Starchild Tarot Study Group: 0. Starseed

JadeVictoria

Starseed the 'Advanced' Fool

I'm super pumped about this group! Thanks for posting about it on IG :) I only have the Akashic deck so I can really only comment from that standpoint.
I always like to compare The Fool and The World when I get a new deck and since in this deck we have The Starseed and The Universe, I'll compare these.
The Starseed seems like she's really concentrating on holding, maintaining or manifesting that energy ball the way a student would. With The Universe she's meditating and she seems very calm, at ease and serene and it seems to come second nature to her manifesting that energy above her Crown.
The Starseed has a line of symbols from the bottom of the card up to her forehead of: chakras, sacred geometry, etc and none of them overlap. The Universe has layers and layers of sacred geometry all overlapping each other. So again showing that The Universe is more complex or advanced than The Starseed.
The Starseed is also floating up in the sky which to me symbolizes that she's working on her third eye, intuition, etc. but she's not grounded while she works, a common beginner mistake. Then we have The Universe actually sitting on the ground and so symbolizing a grounded approach to energy work.
So in general The Universe being more 'mastery' while The Starseed is more of a student, in my eyes, in this deck. So almost like an 'Advanced' Fool. To me The Fool is too naive to know that they know nothing (You know nothing John Snow, lol) and they just through themselves into the world. The Starseed, I feel like, knows they know nothing and begin their journey as a student, so a slightly more advanced Fool.
Hopefully this ramble made sense. :)

-Jade (Farmhouse_Oracle on IG)

kp.

I'm super pumped about this group! Thanks for posting about it on IG :) I only have the Akashic deck so I can really only comment from that standpoint.
I always like to compare The Fool and The World when I get a new deck and since in this deck we have The Starseed and The Universe, I'll compare these.
The Starseed seems like she's really concentrating on holding, maintaining or manifesting that energy ball the way a student would. With The Universe she's meditating and she seems very calm, at ease and serene and it seems to come second nature to her manifesting that energy above her Crown.
The Starseed has a line of symbols from the bottom of the card up to her forehead of: chakras, sacred geometry, etc and none of them overlap. The Universe has layers and layers of sacred geometry all overlapping each other. So again showing that The Universe is more complex or advanced than The Starseed.
The Starseed is also floating up in the sky which to me symbolizes that she's working on her third eye, intuition, etc. but she's not grounded while she works, a common beginner mistake. Then we have The Universe actually sitting on the ground and so symbolizing a grounded approach to energy work.
So in general The Universe being more 'mastery' while The Starseed is more of a student, in my eyes, in this deck. So almost like an 'Advanced' Fool. To me The Fool is too naive to know that they know nothing (You know nothing John Snow, lol) and they just through themselves into the world. The Starseed, I feel like, knows they know nothing and begin their journey as a student, so a slightly more advanced Fool.
Hopefully this ramble made sense. :)

-Jade (Farmhouse_Oracle on IG)

wow jade, what an amazing comparison! love all the little details you picked up on. these cards are fascinating because there really is a lot of symbolism in them, it's just not always schools of thought you are familiar with, or the connections they make aren't immediately obvious. thank you for that new perspective! and i'm gonna be comparing these cards with al my decks now!!

Citrin

So in general The Universe being more 'mastery' while The Starseed is more of a student, in my eyes, in this deck.

Ooh this makes a lot of sense! I love how you Point out that the Starseed is so focused so she loses being grounded, it makes so much sense in a deck that is so "spiritual". I sometimes have to remind myself that this deck is less earth and more air or umm cosmos lol!

alainaobrien

Jade!!! Hey! I love how you compared the Fool with the World, something I have never specifically done. I'll definitely have to pull out the Uniervise here and compare it with the Starseed (...and then do that in every other deck...)

Happy to have you along :)

kittydorkdork

Hi all! I have the Akashic version of this deck and while I find the art incredible I can't read the deck worth a dark on an intuitive level. And I don't have all the traditional meanings of the cards memorized so I have to lean a bit heavily on the book when I do a reading. Was hoping a study group might help out.

Has anyone noticed above the Fool the clouds looks like the shape of someone meditating? I'm sure it's not intentional but I just noticed it like 3 minutes ago and thought it was cool.

Citrin

Hi all! I have the Akashic version of this deck and while I find the art incredible I can't read the deck worth a dark on an intuitive level. And I don't have all the traditional meanings of the cards memorized so I have to lean a bit heavily on the book when I do a reading. Was hoping a study group might help out.

Has anyone noticed above the Fool the clouds looks like the shape of someone meditating? I'm sure it's not intentional but I just noticed it like 3 minutes ago and thought it was cool.

Welcome to the study group! :) I can partly understand what you mean haha this deck is very dreamy and meditiative to me, but I sometimes feel like it lacks "clarity" when I use it, the messages are so dreamy they're almost not tangible if you know what I mean?

Then again, from what I've read of the wonderful guidebook it feels like the meanings are mostly derived from the RWS. So when using it I sometimes try to analyze how the card relates to the RWS, how I can find the more traditional meaning in the Starchild despite the image looking very different from the RWS. Sometimes it "clicks" and I understand Danielle Noell's interpretation, other times it actually doesn't work for me, so I have to dig deeper and sit with the card, trying to get my intuition going while connecting it with numerology and elemental correspondences. :)

Ooh that's very interesting about the shape in the clouds haha I had not noticed before!

Julian Jaymes

This card is what drew me to the Starchild Tarot in the first place... and today I got lost in reading/watching about Starseeds, lol. Seems to be a phenom kind of like Indigo Children, only in the Millennial generation. Take from that what you will.

Personally I feel like this card embodies the HOW of spiritual journeys...Honesty, Open-mindedness, and Willingness. She, like the Magician, has spiritual tools, but hers are more inner qualities than physical or even mental tools. They are parts of her soul, but they allow her to walk a higher path.

I dunno, just thoughts...

~Jules