Sacred Rebels - Alanah Fairchild

ravynangel

I've only got 1 Alana Fairchild deck - the Isis Oracle. I really wanted to love it because I adore the Egyptian imagery but also have found it extremely to read with intuitively and really usually can't garner any meanings from it whatsoever without the book. I find I don't use it regularly and when I do it seems a bit redundant and just doesn't 'speak to me' much. Not sure if it's just not dynamic enough for my tastes, or if I just haven't used it enough yet for it all to 'click' with me. The rituals and incantations are a neat inclusion and the book is well done and thorough but I would be very hesitant to buy another deck from her based on my experience with this one.

Which is unfortunate, because Sacred Rebels looks ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!

deleted :)

Inchantress

sigh, you and I are on the exact same page, and I feel your pain on both the Isis, and this upcoming pretty, double sigh.

I have been umm'ing and ahh'ing for months but have decided to definitely not buy it, as I have tried the Isis twice now through my love for Isis, and it just never works. It is disappointing that she allows such little wriggle room for your own intuition to come into play with the art, BUT, it's how she rolls :) Hopefully the artist will do something else with someone else down the track. As a huge fan of Jimmy Manton, the artist of Isis, I am able to enjoy his work elsewhere, thankfully :)

Yeah it's nice to know someone else had the same experience with it. I very admittedly have been card happy since I've had them, so I know that I haven't really sat down to give them the attention they deserve and have meant to do so. Just seems like so many people really like that deck, so I thought maybe it was just me, hehe. Now I know that's how she rolls tho (LOLing). That's awesome that you follow the artist, love that!

EmpressArwen

Inchantress and ravynangel,

I agree that her decks are really hard to read just from the pictures. I really do think the guidebooks are necessary but for me, they really jump off my intuition. I know the Mother Mary oracle won't suit everyone but with that one I did a reading thread for 3 sitters. I drew the cards, read the LWB...and then it was like a movie was playing before me. It was one of the easiest reads of my life, so much came I could barely write it all down. It could be that the sitters were really open, I don't know.

Honestly, now that I think of it, I think I have to use the LWB as a springboard with all oracles I've used. Hmmm. I wonder why? I dont need it for tarot.

Anyway, here's the link to the Mother Mary thread if you want to see what I mean about the book + intiition thing that happened.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=219131

PS...what are some oracles that you have found that you don't need the LWB?

Inchantress

I agree that her decks are really hard to read just from the pictures. I really do think the guidebooks are necessary but for me, they really jump off my intuition. I know the Mother Mary oracle won't suit everyone but with that one I did a reading thread for 3 sitters. I drew the cards, read the LWB...and then it was like a movie was playing before me. It was one of the easiest reads of my life, so much came I could barely write it all down. It could be that the sitters were really open, I don't know.

Honestly, now that I think of it, I think I have to use the LWB as a springboard with all oracles I've used. Hmmm. I wonder why? I dont need it for tarot.

Anyway, here's the link to the Mother Mary thread if you want to see what I mean about the book + intiition thing that happened.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=219131

PS...what are some oracles that you have found that you don't need the LWB?

Great to hear even you find the LWB necessary! While I haven't had the cinematic experience on these yet, I'm going to try inducing it when I use this and see how that works for me. Also can't wait to read through your thread! Intersting about needing the LWB with all Oracles. I definitely think I usually always need it in the beginning.. some decks that never changes with, some i "go both ways" on, but I do have some I never really pull the book at all.

Doreen Virtue decks come to mind as really easy ones to read without the books but not based on the imagery as much as there's always either a quote or keyword which is usually to the point enough for me to get the message without the LWB. Of course I know there are A LOT of people that aren't a fan of Doreen and that's very understandable. Had healing with Angels from her years ago and never liked it, gave that badboy away more than once lol. Right now I have her goddess guidance, mermaids and dolphins, healing with the fairies, and messages from your angels... and the only one I ever use the LWB on is with the goddess guidance and even then it's usually more to read the background on goddesses I'm not familiar with. So as much as can be said about her sacchrine style I find her card meanings seem to translate pretty easily for me.

I have another deck (Self Care Cards - Cheryl Richardson) which have no LWB at all, pretty sure it's not marketed as a divination deck but it similarly has keywords on the front and then a quote on the back, and I do fine without the book on that one too for the most part. I think all the others are situations where I had to use the LWB a lot to start and eventually just got familiar enough with the cards to not need it as much...which doesn't count - LOL!

EmpressArwen

Great to hear even you find the LWB necessary! While I haven't had the cinematic experience on these yet, I'm going to try inducing it when I use this and see how that works for me. Also can't wait to read through your thread! Intersting about needing the LWB with all Oracles. I definitely think I usually always need it in the beginning.. some decks that never changes with, some i "go both ways" on, but I do have some I never really pull the book at all.

Doreen Virtue decks come to mind as really easy ones to read without the books but not based on the imagery as much as there's always either a quote or keyword which is usually to the point enough for me to get the message without the LWB. Of course I know there are A LOT of people that aren't a fan of Doreen and that's very understandable. Had healing with Angels from her years ago and never liked it, gave that badboy away more than once lol. Right now I have her goddess guidance, mermaids and dolphins, healing with the fairies, and messages from your angels... and the only one I ever use the LWB on is with the goddess guidance and even then it's usually more to read the background on goddesses I'm not familiar with. So as much as can be said about her sacchrine style I find her card meanings seem to translate pretty easily for me.

I have another deck (Self Care Cards - Cheryl Richardson) which have no LWB at all, pretty sure it's not marketed as a divination deck but it similarly has keywords on the front and then a quote on the back, and I do fine without the book on that one too for the most part. I think all the others are situations where I had to use the LWB a lot to start and eventually just got familiar enough with the cards to not need it as much...which doesn't count - LOL!

Interesting! I have never seen a Doreen deck in real life. People have very strong opinions on both sides of the Doreen debate but I'm completely neutral so I might have to try one of her decks.

I hope you enjoy that Mother Mary thread...it was a special experience for me. Hard to explain.

The Enchanted Map is another oracle that I loved but could never use without the LWB. I look at the card, read the LWB, close my eyes and bam start getting stuff. Maybe it's just a thing with me and oracles. lol :)

desertrat

EmpressArwen has a real gift with the Mother Mary Oracle. She touched me deeply with a fabulous reading a couple months ago.

Thank you Empress Arwen! I wish I was able to PM you, but for some reason I am not. :heart:

Inchantress

Interesting! I have never seen a Doreen deck in real life. People have very strong opinions on both sides of the Doreen debate but I'm completely neutral so I might have to try one of her decks.

I hope you enjoy that Mother Mary thread...it was a special experience for me. Hard to explain.

The Enchanted Map is another oracle that I loved but could never use without the LWB. I look at the card, read the LWB, close my eyes and bam start getting stuff. Maybe it's just a thing with me and oracles. lol :)

Yeah, I'd consider myself pretty much neutral on it too. Doreen's decks ARE fluffy and I have a penchant for decks that have more of a shadow side but they're not terrible in their own right. The Mother Mary thread was totally awesome. I just don't even know what to say about because it was so epic lol. Loving your BAM style, haha. Hopefully at some point I'll be able to do that more hehe. Tried a bit with Isis yesterday but was rushed trying to do several readings in a short period of time so had no luck on it. I will say though I did a bunch of readings with the Isis deck yesterday and it was a huge hit - everrrrryone I read on it loved the messages they got (even if straight from the LWB) - so that was nice!

Have been wanting to grab a copy of the enchanted map and haven't yet - so that's good to know! haha

EmpressArwen

Yeah, I'd consider myself pretty much neutral on it too. Doreen's decks ARE fluffy and I have a penchant for decks that have more of a shadow side but they're not terrible in their own right. The Mother Mary thread was totally awesome. I just don't even know what to say about because it was so epic lol. Loving your BAM style, haha. Hopefully at some point I'll be able to do that more hehe. Tried a bit with Isis yesterday but was rushed trying to do several readings in a short period of time so had no luck on it. I will say though I did a bunch of readings with the Isis deck yesterday and it was a huge hit - everrrrryone I read on it loved the messages they got (even if straight from the LWB) - so that was nice!

Have been wanting to grab a copy of the enchanted map and haven't yet - so that's good to know! haha

Are there any negative cards in the Doreen decks? I feel there has to be SOME darkness or there is no balance. Good job on the Isis readings...keep at it! I find that when I rush my intuition isn't as good either. Sometimes we just have to slow down in order to hear the whispers in the wind. ;)

Glass Owl

Moderator Note

Folks, let's please get back on topic. This thread's topic is the Sacred Rebels deck.

Thank you,
Glass Owl - Oracles Moderator

EmpressArwen

Sorry, Glass Owl!

I will come back when I own this one.

The Blue Angel site says it will be released in Sept...Amazon says next year. I know it is more expensive through Blue Angel, especially with shipping...but I don't think I can wait!