Faeries Seekers: Signup ~February 6th - February 19th~

WhiteRaven

Here are the partners for this round:

Elven & SunChariot

Chronata & Melissa

Annabelle & Faerylvr

Inanna_Tarot & WhiteRaven

Please PM your partners to determine who opens your thread for this round.

I'd like to remind the Seekers that there is no book allowed :D
and also, if you are unable to read for some reason or another, please
contact your partner as soon as possible.

Have a good time folks.....and when you're finished come on back in here and tell us about how it went :)

SunChariot

reading with the Faeries' Oracle

Ok, now that I have you all here and you know the deck I need your help please. I have 21 decks, soon to be 22 and have always read intuitively. I adore my Faeries' Oracle, but it is the one deck I have the most trouble with reading intuitively.

Normally, what I do to read intuitively is just LOOK at the image, separate it into it's parts and see what sybolism I see there (colours, shapes, ...anything at all that reminds me of anything) and see what that feels like it means on that particular day in relation to that particular question. And it works quite well for me.

I totally love my Faeries' Oracle. Don't laugh, but the thing with that deck for me is since I got it, some things that have happened have pretty well convinced me the faeries are real. And it's like when I look at an image of them, I feel like I'm looking at a real being. And I blank and can't do it as I usually do. It's like looking at a friend and analysing her looks for symbolism...it feels ridiculous.

I would really appreciate any advice you have on this on how you all read intuitively with this deck.

Also, I always love to hear what people did with card 0. I find it fascinating that we could make our own. Here is mine, in case anyone is interested. That me me when I was a lot younger. I know I am showing my age, but as you can see, colour film had not yet been intented (or colour TV, LOL). I thought it was cool to add an image of myself to the deck. I really feel it has my energy in there now.

Bar

Attachments

• Card0.jpg
    Card0.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 75

WhiteRaven

I like your card Bar....very unique and touches on one's individuality in a very precise way. Very creative! :thumbsup:

As to reading intuitively with the Faeries.....well, I guess it's a lot like channelling for me....I do sit quietly with them and have a type of conversation at first.....then I just let things flow out....as if it's the faery/pixie or gnome that is speaking for me....telling the querant what is needed to be heard at that moment. Sometimes the visual does help...for example, in the last round I had a question about a move. I ended up with Un Dressing the Salad, which to me looks like a jammed up suitcase or box with various different items....with faeries trying to decide which balls to take and where to put them amongst the other things in the said "box". This spoke to me immediately by "looking" at the imagery. So, it does depend on what card you pull and what pulls you in....much like any other intutive reading. Grounding, centering and clearing your mind....which you do already....would be the first step....as usual.

I hope this helps you some.....perhaps others will have more suggestions...these are only mine.

Elven

Oh WOW Bar - that looks great!!! I love your expression in the photo and the way you're shyly posing LOL!! - the backyard - thats lovely!
Thankyou for sharing that!

I know I pm'd you about this, but just to share with everyone - I have now been prompted by bar to bring that card out of the deck - and while I did I was thinking about what I should put on it - I got that it should reflect something - so Ive decided to put a piece of reflective dark grey, dark blue or silver onto the card - so its like a mirror. Maybe not smooth and very clear, but a bit like looking into a window with sun protection LOL!!!

Thanks for the prompt bar - would love to hear of others ideas too.

Blessings
Elven x

SunChariot

Elven said:
Oh WOW Bar - that looks great!!! I love your expression in the photo and the way you're shyly posing LOL!! - the backyard - thats lovely!
Thankyou for sharing that!

I know I pm'd you about this, but just to share with everyone - I have now been prompted by bar to bring that card out of the deck - and while I did I was thinking about what I should put on it - I got that it should reflect something - so Ive decided to put a piece of reflective dark grey, dark blue or silver onto the card - so its like a mirror. Maybe not smooth and very clear, but a bit like looking into a window with sun protection LOL!!!

Thanks for the prompt bar - would love to hear of others ideas too.

Blessings
Elven x

That sounds so cool Elven. I really like that idea. It sounds to me like it would reflect as though you were looking into a pool of water. Almost like looking into your unconscious which Tarot and Oracles let you do anyway, or into your memories...I think memories are never perfectly clear, always coloured somewhat by our feelings at the time. That is why two people do not always remember the same event in the same way.

Anyway, I really like your idea for card 0. :grin:

Bar

SunChariot

Thanks WhiteRaven for your advice on reading intuitively with this deck. They do feel so real to me that is just what I will do too. Sit down and have a converstation with them.

I also plan to do one of my meditations on each card where you enter the card and talk to the character(s) there. If anyone is interested, I will post the technique here.

My partner had already done her reading for me. May I tell her what my question was, as I do her feedback?

Thanks for all this, and the chance to improve my skills with this deck. For some reason it has been the one I have found it hardest to read. Glad you and this group are here.

Bar

WhiteRaven

Yes....once the reading is posted the querant may post the question and commence feedback. The reason SatinAngel has held the questions was to make sure that we didn't change them in anyway and that we each had a question for this exercise. So, now that you have your reading, you may remove the veil of mystery and let the sun shine in for dear Elven....whom needs her nails to scratch her puddy cats.....LOL ;)

Chronata

Bar...your card is so lovely!
What beautiful inspiration to guide you!

I must admit ..that when speaking of intuitive readings...the faeries read much differently than other decks.

It's not so much what's in the picture for me...but what they are saying to me...
They are such a talkative bunch!

Although there are often interesting clues in the illustrations that I usually don't notice until I choose to just really look at them...especially the Singers!

BTW...here's an old thread about my Guide!
And a picture of his shaggy little self!

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=21444

SunChariot

I'm so glad I'm here now! I have always tried to read this deck as I do my others and it hasn't worked. Then I've ended up looking up the book meanings and using only them. That is something I have hated doing as I am very much an intuitive reader.

I love the deck too, and I want to be able to work with it. I am starting to see why it wasn't working for me now. And what approach likely will. I can't wait to try. I learnt so much already.

Thanks you guys!

Bar

SunChariot

Chronata said:
Bar...your card is so lovely!
What beautiful inspiration to guide you!

I must admit ..that when speaking of intuitive readings...the faeries read much differently than other decks.

It's not so much what's in the picture for me...but what they are saying to me...
They are such a talkative bunch!

Although there are often interesting clues in the illustrations that I usually don't notice until I choose to just really look at them...especially the Singers!

BTW...here's an old thread about my Guide!
And a picture of his shaggy little self!

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=21444

I love your Faery Guide! Thank you so much for sharing that, it was a real pleasure to see one so beautifully done. He's so beautiful, presuming he's a he. Did you really paint that yourself? You're very talented!

I first opened the link and I was thinking: Hey I don't have that card in my deck! LOL Wondering if you had a different edition to me. I really thought it was Brian's artwork, it's so beautifully done.

I find it so fascinating that this deck had a blank card and to see what people did with it.:grin:

Bar