Best Tarot books you've come across?

Little Baron

Still havn't got 'Tarot for Yourself' but do have 'Tarot Reversals' by Mary K Greer and Bob Little that I like a lot.

Usually, if I reach for a book, which I hardly do these days, I would go for Bill Butlers 'The Definitive Tarot'.

LB

daphne

Flavio said:
Thepautic use of Tarot by Veet Pramad:
I use to have trouble reading a card in different positions of the CC, how can work the same card one time as past and the next as the outcome?, this book helped me to "breakdown" the card for each position.

Are you sure is written correctly?
I could not find it on Amazon or Internet.

Bernice

For those who might want to read the tarot as it might have been originally understood, I vote for two books;

1) Mystical origins: From Ancient Roots to Modern Usage. ~~~ by Paul Huson

2) Explaining the Tarot: Two Italian Renaissance Essays on the Meaning of the Tarot Pack. ~~~ Edited, translated and commented by Ross Sinclair Caldwell, Thierry Depaulis, Marco Ponzi.

This second book has only recently been released and contains two discourses on the tarot deck which are the very earliest ever written.

Bee :)

Mystical Origins:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=28868

Explaining the Tarot:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=139912

Lunalyn

I too have read 78 degrees. its great for the psychology and philosophy of the tarot. I have also read The Tarot Bible by Sarah Bartlett. its a very good introduction to tarot because it is easy to read and simply set out.

I have heard of the books - Tarot: Theory and Practice by Ly de Angeles and Complete Guide to the Tarot by Cassandra Eason.
has anyone read these books? could you give your opinion on them?
thanks
lyn

Carla

This might sound silly, but I love the LWB from Druidcraft. It is wonderfully succinct and easy to comprehend. Really, beautifully done. I think it would work well as a generic guide to all RWS tarot decks. The Court Card section is the best and easiest to grasp that I've yet seen.

lark

Carla said:
This might sound silly, but I love the LWB from Druidcraft. It is wonderfully succinct and easy to comprehend. Really, beautifully done. I think it would work well as a generic guide to all RWS tarot decks. The Court Card section is the best and easiest to grasp that I've yet seen.
I didn't know the Druidcraft had a LWB???
Love your Eckhart quote it is one of my favorites..:)

Carla

Well, it isn't little and it isn't white. It's the book that comes with the deck. :)

lark

Carla said:
Well, it isn't little and it isn't white. It's the book that comes with the deck. :)
Oh...:D got'ch ya