I need YOUR opinions. Primary research (questionnaire) for my own Tarot cards

Duranimation

Hey guys as you can see from my posts counts I am still new here, please let me know if I am posting in the wrong section!!! I am creating Tarot cards as part of a personal project, connect to my university studies.
I need to get a lot of primary research so I would REALLY appreciate it if you could do my questionnaire? (hope I don't look like a spammer)
It has been aimed towards people who already know about Tarot.

I made a PDF https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzS...wyZThpaUE/view
and word document, however for the purpose of asking people in the forum I will simply copy and past the questions in the post below (and anyone wishing to answer/ participate can do the same)

Thanks guys

survey is below
__________________________________________________ _________________

Tarot cards questionnaire

1. Why do you enjoy Tarot? How seriously do you take it? And what got you into it?

2. How much would you spend up to on a Tarot deck that you really liked?

3. How would you feel about Tarot cards being taken into a digital form? (for example a mobile app)

4. Would you prefer the physical cards over digital? Or do you appreciate both? Why?

5. What is your favorite Tarot deck and why?

6. If you could pick any theme for a deck of Tarot Cards what would it be?

7. Would you be prepared to pay more for a handmade personal Tarot deck than one that is printed frequently? Why?

8. From the following, which production method would you enjoy in a Tarot deck? (you may pick more than one)

A. Printed with digital artwork []
B. Printed with hand drawn / painted artwork []
C. Printed using a more traditional method (for example carved wood acting as a stamp) []
D. A digital version (animated) []
E. Other (please specify) []
Why?

9.How many decks do you own? Do you plan on purchasing more?

10. Do you use a combination of Tarot decks (for example a regular deck and romance deck)?

11. Would you say men are generally less represented/interested in Tarot? Why do you think this is?

12. Have you ever successfully got someone else into Tarot who was not interested in it before? If so how did you do this?

13. Do you still feel you can follow Tarot alongside religion? (if you are not religious, answer with your thoughts on this )
(please also state your religious views if wished)

14. Do you feel that Tarot is more popular in certain countries and cultures? What is your evidence for this?

Please state your age, gender and nationality / country of residence (only answer this if you are comfortable)

Achlys

1. Why do you enjoy Tarot? How seriously do you take it? And what got you into it?
I enjoy tarot because it's a wonderful guide to life and it's a great healing tool for those in need.

The most I've ever spent on a deck was $150.

3. How would you feel about Tarot cards being taken into a digital form? (for example a mobile app)
Personally, I don't agree with this. It's one thing to use an app for studying the cards, it's another to use an app for readings. The algorithm would need to be quite complex and I haven't seen many apps that can deliver that.
After seeing some of the stories from readers who've worked for tarot apps, I've lost hope in them for the most part.

4. Would you prefer the physical cards over digital? Or do you appreciate both? Why?
Always physical over digital. There's no question of working with a full deck, your intuition tells you when to stop shuffling, and there's no guesswork that you're only getting randomized nonsense.

I really can't pick just one.
My favorite decks all have one thing in common and that's the ability to be intuitively read without needing to rely on a guidebook.

Personally, I lean more towards darker decks, so anything with a gothic feel would be excellent.

7. Would you be prepared to pay more for a handmade personal Tarot deck than one that is printed frequently? Why?
That depends entirely on the deck and whether it's unique enough that I'd regret passing up on it.

8. From the following, which production method would you enjoy in a Tarot deck? (you may pick more than one)
A. Printed with digital artwork [X]
B. Printed with hand drawn / painted artwork [X]
C. Printed using a more traditional method (for example carved wood acting as a stamp) []
Why?
Those are just the decks I'm more gravitated toward.

I currently own ~35 decks, with 3 on the way.
I never plan on purchasing a deck, but if I find one that resonates with me I'll buy it.

10. Do you use a combination of Tarot decks (for example a regular deck and romance deck)?
I don't understand what a romance deck means in this context.
I usually use one deck per reading except when reading with certain spreads.

11. Would you say men are generally less represented/interested in Tarot? Why do you think this is?
I've seen plenty of male readers so I would say no. I've also had a plethora of male customers. The ratio, in my experience, is relatively equal.

12. Have you ever successfully got someone else into Tarot who was not interested in it before? If so how did you do this?
I've had people express interest, buy a deck, and then never use it again.
I haven't had anyone who kept up with it.
Tarot is an art and requires practice. Most people don't want to put in the work towards learning a deck and end up abandoning the craft.

13. Do you still feel you can follow Tarot alongside religion? (if you are not religious, answer with your thoughts on this )
I don't see why not. There are hundreds if not thousands of religious decks out there.

14. Do you feel that Tarot is more popular in certain countries and cultures? What is your evidence for this?
It's definitely more popular in certain cultures and villainized in others. It depends on the sociological aspects of a culture and their attitudes toward tarot. Usually these fears are religion-based but often times it's skeptics that turn their nose up to it as well.

rachelcat

Tarot is a book that’s different every time you read it. It’s as simple as reading a picture book, but also a gateway drug to all esoteric studies. It’s where art, intuition, and learning combine.

I take it seriously as a way to train myself to listen to myself (my intuition). I wouldn’t make a life-changing decision based on a reading alone, but it definitely helps to see things from a different angle.

I got into tarot as something to study. Learning is the most fun thing I can do. But when I started back in the 80s, I had no idea just how much there is to learn! And I’ve always been interested in religion, mythology, esoteric things, etc. So it has repaid my interest a hundredfold. And I’m not done yet by any means!

I have spent more in the past, but nowadays, I probably wouldn’t pay more than $100 for a deck.

I love Fool’s Dog apps. They seem to “get” how tarot works. Others not so much.

I used Orphalese a bit in the past, which is a great program, but it seemed like a deck of cards was easier.

I use http://www.students-of-tarot.com/ sometimes when I’m at work and need a quick reading. I use also use it when I want to use the book meanings for decks that I haven’t put the effort into learning for myself.

I appreciate and use both. See above. Different platforms for different uses.

I was a Thoth user for many years because it’s beautiful and also has all the esoteric connections right there for you. So much to learn, but also useful for quick and dirty readings when you really need to know something.

NOT just because it’s just been published, but I truly feel the Tabula Mundi is the next generation Thoth style deck. It takes all the esoteric stuff to an even further level, and is also beautiful, in a way different than the Thoth.

Most recently, I’ve been using various Visconti reproductions as my go-to deck. I developed a pips reading method that works for me, and I like the aesthetics better than Marseille style decks. (I can’t get with those stylized swords with both ends the same . . . ?) And it’s kind of cool to use the oldest extant version of tarot to actually read with.

But the pendulum of my deck attraction is now swinging back to hyper-illustrated decks, even collage. (I remember a few years ago when I assured a fellow tarotist that I was done with collage decks . . .)

I can’t tell you. I’m writing it now. But let’s just say I like literature themed decks.

I would pay more, not only because it’s a little more rare, but mostly because I want to support a self-publishing artist. I know they’re not doing it to get rich. Or if they are, they’re in for a rude awakening.

Why?
I’m not against digital artwork, but I’ve been seeing some digital decks recently that just aren’t good. I mean, I know nothing about art, but I know what I don’t like.

As I mentioned, I enjoy cards and apps.

A stamped deck would be cool, but I have a feeling it would be out of my budget for truly handmade, as opposed to handmade and then printed.

I’d probably get excited about an actually animated deck, but I’m not sure that would ever actually happen. Think about the combination of talent and skill that would take . . .

9. How many decks do you own? Do you plan on purchasing more?
At this moment, I own 311 decks (including tarot and oracle, not including non-card items or playing cards). I buy and sell and give away (mostly buy), so the number is always fluctuating. I have pretty much everything I want right now, but I’m always looking to buy attractive newly published decks as they come out.

Do you mean use them at the same time? I do that sometimes, usually a tarot and oracle. I also have some decks shuffled together. But I think you mean different decks for different purposes/subjects. I do that, too.

I think that’s true, but maybe not to the extent that people think. I mean, I have noticed that there isn’t a perfect 50-50 split in tarotists I know, but there are plenty of men interested in art, magic, psychology, and other new age things.

I haven’t gotten someone to take tarot up as a hobby. But I have introduced friends and co-workers to tarot, and they have been very receptive and interested. They know that I’m not a total flake, so if I’m interested in it, then they figure it can’t be too bad!

I do. I don’t think people should do something if they think it’s wrong, but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with learning something about yourself. I have my reservations about the usefulness and/or karmic implications of magic, but none about divination. Am I just splitting hairs? Probably, but that’s what works for me. No matter what Genesis says, there’s nothing evil about knowledge--of good and evil or of yourself or of the future.

I’m post-Christian and at this time pretty much post-religion. But that’s always subject to change!

I have a feeling, but I don’t know anything for sure. All I would know about that I would have learned on tarotforum.net. Many people there could tell you better than I can.

Please state your age, gender and nationality / country of residence (only answer this if you are comfortable)
I am female, aged 57, born and living in the US.

HudsonGray

It's....different. It takes a while to learn the system, and I do take it seriously because I've gotten eye opening answers on way too many question results with it. A friend was teaching classes on tarot with her Thoth deck and she got me into it.

I've spent up to $60 on one deck, though prefer paying $25. The $60 was the Greenwood, I snapped that up as it was out of print at the time I found it and that deck sells for so much more than what I paid for it.

A mobile app.... I'm not interested in those.

I feel digital apps/cards don't 'shuffle' right, I prefer hand shuffling till the deck feels 'right' to do a spread.

I use the Robin Wood Tarot a lot, but trade off between four others regularly. I like the artwork on the ones I use.

Animal decks are some of my favorites.

If I found a hand made deck I liked, I'd possibly pay more. But it really doesn't matter to me how many times a commercial deck is printed.

I've got about 14 decks. I would get more if I like the artwork.

I stick with one deck for a reading if that's what you're asking, not a combination shuffled at the same time. If you mean do I regularly use different decks as the mood takes me, then yes. But I don't mix different decks together for doing a reading.

The readers around here are 70% women at events. I have no clue how many readers do readings in their own home or what gender they are.

I've talked to others who were interested but I don't know if they ended up getting into tarot.

I've got no problem with religion and the use of Tarot. While I've been baptised Catholic, I count myself 'spiritual' rather than following any specific religion at this point in life.

Well, hard to say which countries are finding Tarot popular on the general level. However after making and selling my Ferret Tarot, I will say that a very large number of decks were sent to individuals in Canada, Australia, England, and Germany (in that order). They were the four countries outside the USA that I had the most decks go to.

Alta

I take it quite seriously. I got into it because I moved to the other end of the country and was lonely.

If I really liked a deck, quite a lot, more than $200.

I love the Fool's Dog apps, have quite a few and use them regularly. Brief forays into other tarot apps has not been positive though.

I use both.

Oh, I don't know, it varies. I love the new Colores Arcus but am still getting into it. Cosmic is a fav, also the Thoth and RWS. I liked illustrated decks or at least decks with semi-illustrated minors like the Thoth. Stark minors do not appeal.

Collage decks generally do not interest me.

I am not especially creative.

Yes, because I like the idea of supporting artists.

C. Printed using a more traditional method (for example carved wood acting as a stamp) [X]

Something over 300, and yes, I do plan to get those that appeal.

No.

I have no idea, though in general it seems to attract more women in terms of numbers. But that does not affect the excellence of the reader.

Never tried.

Not religious and I cannot speak for those who are.

No idea.

Saskia

I love questionnaires, thanks for asking! :D

I enjoy tarot because it's both practical and mystical. I feel I get answers that make sense to me, I learn more about myself and life by pondering the cards, and I love the artwork of myriads of tarot cards out there. I'm not religious, but tarot cards give me a channel to be in touch with my spiritual side. They give me sense of awe, wonder and beauty that's often missing from the (ordinary) everyday life. I take tarot semi-seriously, i.e. I trust it when it makes sense to me, but I'd never make a decision or act based on cards if it's counter-intuitive or against my values.

I've only bought a couple of decks for $20 (AUD) each. I buy a lot of digital decks for $5-7/deck. I could spend maybe $50 if I REALLY wanted a specific deck in paper.

I use tarot apps all the time. I find they're more convenient for shuffling, storing and recording readings. I love the Fool's Dog app that mixes cards from up to 50 different decks - that gives my readings extra depth and flexibility, when the next card is not predictable at all.

I appreciate both. I like the artwork and on paper it's often more beautiful and "real", but I like the convenience of apps, like explained above.

I don't have one favourite. I learned to read with Rider Waite Smith so it has a special place in my heart, but artwork-wise I like more decorated and "lavish" decks, such as The Bonefire Tarot, Illuminati, Enchanted etc. I'm not into Thoth style decks at all, which are too abstract for my liking. The more "clutter' and details in the deck, the better for intuition.

I would probably go for fairytales, mythical creatures and alike. Harry Potter-style world, or myths and legends of the past.

No, I don't need a personalised deck. I don't need to own a "special" deck just for myself. Why wouldn't I want others enjoy the same deck, if it's good?

A. Printed with digital artwork [] If this means photography, then no.
B. Printed with hand drawn / painted artwork [x]
C. Printed using a more traditional method (for example carved wood acting as a stamp) [x]
D. A digital version (animated) [x]
Why?

I don't like photography decks, because if the people are too specific, it leaves less room for imagination. It's been studied that people respond well to cartoons and comics, because the characters are universal enough for anyone to project themselves on them. This does not happen with photos.

I own one physical deck and perhaps 10 digital decks.

I use an app that combines 50 decks (Fool's Dog) for my everyday readings and a paper version of Rider Waite Smith when reading for clients in person.

Based on what I see in AT, I don't think so. Men are equally interested. I guess men in many countries feel too vulnerable or exposed to talk about spiritual topics in general, or their belief in anything intangible, so men "come out" only on an anonymous forum like this. I've also had an equal share of men and women as online customers.

No, people who are not interested at all don't become interested if you try to "recruit" them. People who are semi-interested might want to have a chat or two, or want to have a reading. I've had one friend to ask for a reading, who was first hugely sceptical, but was blown away by the accuracy of the reading. She did brush it off as a coincidence, because she could not believe the cards could deliver something that pertinent. I talk about tarot in a very neutral way, don't push any spiritual meanings, but introduce it as a tool to understand one's intuition better. We all know more about our lives than we realise, if we just tune in to listen. I also actively downplay any magical thinking, when talking with sceptics.

I don't subscribe to one religion, but I think I could practice tarot even if I did. Tarot has made me more spiritual, because the answers I get from tarot seem to align so well with the books I've read about afterlife, life between lives etc. (astral plane, basically). Tarot has also made me less religious in the sense that I'd believe there's only one true religion - I think we're all on Fool's path to enlightenment and different people find it through different life events, values and lessons.

Yes I think so, but I don't have any evidence other than a hunch. Certainly it's more popular for example in India and the US than in Scandinavia. I'm surprised how popular it is in Australia - before I got into tarot I thought it's only practiced in the Caribbean and perhaps by the Romani people in Europe! :D

Please state your age, gender and nationality / country of residence

35, female, Scandinavian-Australian

Duranimation

thanks so much to everyone who has responded so far, very much appreciated :)

Nemia

I enjoy tarot because it's a form of communication with images, and it has strong roots in my culture (European). Tarot deals with universal archetypes, individual interpretation of these archetypes by artists, and then it meets my personal life when I lay out the cards. For me, it means touching base with a part of my heritage and culture in a very personal and empowering way.

I got into it many years ago, in the early 1980s, when a friend of mine read the cards for me for the first time. I never forgot that reading, and ten years later, I bought my own cards.

That's a difficult question. I guess $100 is too much - tarot is my personal luxury, and my children's needs come first.

I have no problem with the apps I have and like to use them, but i always have a better feeling with "real" readings.

I appreciate both. Apps give me the chance to try out a deck I'm not sure about, but there's nothing like the personal bond with a deck I own. I make my own tarot bags, I trimmed and edged quite a number of edges, and I store them with incense to give them a nice scent. So for me, the real object is important. Carrying a deck with me is different from just having an app on my phone. It's unique and tangible and more personal.

My first tarot deck and my all-time favorite is the Thoth deck. It has influenced me in many ways, it has taught me a lot about myself, the world and what tarot is, and I don't think any other deck can take its place in my life.

When my eldest son brought his first serious girlfriend home and we got to know her, he asked me to bring my cards and show them to her so she could understand better who I am. They are "Mama's cards" for him and for me, too.

I don't know about a theme, but I'd like to see a complete deck of cards by Marijke Koeger, the artist who painted the mural on the London Apple Boutique in the 1960s. Crazy flowerchild art, and she has made some interesting paintings with tarot motifs.

Yes, because I see it as a work of art, and an original is worth more than a reproduction.

Why?
I can't choose one over the other because every artist has his/her way of expressing ideas. The quality of the artwork and the quality as tarot do not depend on the technique or medium.

I own between 60 and 70 decks and I'm quite certain that I will buy more in the future. I guess around 100 decks I'll stop but that seems to me a good number :)

I don't know what a romance deck is but I usually use either tarot or Lenormand or playing cards and don't mix them. I don't use oracle cards.

What I do from time to time when I want to deepen a reading, I look at the cards that turned up in a different deck to see through the interpretation of another artist new aspects. Especially if it's a deck I haven't worked with a lot.

No, I wouldn't say that. In my experience, the ratio between men and women is 50:50 both IRL and here on AT. I may make myself extremely unpopular now but I did notice that men who are interested in tarot are often drawn to the scholarly, esoteric, historical side of the tarot. Most of the "does X think I'm sexy?" questions come from women, while threads dealing with the printing history of Cornelius Agrippa or a certain deck's esoteric correspondences usually attract a fairly balanced crowd. It's always dangerous to generalize and I didn't check it empirically but that's my impression.

No, I didn't and I wouldn't. I have helped and supported friends who were interested in the tarot anyway and didn't know how to approach it but I don't want to convince anyone and if a person is not interested in tarot, I leave him/her alone.

What does the "still" tell me? That you suppose people are of a Christian denomination that condemns tarot and changed their views under the influence of tarot? This is not an objective, non-judgemental way of formulating a question IMO.

I have heard that there are problems for some Christians with tarot but I don't have any personal experience with that. I disconnected from my Lutheran upbringing many years ago and would call myself today a Pantheist. As such, tarot enriches my whole life, including my spritual life.

I don't really know how to answer that. In my native Germany, tarot is popular and has been so since I can remember myself. I can see here on the boards with an American majority the overwhelming popularity of one tarot tradition over others; in Germany, it's more balanced. But the new approaches to tarot that have influenced my own work with the cards have nearly all come from US writers, scholars and tarotists, and I find that very inspiring.

Where I live now (Israel), tarot is less popular, maybe because of its strong Christian iconography. But a whole industry of alternative cards has sprung up here in the last years, mostly oracles and therapeutic cards in Hebrew. The Hebrew book market is tiny anyway, so most of the influential tarot books are available only in English, have to be ordered from abroad, shipping is expensive etc. But I'm sure that there are circles also here, people I don't know, who love and study the tarot.

52, female, German in Israel

VGimlet

I just now saw this thread, so I'll reply even though it was started some time ago....

I have always been interested in the unseen world. I pay attention to my readings, but also don't take anything TOO seriously. The future is fluid, and tarot is more of a heads up than an actual future predictor, the way I use it, anyway. I discovered tarot when I was very young; a book of short stories, (I think it was about a guy who discovered he was a king thanks to a fortune teller, or something like that) and thought "how cool, those cards sound amazing!" but didn't find a deck I liked until I was about 11 or so. Also read the first book or two in the Amber series by Paul Zelazny before I found my first deck.

A new deck - I won't go much over 100 dollars for a new deck, unless it's highly personalized, or I really, really like it. I prefer to pay between 30-60 dollars. For an older vintage or OOP deck I've spent somewhat more. Okay, considerably more.

I have seen a few digital tarot apps that are appealing. I don't mind digital stuff.

Oddly, I'm all about digital forms with two exceptions - my daily journal and tarot. I prefer a physical deck to hold. I'm not against digital forms at all, but I just personally prefer the physical for those things. They are personal items to me.

Erm...that would probably be the Mary-el, because I love the art and the artists vision. But also it's difficult to pick one. I love my Folchi decks, especially the Carnivale and the Felicita - the art and the colors. I actually have a lot of favorites.

Hm, People interacting with animals, working animals, companion animals, animals as helpers, (like bees and ladybugs). Examples - dogs that help with herding, search & rescue, K-9 dogs, guide dogs. Cats as companions and mousers, and horses as riding and therapy animals, birds as hunting animals, pest control, and harbingers of the season (fall = geese flying south in the winter) as well as companions..etc, it's kind of a vague idea.

Yes, to support the artist, but the few decks I have that were personalized for me give me a stronger connection to the deck in some ways. (For an example, the Illuminated Tarot I own was personalized a bit for me by the artist, and it is also a favorite.)

A. Printed with digital artwork [x]
B. Printed with hand drawn / painted artwork [x]
C. Printed using a more traditional method (for example carved wood acting as a stamp) [x]
D. A digital version (animated) [x]
Why?
I think all those methods produce interesting decks. I even have a deck that is a one-off majors deck, handmade for me by the artist, which is a favorite. :)

Honestly, i'm not exactly sure how many decks I own. I'm guessing close to 700 decks, with different editions and versions of some decks. And yes, I will be purchasing more.

I don't shuffle them together, but sometimes for my daily draws I use a tarot deck and an oracle or 22 card majors deck together.

I think society has conditioned men to be less open to non-concrete or unscientific ways of thinking. I also think women are conditioned and expected to be more empathetic and sensitive. That is NOT saying there aren't very sensitive and empathetic men (my own DH being one) or women who are more scientific and concrete. It's also proven male and female brains actually do work differently, maybe that's part of it as well.

I can't say I've ever gotten anyone into it who wasn't already interested. I have encouraged people who are interested to give it a try. I will say my husband has changed from "tarot is purely coincidence" to "tarot works, but I have no idea how" over the course of our relationship. :love:

I am not religious and was not raised in a religious family, although my family did believe in the spiritual. My dad used to tell us he'd let us know he was okay after he died, and he did, IMO. He raised us to be open minded. He didn't think organized religion was a good thing, but taught us to be respectful of others beliefs. I feel most people can use Tarot along with their religious beliefs, as one has little to do with the other, IMO. There are a few religions which frown on the use of Tarot <shrug> but that's up to the individual, IMO.

I feel tarot is more accepted in some countries and cultures than others, just because many of my European friends don't find it to be such a big deal. I will say I live in an area where it's more accepted than in other parts of the US.

Please state your age, gender and nationality / country of residence (only answer this if you are comfortable) Mid-fifties, female, US

Enlightenment23

Fun stuff! I'd love to help you out. :)

I grew up in a Catholic household and went to a Catholic grade school and high school. As much as my professors and parents kept telling me that I could find "answers" from God, I never got any. I just couldn't make sense of anything when it came to Catholicism - I just had so many questions and a plethora of vague, obsequious, nebulous answers that did absolutely nothing for my ever-curious, inquisitive soul. Anything that was part of the occult was deemed "evil." I remember my father dumping a palm reading book I had in the trash - I was only eight at the time.

But somehow, some way, I found myself back into the grips of tarot after - you won't believe it - stumbling upon a tarot reading website that churned out canned answers for every card. But I, who was always an occult skeptic, was blown away by accurate those cards were. My eyes widened: "Oh my god! I found a place where I can find answers!" Since then, I was hooked!

I would prefer not to exceed $35. I don't have the disposable income to splurge.

Well, I got lured into tarot with a website, so I don't mind it. I think a lot of traditionalists and conversatives might not like it, especially if they need engage in a tactile experience with the cards. But the mobile apps and sites I've worked with have been just as accurate, if not more accurate, as a tangible tarot deck. The Fool's Dog app is amazeballs!

Both are great and I'll tell you why. For people who aren't quite sure if they want to fully invest in a deck, they can purchase the digital version of the deck and see if they like it. You know? See if it's readable and see if it resonates with them.

Working with the Fool's Dog app, I've found myself falling in love with a card because of how readable it is and it makes me want to purchase the whole deck. The Bonfire Tarot is an example. From the outset, just looking at it, I didn't want it at first ... I thought the art was too odd, too flagrant, and too "busy." But in seeing how readable it was for me on the app, I can't wait to get my hands on a deck!

Surprisingly, I would have to go with my Bright Idea deck, which is geared towards business inquiries, but works like a charm for many other topics such as love and romance. It's not my favorite artistically, but the imagery is very straightforward that it's makes interpretations come to me very easily. My "Book of Shadows II (So Below)" deck, for example, is extremely visually pleasing, but I find myself scratching my head sometimes because the imagery can be too difficult to decipher and connect with.

I would love to see more modern and contemporary takes of the traditional tarot deck. Less scepters, horse and carriages, and swords, and more cellphones, race cars, and assault rifles, if you know what I mean.

I think I would completely understand why a tarot deck creator would charge top dollar for one handmade, personal tarot deck because, well, there's only one out there and it's not mass produced. But would I be able to shell out the cash for it? No. I don't have the wherewithal for it. However, I'm sure plenty of die-hard tarot deck collectors would pay a pretty penny for it.

D. A digital version (animated) [X]
Why?

I'm not too privvy with the production methods for tarot decks honestly so I just sort of chose the ones that make sense to me LOL.

Four. I probably will if something catches my eye enough. I'm very picky though. Still, I foresee myself purchasing tarot decks twice a year or so.

Very rarely. I'd like to do it more often, but I'm just too lazy to grab another deck, shuffle it, and try to decipher those cards on top of the cards I already have.

This is strictly based on my experience here on the forum, but when I head to the Reading Exchanges, it seems as if 95% of the people who post on the threads are women. I do think that tarot readers are stereotypically seen as women - might have to do with the whole "woman's intuition," thing. However, I do think it's possible that more men than I think are interested in tarot; they just might not be as active on the forums. They just might be lurkers lol.

Yeah I have. A friend. Simply by reading for her. She became so intrigued especially since my interpretations for her relationships materialized into real life.

Absolutely. Though I was raised Catholic, I am not religious any longer. However, I know there are plenty of religious tarot readers who use tarot in conjunction with their spirituality. I can bet, though, that doing so openly, especially in the Christian community, would cause a few eyebrow raises among some people.

I've lived in England for a bit and I currently live in the U.S. - both seem to have a nice niche of tarot lovers.

25, Female, American