Help define "dawn" in a given context

Ffortiwn

I want to calculate a chart for an individual who was born at "dawn" in the Middle East. Anyone have a clue as to how to define whether dawn in this case might be Civil, Nautical or Astronomical? I'm not sure how nineteenth century Islamic culture might have defined the term.

dadsnook2000

How about . . .

How about when the Sun rises, or a time perhaps a few minutes earlier. All you need is an almanac or a software program that can calculate the local time for you. A library should have an almanac or a chain-bookstore. Dave

Ffortiwn

Thanks, Dave. Starting to think this will require a visit to the local library. The online almanacs I've seen don't go back very far.

Fulgour

What year and day..? Time is a relative concept.

Ffortiwn

Fulgour said:
What year and day..? Time is a relative concept.
Was hoping to fish on my own but since you ask (and thank you for asking): 11/12/1817, "dawn", at about 35°40′N 51°25′E.

Ffortiwn

This is extremely generous and helpful, Fulgour. I am in your debt.

Ffortiwn

Now that the cat's out of the bag, I may as well come clean. :D It all started when, while experimenting with a proof-of-concept computer program, I whimsically ran his tarot birth profile and startled myself with some fascinating historical patterns. At the center of it was the death/rebirth thing. I could not get that out of my mind, and finally decided to explore it. Astrology and Tarot aren't exactly greeted with open arms in most Baha'i circles, although this is probably for many of the same reasons that operate elsewhere, and so I generally feel reserved about about mixing the two. So for this reason I was intending to make this a relatively private project until I felt like I had a handle on it. Clearly I've demonstrated here that complete silence is my best path to secrecy! I'm a terrible liar.

Fulgour

“In the garden of thy heart plant naught but the rose of love...”

Why not try taking a look with the addition
of the Ancient Mesopotamian Exaltations...

Attachments

• EXALTarotZodiac115b.JPG
    EXALTarotZodiac115b.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 100