Overcoming Astro Adversity

AquarianGoddess

Luna,

A sense of humor, or lack thereof, can be found by looking at the sign that Mercury is in, the house it occupies, the house it rules and mostly by the aspects it makes.

Mercury in Cap is usually a very dry sense of humor...the person can say something funny with a straight face.

Mercury/Jupiter is a fun combination (no matter what the actual aspect is) which can indicate a quickness of mind and funny remarks, or even writing humor.

Mercury/Uranus also indicates humor and mostly a very high IQ (Uranus is a higher octave of Mercury). A guy friend of mine has both Mercury and Uranus in Leo in the 3rd house (the ruling house of Mercury) and he is very funny and quite brilliant (and I always tell him I'm very jealous of his IQ and having those Leo planets, he just loves that!)

Contrary to what the books will tell you, Mercury/Saturn can be an extremely dry sense of humor.

lunalafey

what's SO funny?

AquarianGoddess said:

Mercury in Cap is usually a very dry sense of humor...the person can say something funny with a straight face.

HAHAHAHAHA.....I JUST wrote about this to All Is One. In the bar I get teased and then joke back with a straight face and then I hear..."I was only joking!!!"...hahaha..jokes on THEM...
now let's see; Merc(4th house)/Jup. a trine. heeheee
Mercury/Uranus...nada...yikes!

Still unclear on houses, Merc. rules gemini so the house that starts in gemini? or the one that is mostly in that sign?...If it is 'start' as I think it is, then that would be the 10th

*Contrary to what the books will tell me, I'm gonna always listen to you, AG.

Minderwiz

Most astrologers (including me) take the sign on the cusp of the House as the 'ruler' So if your tenth house cusp is in Gemini, even if it's 29 degrees of Gemini then Mercury is the ruler of the tenth.

A sign might also be given more importance if it is intercepted in a house - for example your tenth cusp was in Taurus and your eleventh cusp was in Cancer - which can easily happen if you are not using the Equal House System. In the case of intercepted Houses I would not give the intecepted sign as much weight as the sign on the cusp but I would give it more weight than if it were not intercepted.

Minderwiz

lunalafey

astrowiz

listening to you too!!!!!