The Tarot Book by Jana Riley

6 Haunted Days

I was at a library sale this past weekend and found a book called simply "The Tarot Book (Basic Instruction for Reading the Cards)" by Jana Riley. Paid 10 cents for it and once I started looking through it, I realized I had stumbled on quite the gem! It's got unique insights, interesting perspectives and it's just all around a book that you don't come across on Tarot very often (it's got something new to impart), and I stumbled on it by accident.

Serendipity is always cool :). Great essays on archetypes, numbers, colours.
A wonderful table on the suits, best I have yet to see! Goes into some depth with the courts. I have to say she covers the numbers quite extensively, which was very welcome as it's my main study with cards

I love how the Majors are treated. She puts it all in a concise, easily assimilated write-up, and then after expands with her thoughts on what she says are cards that need more explanation and are prone to misperception. (some are Magus, Empress and Hanged Man).

All in all, a real keeper of a book! Compact (all this in 200 pgs.), excellent basic info with some great insight and new angles, many superb tables.....she pretty much covers it all in a very unique way.

And here I thought from the title it was going to be another ho-hum rehash, tell me nothing new book on Tarot. Far from it.

Has anyone else read this book? Thoughts on it?

Miss 6 :love:

P.S I also picked up Tarot Made Easy by Nancy Garen, wow, so many catagories!! So much info for each and every card, quite overwhelming.