"breakthrough" Past spread (how to move on, hidden obstacles, etc)

nocturnaldreamr

this is my very first attempt at making a tarot spread, and i decided that a spread like this could help me discover what fears that i am still holding onto from my past that i can face for a new move into the future.

the shape is like |><|, which is the runic symbol for break-through.

[8]-----------[6]
---[1]-----[3]--
[5]---[11]---[10]
---[4]-----[2]---
[9]-----------[7]

card 1) what you have learned so far (a general idea of you life's path so far)

card 2) the attitude you have kept (is it working for you/ against you)

card 3) someone who has helped you (characteristics of them, friends, family, anybody who stands out as the most supportitive)

card 4) somone who caused you hurt (a negative person, characteristics of them, prehaps still on the mind)

card 5) secret you have been keeping from youself/ in denile of something (hidden fears)

card 6) happy times in your past (celebrations, good news, etc)

card 7) upsetting times (broken friendships, financial troubles, etc)

card 8) what you need to know about your past (deceptin of happenings in past, what was REALLY there)

card 9) strengths you have/ weaknesses to overcome

card 10) what you need to do to move forward, be ready for the future

11) future/outcoming/timing

so what do you think? i havn't tried this yet, i shall in a while though...

Mimers

I am going to try this one out on myself. It is just what I need right now.

I will let you know how it turns out.

nocturnaldreamr

i just tried my spread and it seemed to have worked for me.

right now in front of my eyes i have the possibility of a new relationship, but i am too scared to pursue because of past happenings.
these happenings came through in the spread pretty clearly.. although some things were rather vague ...card 6 and card 7, prehaps these ones need to be altered. if you have any suggestions for these cards in what new meaning the represent, please suggest away!
all critisisms welcome!
i had the 7 of swords reversed for the future/ outcome card, which i felt was what i needed to see there. some of the circumstance are the same for my past failed relationship and this potential new one, so this card tells me that the truth shall be brought forward (7 days for timing...)

Inana

Nocturnal...
It seems a nice spread to analize past events. Mmmmmmh... will try it and tell you how it works for me.

lunalafey

I echo what mimers said!-
I'm going the try this one out today!