Mercury Retrograde

CelestialHorse

No wonder why I have been feeling depressed lately... gotta love Mercury retrograde lol.

Anyone else sensitive to planetary retrogrades?

It is winter in Virginia,USA so doesn't help heh.

If you do feel like a planet is affecting you what do you guys do to not let it get to you?

celticnoodle

Yes, Mercury is in retrograde yet again and will be till Feb. 28. So, it will soon be done. It will be in retrograde again in early June and then again in early October.

For how to best deal with this, it is good to understand what may happen when Mercury is in retrograde. One big thing that occurs is with electrical items. They can easily go haywire and not work properly. Computers, the television, any electrical item can be affected.

So, as for your computer--be sure to back up your data so you do not lose it. This can also be with your cell phones, and anything that holds data.

Communication seems to get scrambled for some reason. So be sure to pay attention to what you say, write or type to another and also what you receive in return. Don't jump to conclusions, because a lot of people are in a quite sensitive mode during this time. Be patient and pay attention. this can also be a good time to re-read any documents before you sign your name to it! Double check everything and yourself especially!

Travel plans go haywire. So, if you must travel during this time, be sure to confirm your travel plans and check for late or delayed flights, etc.

Mercury in retrograde is a time when things from your past can come back into your present life. So, just keep in mind that the past is the past. You may feel like looking for old friends from long ago or they could decide to find you. If you are out looking for them and they don't respond--don't fret about it. They have moved on. If one seeks you out, be patient and remember that if you left them in the past for a reason and you do not wish to reconnect, you don't have to. But, always treat everyone with patience and in a good natured way.

I think patience is the key here with ourselves and everything. Mercury in retrograde, thankfully, doesn't last for long, though it can seem like it does. So remain positive in thought and deed and don't take things so personally when they do go wrong for you. And, remember that it will soon be over. :D

celticnoodle

and, just as I went to submit my post above, Mercury Retrograde snuck in to make itself known. I got a message that I made a double post.

I thought, "what? No, I didn't!" and waited to see if what I posted would appear twice. But, it didn't. It only appeared once. :laugh:

Mercury in retrograde- getting its message across. :D

CelestialHorse

That does make sense thanks :) Yeah I agree about the whole past thing but I am realizing what I am doing wrong I keep looking them up and it just doesn't let the wounds heal. I had a spat with my mom though who is just a pain sometimes (She gets to complain about her life but I can't). Meh. Computers and phone, tablet etc knock on wood are good so far. :)

Disa

I knew it was mercury retrograde right away when all the computers at work, communications with people via email, phone, etc all going haywire. Internet issues, software issues, printers, copiers,etc, etc,etc.....It was so overwhelming on the second day that I had to look it up and see if it WAS mercury retrograde and it was. It does seem like it's been going on FOREVER this time. Lately I'm just mean. I feel angry and mean. :p I'm usually not mean.

Edited to add: The arguments! How could I have forgotten to mention the arguments! Oh I'm so sick of it!

danieljuk

I am having a nightmare Mercury in Retrograde this time around. Lot's of problems in the house (which actually a horoscope I read for myself said would happen).

if you are Gemini and Virgo you are probably the most affected by Mercury because it is your ruling planet. I could understand it affect moods and also if you have those planets in various houses it could also affect I think (I am very new at astrology so please forgive me if that is wrong). I have noticed I am quite sensitive to it as a Taurus!

There is some positives to Mercury in Retrograde, these things don't just happen for a reason to annoy us. during that time we shouldn't buy new expensive things or sign contracts. But it's time to organise and deal with what we have. It's an important time I think for facing the past! I always seem to have people contact me from long ago during it!

Also equipment, computers, cars, all sorts fail! but often they are meant to be repaired or fixed! things don't last forever! I am having major boiler problems in my house but it's a really old boiler. We should have replaced it years ago! You might lose your computer but the realisation is that we should all regularly back up and not rely on everything!

I think my moods are more affected by other planets, like Mars and others. But I think there is a chance of more arguments and communication with other people problems during it. All we can do is keep calm and get through it! Learn it's lessons :)

Pixna

Yes, yes, yes! And I can't wait until it passes. For me, it seems to be letting up some as we're getting closer to it's end (February 28), but I think I felt it coming on long before it actually started (on February 6). So very many people close to me have died in the past month or been diagnosed with a terminal illness. I've had some very difficult work challenges and been unusually depressed.

Although it being winter here (in the Eastern US) doesn't help one bit, I'm usually sensitive to (or my life is affected by) Mercury in retrograde regardless of the time of year.

CelestialHorse

I am a Virgo rising so it's probably affecting me a little :/ I have to see when Uranus is in retrograde and what it affects. It seems like Mercury does it for everyone but yeah would make sense it would affect certain zodiacs more.

When I feel off or depressed or angry, I check my bio rhythm usually but then I have to wonder what it is when things on there looks fine lol.

Ronia

Never did anything for me and I don't expect it to. After all, it's only our perception on Earth, the planets don't go backwards. :D None of the retrogrades did although I followed them religiously for many years. Now I don't anymore, it doesn't matter to me. Only time when it may matter is if the retrograde planet makes a contact with natal planet or point (and not always) and then again when turns the other way again or when/if changes a house. Crossing the cusp always brings something but it's equally true whatever way it goes, same with natal contacts. It also depends if by directions and progressions there is a contact to support it and it colors the event - positive/negative. Mercury currently lacks such and passes unnnoticed.

Cor serpentis

I'm not sure if this is right thread to ask, but I'd like to hear opinions of those who are in traditional, especially horary astrology: do you read horary charts durig retrograde Mercury? Mercury is symbol of all sorts and forms of communication and I personallly include in that tarot/astrology questions.

I discussed about that with some astrologers, there's diferent opinios. Some of them thinks that retrograde Mercury, especially if it is significator in horary question, provide us some information relevant to the question in hand; other thinks that retrograde Mercury provides us wrong answers in all questions 'cause his retrogression brings to us problems and misunderstandings in all forms of communication, including "communication with Universe" where we can put horary and tarot questions (and all other divination).

Does anyone ever considered this?