Cranky lately?

Azarial

First let me say that I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into things or not. Here is what has been going on. For the past four or five days I have noticed that people around me have been extremely cranky. A few days ago it was my two brothers and I, and then yesterday it was my mom and a repairman that had come out to the house. It seems like there is a large amount of people who have been cranky lately. So I am wondering if there is some sort of astrological alignment that is causing this, or if it's just one of those weeks.

sharpchick

Mercury is retrograde now, till July 9. Its storm will last till about July 18, though, so after that, things should seem to get back more to "normal," whatever that may be for you.

Tara2007

I have noticed the same thing. Especially this week or so. I too have felt annoyed at things that normally don't bother me. Mercury retrograde must have quite a bit of power behind it this time. I think it's one of the worst times for communication I have seen in years.

Viper_05

ive been pretty pissed off this week, not sure why

Gemini Rising

Haha, wow, I feel the same way! Glad I have something to blame...

ruski_svet

Haha, it could just be more responsibility at work, but I've also noticed this. It's like this low-boil rage. Mostly at work and not constantly, but I see it more.

Azarial

Thank you for the replies. I knew there had to be something more to this than just my imagination. Hopefully it all cools down somewhat soon because it's driving me nuts.

calligirl

I noticed last week I had that problem. The latter part of the week, I kept waking up mad at the world. My 13-yr-old said he felt that way too and didn't know why. I really noticed it when my sister came over and said the said thing that night.

It's lasted for several days now. I hope it's about gone.

Sushi

I just popped in to this section to ask a question that this topic pretty much seems to be covering. I've noticed this week people have been acting weird if not downright irrational. I contacted another friend of mine today who's a reader and he said that people have been coming in all week saying pretty much the same thing. Aren't mercury retrogrades really common? Is that enough to make things feel this out of whack this week?

Gemini Rising

Sushi said:
I just popped in to this section to ask a question that this topic pretty much seems to be covering. I've noticed this week people have been acting weird if not downright irrational. I contacted another friend of mine today who's a reader and he said that people have been coming in all week saying pretty much the same thing. Aren't mercury retrogrades really common? Is that enough to make things feel this out of whack this week?

Mercury retrogrades happen about 3 times a year, if I'm not mistaken, and they all last for about 3 weeks. And oh yes, they can be enough to throw you out of whack. I've been in a seriously bad mood the past week or two for no reason whatsoever, and so has every single person I've come in contact with.

However, it's strange--usually they aren't that bad. The last retrograde passed without me even noticing. What makes this one so different? Any aspects to Mercury that are making this retrograde particularly unpleasant?

And yes, even though Mercury is prograde (that is the right word, right?) now, I'm still feeling its effects...boy, am I feeling its effects...maybe there are just nasty transits in my chart? I don't know, but I've been massively depressed for a while now for no apparent reason and it isn't going away...

And when I'm depressed, I tend to rant on about things at 4 o clock in the morning...sorry, everyone!