do what they feel they need to in order to best communicate their messages to or through me. I appreciate when they let me know an energy is blocked or growing in a way that is otherwise unexpected!
(one of my favourite Yoga poses is standing on my head too, LOL, I love looking at the world from a different perspective!) :D